Multiworld and biomes problem

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by gml_josea, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

gml_josea

When 1.5 came out I set up a server with the official server software. We built a town on a big snow biome.
    Today I decided to update my bukkit server running #670 to #714, my plan was to incorporate our new world to our existing bukkit server using the multi-world features. It was my first time experimenting with multiple world so I installed the plugins MultiVerse and MultiInv. The original world was called 'world' and the new one 'esno'.
    After I set it up I noticed that the biomes of the 'esno' map had changed. Just to check if it was a problem with the world files or the server I set up another #714 server without plugins or anything and moved the 'esno' world there. Nope, it wasn't a problem with the world files, the biomes were correct.
    I went back to the multi-world server and decided to switch the world folders, I moved 'world' to 'esno' and viceversa. This time esno's biomes were correct, but the original world's weren't. This time I also noticed that somehow all the worlds 'inherited' the biomes of the default world, that is, when 'world' was the default, 'esno' copied its biomes, and viceversa.

I wonder if this the expected behavior or a bug in craftbukkit or any of the plugins I had. I spent a long time searching this forum and the internet, but I didn't find anything (perhaps I was using the wrong keywords?)
    Anyways, here are the specs of the server:
    Linux 2.6.35-28-server #50-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 18 18:59:25 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    java version "1.6.0_24"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)

I'm running Craftbukkit #714. I have a bunch of plugins, but during this test I only used MultiVerse, Permissions and WeatherMan (so I could easily see the biome changes)

If it is of any help, the 'world' map was started around December, a couple of weeks before Beta (I don't remember the exact Minecraft version), whereas 'esno' was generated the day 1.5 came out.

I'd greatly appreciate any help on this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.