Multiple Nethers

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Lildirt, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Lildirt

Greetings everyone.
    I run multiple survival worlds on my server and want a nether for both survival worlds.

I run six worlds currently.
    - main survival
    - another survival
    - creative
    - nullterrain world
    - main survival nether
    - main survival end

If it is possible, I want to have a nether world for the "another survival" world, and possibly an End for that world also. I haven't found any luck doing so though.

Basically I want a different end and a different nether for both worlds.
    So, like this (in a tree):

format being:
    Code:
    - mainworld
      - subworld1
      - subworld2

Code:
    - world
      - world_nether
      - world_the_end
    - otherworld
      - otherworld_nether
      - otherworld_the_end
    - creative
    - nullterrain world

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help,
    - Lildirt

P.S. I use DimensionDoor to organize my worlds and WorldInventories to maintain inventories.
    I will not switch from either one of these plugins, so let me know if it's not possible with the plugin's I'm using.

2. Offline

Logan

Yes, this is possible.
    Multiverse-nether.

3. Offline

Lildirt

Are you sure this is possible using DimensionDoor AND MultiVerse-Nether (Just the Nether?)

EDIT:
    Went to the thead, MultiVerse-Core is a required dependency for MultiVerse-Nether, and if I install MultiVerse it will probably cause confliction and maybe corrupt the worlds, anyways, I need a plugin that will manage a nether world alongside it with DimensionDoor and WorldInventories, no other MultiWorld plugins.

4. Offline

Sayshal

Ditch DimensionDoor. I highly doubt someone is willing to make a plugin when the awesome MV-Team has already done it..

It wont corrupt the worlds. Uninstall DimensionDoor, put Multiverse-core.jar & Multiverse-NetherPortals.jar in your plugins folder.

Login to the server and type the following:
    /mvimport worldname worldtype
    Replace worldname with the respective name, case sensitive.
    Replace worldtype with the respective world type, this is limited to: normal, NETHER, END.
    If you want another world, simply type /mvcreate worldname worldtype. Following the pattern for mvimport.
    As for linking certain worlds to certain nethers/ends, this is where Multiverse-NetherPortals comes in:
    /mvnp link [FROM_WORLD] {TO_WORLD}
    Example:
    /mvnp link world world_nether
    /mvnp link world world_end

Very straight forward, easy to setup. Here are the corresponding wikis for these plugins:
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki
    https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-NetherPortals/wiki

5. Offline

Lildirt

Thank you, I already know how to use the plugin and have switched to it, sadly. I was meaning that the worlds would corrupt themselves if I ran DD and MV at the same time.

DD is so much simplier than MV, that's why I really wanted to keep it..

6. Offline

Sayshal

Simpler how? (Haven't checked it out so this is you prooving to me it is!)

7. Offline

Lildirt

Well, I can demonstrate some commands to you.. but.. in short, it's a lightweight management for worlds, and I can create/delete/load/unload worlds a lot simplier than MV, that's me personally though. I dislike the MV commands because there's about SEVEN PAGES of the things.
    DD has one page.
    /dd modify world_creative pvp deny -- Done.
    /dd delete world_creative -- Done,. doesn't delete directory for world either. Really nice. (Not sure if MV does delete the folder for the world or not, so :p)
    /dd create world_creative e:NORMAL g:CleanroomGenerator:(numbers here) -- Boom! Creative world.
    /dd modify world_creative GAME_MODE CREATIVE -- Self explanatory..
    I don't need to continue :p

I don't know, the commands seemed a bit more straightforward to me. I didn't have a massive wall-of-text configuration file that I found easier to configure than use commands that MV provides.

Felt easier for me. I recommend trying out the plugin. I didn't ever find a reason to reload the plugin fortunately, but MV probably can do live/on-the-go changes also, I just haven't really liked doing it like such.

I switched to it because MV had a stupid autoadjust for the spawn (now togglable, but it prevented my server from booting at one time.). After that, I've fallen in love with the plugin by its simplicity and light-weight functionality. I did install MV (that was REALLY 3 plugins?) and I did notice a small decline in RAM free, but it's nothing major.

Also, I don't know if this relates to MV, or just the DevBukkit (I've heard bad things about 1779), but my world was missing trillions of blocks of stone, I'd randomly have chunks missing some stone with ores just floating. It was bad near spawn, like, horrible. I gave up and reinstalled a backup of the map, downgrading back to 1.0

Currently, I'm screwed. I launched yesturday, then found this problem. It's gone downhill. My hosting has been DoS'd and -- Okay, off topic. I doubt anything would read my massive wall of text here anyways.

Did you need to know anything else about the plugin?

8. Offline

Sayshal

Everything DD can do MV can do better.
    MV can do anything better than DD.
    Sorry, McDonalds jingle came in my head.. XD

9. Offline

Lildirt

Once again, this was my personal opinion. MV cannot do the following thing:
    - Be lightweight.

As stated earlier, I did notice a decline in my server performance (as in how good it was doing) about the same time I installed MV instead. Oh well, can't be helped.

10. Offline

Sayshal

How much? Because I've noticed no impact. You can turn keepspawninmemory: false if that helps.

11. Offline

Lildirt

I already did this in 3 of my worlds, the ones visited less often than normal. This also was occuring with DimensionDoor.

I believe Essentials is causing some impact, I'm probably going to switch over to CommandBook supported by a few other plugins instead.

12. Offline

Sayshal

Yeah thats what I did. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.