Moving player

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by carcer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

carcer

How would you go about moving a player? Not teleport, but actually move them from one place to another? Would you have to raise and event? Is there a test for this functionality?

2. Offline

darknesschaos

afik the only way to move a player is teleport. unless you can spawn moving water at their feet in the direction you want to go, or use some sort of vehicle.

edit - or teleport them in small increments (as that is what walking in video-games usually is)

3. Offline

Lycake

What do you mean by "moving" a player? Do you want the player to walk to a specific position? This is not possible. At least you can try darknesschaos suggestion to teleport in small increments but I've experienced that excessive teleports need a lot of server performance. But If you teleport fast enough maybe it looks even good if you teleport in 0.5 blocks steps. (For slower movements you need steps <0.2 to make it smooth)

Cake

4. Offline

carcer

I'm currently teleporting the use a block at a time, this part is still pretty rough and will be getting written tonight, so any suggestions are great. I just wanted to double check I was wasn't missing something before I went to deep into it. The mod lets you "tether" or "stalk" a user, and will make you follow them.

Here are the sources if anyone wants a peek: https://github.com/carcer/Minestalker My first Java project, so it's pretty rough!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.