Moving objects plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by aronuserparty98, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Offline

aronuserparty98

Plugin category: MECH/FUN

Suggested name: Movement

What I want: I'd like a plugin that, just as MoveCraft, allows you to make ships and then move them around. The difference is that with MoveCraft, the moving part is very "hacky" and isn't enjoyable because of that, I would like a plugin that used the mechanic of minecarts to make the object/ship move. I have no idea if this is even possible, since I have no idea about how plugin developing works and what is possible and what is not.
    So, simply, a plugin that can move builds and objects around using the minecart mecanich, and preferably also without any rail. Now that I'm thinking of it, the pig mechanic would also work great, since it is more controllable.

Thanks! Tell me if it isn't possible.

Ideas for commands:
    /move
    - Lets you right-click where you want the invisible minecart/pig
    /drive OR /control OR /ride
    - Lets you control the object
    /move setradius
    - Sets the minecart's/pig's controllin radius, how many blocks it will control. Maybe a wand of some kind, I don't know.

Ideas for permissions:
    - movement.move
    - movement.control
    - movement.setradius
    - movement.*

When I'd like it by: In a maximum of two weeks, but if it's a huge plugin but it's still possible I coould wait longer since it'd be really awesome!

Thank you!

/Aron

2. Offline

newboyhun

Radius should be meant as a cirlcular or rectangular? =)

3. Offline

aronuserparty98

The radius is kind of connected to a circle, but with this (eventually) wand, a rectangle would also be possible. To simplify this, perhaps a good start is to just have a rectangle/square.

/Aron

4. The only two ways to achieve that is to either move around blocks ( looks a little laggy, but is fine ) or falling blocks ( you can't stand on them they'll probably look a lot more glitchy, but can be inbetween blocks ) - the 'mechanics' you mention are entities that are unchangeable with a vanilla client, so you won't find a perfect solution.

5. Offline

aronuserparty98

Ok, thanks! That's what I wanted to know before i started using MoveCraft or similar.