musical plugin request! Play Music From Server Side Music Sheets?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Kane, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Offline

Kane

musical plugin request! Play Music From Server Side Music Sheets?

2. Offline

Nijikokun

TBD! Will do when I got the hooks yo!

3. Offline

Kainzo

ultra-kill!

4. Offline

Ant59

Brilliant idea!

5. Offline

rslink

If possible have it only play in a certain area and able to start playing when a player enters that area.

6. Offline

Kane

<LloydtheHumble> I look forward to the MidiImport plugin that places Note blocks and circuits to play your favorite midi files.
    --- merged: Jan 14, 2011 9:52 AM ---
    with the proper hooks very.
    --- merged: Jan 14, 2011 9:58 AM ---
    http://www.lotro-abc.com/

7. Offline

sk89q

I already started on this (already fiddled with the packets already too). Been planning it for a few weeks now.

8. Offline

Kane

Thanks for anyone who makes this :)

9. Offline

ahmeni

I made a thing!

10. Offline

Snowl

HOLY COW thats awesome! Is that reading from a sheet or just programmed in?

11. Offline

ahmeni

It's read directly from a MIDI file!

12. Offline

Snowl

Sweet :D Do you have to place the blocks or does it do it for you? When would you release this?

13. Offline

ahmeni

You current have to place the note block, the block under it for, the sign with the [MIDI] flag, filename and track name then run redstone wire to every sign at the same time.

It's probably a good chunk away from being ready for release. Here's what needs to be done so far:

- Timing - This is waaaaay off. Probably my fault for not understanding music very well.
    - Tune properly - I'm not a musical person and I don't think it's tuned properly. At the moment it just subtracts 12 to slide down the scale till it's under 24.
    - Instrument detection - The java midi library is a little odd and I'm having trouble detecting this properly. Once this is done then note blocks will automatically set the block underneath themselves to tune to the right instrument.
    - Stop - I've quickly learned the most needed feature for implementing long lengths of annoying sounds is a way to MAKE IT STOP AUUUUGH.

14. Offline

godsyn

@ahmeni : it seems you've made much progress with the latest video (bowser). Is there any chance we can get a pre-alpha jar?

15. Offline

sk89q

I also have it too:

16. Offline

godsyn

I saw, and I understand that the ETA is the 14th for craftbook. I'm just being impatient.

17. Offline

ahmeni