Problem/Bug Multiverse Portals Are Not Recognized After Updating Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by xMysti, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xMysti

Hello, so I am currently working on a server with multiple worlds and using Multiverse Portals to move between them. I have created many different portals and been able to successfully modify them to my liking and have had no issues with the plugin aside from when I update the version of the server (e.g. 1.8 > 1.9). After the server has been updated and all files transferred, the portals stop working entirely! I can still create new portals and those seem to work fine, but the old ones are not being recognized at all!

Things I’ve tried:
    ● I tried checking to see if all the data was in the portals folder (plugins > Multiverse Portals > portals) and it indeed was.

● I tried updating and reinstalling Multiverse Portals and copying the old portals file into the new Multiverse Portals folder.

● I made sure that all my worlds were imported (issue is not that the portal cannot find where it is supposed to take me, but rather the portal is not recognized at all).

● I made sure I could still create portals, tried selecting an old portal (was not found), tried listing the portals (there were none despite the portals file being full of data to prove otherwise), and tried creating a portal with the same name as a portal I had created previously/an old portal and there were no errors or “this portal already exists” messages.

So I’m just curious if anyone else is having this issue and even better if anyone knows how to fix it. I’ve had this problem happen once before, the first time I tried to update my server, and after being unable to find any information, let alone solutions on how to fix it, settled to just wipe and recreate all the portals, which worked just fine but took ages.

Thank you for your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.