Solved Multiplayer sleep problem

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by proof2006, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey!

I've searched trough the forum and found similar threads but none of them solved the problem I'm having.

I'm running a bukkit server and playing with two friends, we're all OP on the server. When one of us goes to sleep it turns to day even though the rest of us aren't in our beds! I want to turn this off so that all three of us are required to be in bed in order for it to become a new day. Plugins used on the server:

ConsoleScheduler.jar (shows scheduled messages)
    Essentials.jar
    EssentialsChat.jar
    OnTime.jar (shows players time on server)
    Vault.jar (required by OnTime)

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with essentials but I can't find any setting related in the config to turn it off. I don't have any permissions set, don't even have a permission config file, is that somehow required, and if so, what do I type in it? Please help, it's really frustrating as this is the only thing that's not perfect about my server now. :oops:

2. Any tip at all?

3. Offline

ZeroZX4

1st of all try without all plugins to see if it help

than if it help add 1 plugin and restart server and see if it still work and keep adding 1 plugin at a time and this way you will find your problem

4. Thank you for your answer ZeroZX4, I will try that out and come back with an update.

5. Okay, so I haven't had time to play for a while but I tried your tip ZeroZX4. Removed all plugins and added them one by one and as I previously guessed it was the Essentials plugin that made players able to sleep and turn night to day even when everyone wasn't in bed.

I've looked through the config(s) of the Essentials plugin and can't find any setting to turn it off. Any idea how to fix so that every player on the server has to go to bed for it to become a new day without disabling the Essentials plugin (as I really need that plugin)? :(

6. Offline

ZeroZX4

lol man if that is possible with essentials i would be happy cause that would mean i dont need any other plugin to allow 1 person to skip night in bed

but seams that is problem fo you so zip all essentials folders and plugins you have and upload them for example here http://www.zippyshare.com/

and give me link to it so i can try to recreate that bug on my server and see how to disable it

7. Haha well I removed every plugin and tried without any plugin, added one, added another and everyone had to go to bed in order for it to become a new day until I added Essentials, then only one player had to go to bed for it to become a new day. Same thing when using only Essentials. Furthermore I use "The Bukkit GUI Project 1.6.1.1" to run the server if that could have anything to do with it.

Here's a link to my essentials plugin: http://speedy.sh/BDzaz/Essentials.zip

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!

8. Offline

ZeroZX4

gui just launch and manage server it dont affect gameplay in that way

i spent so many time search a plugin that will make only 1 player go to sleep to skip the night and it was all time there in essentials wtf !

anyway im too busy atm to search essentials for solution so ill do it later for now i got solution with other plugin

install this plugin
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/goodnight/

and so only users/groups with this permsision
    - goodnight.skip

will be able to skip the night without everyone in bed

so for you i assume you should give it only to admins

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  9. I'm going fucking crazy right now. So I installed the Goodnight plugin and also PermissionsBukkit to be able to set permissions. When I have this in the PermissionsBukkit config.yml:
    Code:
    users:
        proof2006:
            permissions:
                permissions.*: true
                goodnight.skip: false
            groups:
            - admin
    or
    Code:
    users:
        proof2006:
            permissions:
            groups:
            - users
    Then I get the message from Goodnight that says: "You cannot skip the night by yourself so everyone has to go to bed.". But it STILL skips the night without everyone having to be in bed! Once again: I get the message in-game when I go to bed so I'm thinking "great, it's going to work now", but then after a few seconds it skips to morning, and the other player on my server is not in his bed. Only difference between those two codes above is the group assignment as you can see.

Then when I change group to "default" like this I can't even get in to bed! Nothing happens when I press the right mouse button.
    Code:
    users:
        proof2006:
            permissions:
            groups:
    I can't put "- goodnight.skip" in Goodnight's config.yml because that delivers an error message. Could you please explain what I have to type where and in what file (permissions.yml, config.yml and so on)?

10. Offline

ZeroZX4

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  11. Removing PermissionsBukkit and using PermissionsEx didn't do the trick either. Here's my permissions.yml:
    Code:
    users:
        proof2006:
            group: default
            permissions:
            - goodnight.skip: false
            worlds:
                world:
                    permissions:
                    group:

nether:
                    permissions:
                    group:

users:
        name_of_other_player:
            group: default
            permissions:
            worlds:
                world:
                    permissions:
                    group:

nether:
                    permissions:
                    group:

groups:
        default:
            default: true
            permissions:
        admins:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            options:
                test.test: '100500'
            worlds:
                nether:
                    permissions:

Nah I don't use Skype but I'll get it and send you my contact info in a private message.

12. Offline

Dekke360

Wait, so you're not going to include the solution for the rest of us with this problem? =/

h31ix likes this.
  13. Offline

Gravity

If you guys solve the issue, please post the resolution here so that others can benefit.

14. Oh, sorry about that. What I/we found out was that the easiest way to make everyone have to be in bed was to remove the op status (ops.txt) for us OPs on the server. I never got it to work while being OP because then I'd just have to go to bed by myself and it skipped the night. So no solution while being OP, only for regular players on the server (i.e. not OPs).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.