Solved Multiverse Core/Inventories *BUG*

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by chad53105, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

chad53105

So a weird thing happened the other day. I caught one of my VIP's in creative mode on my survival world. I know I didn't allow the perm node to bypass multiverse's gamemode check, nor does he have the node to do /gm in the survival world. After jailing him for a few hours, he finally gave up how he said it happened. He said he was in the creative world and logged out. During logout, his client crashed. He then came back online a few hours later with creative on in the survival world. I doubted this, until a staff member also had this happen. I properly configured the groups in MultiVerse Inventories and I know I check the gamemode bypass node twice now. They both gave me the same stories. Has anybody else had this happen to them?
    Bukkit version: 1.4.6 R3
    Multiverse Inventories: 2.5-335

2. Offline

Sweatyzana

No

3. Offline

chad53105

Sweatyzana
    No? As in no, this is not possible? Or, no, you have not had this happen?

4. Offline

Sweatyzana

Its probably a plugin error, I doubt you can do anything about it

5. Offline

chad53105

I imagine so, I just wondered if anybody else had this same problem before. I am opening a ticket for this on the multiverse core page.

6. Offline

chad53105

Found the problem. Mob arena allowed users in the creative world to transfer inventories from creative to survival. The user would go to the creative world and fill his inventory. Then they would join mob arena from the creative world. Mob arena stores the user's current inventory upon joining. Thus, whatever they had is saved in the DB. Then the leave mob arena with their inventory. I solved this by removing permissions for mob arena from the creative world. Issue solved.

7. Offline

Sweatyzana

Good Job :)

8. Thanks for sharing the solution.

9. Offline

chad53105

Anytime...I only caught this when i permanently jailed the offending user and dangled a "pardon" in their face if they reported the bugs they found.

10. Offline

Evilshallwin

So, when you mean a pardon, do you mean a ban? Banning them would let them leave jail :p

11. Offline

chad53105

Evilshallwin
    No, i allowed them to stay. But with one final warning. ANY more infractions and its ban hammer time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.