MOTD Timer

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Ethanl189, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ethanl189

How would i add a timer to my motd that would count down? Is there a specific plugin that i need?
    Any help would be nice
    Thanks

2. Offline

pookeythekid

@Ethanl189 If you don't mind not having a timer, but having randomized MOTDs instead (which in my opinion works better), you should check this out. I just now found it, in fact. Looks pretty cool.

3. Offline

Ethanl189

No sorry i need a timer plugin for motd.

4. @Ethanl189 What do you mean count down? As in count down to a specific time? Can you provide example of how this would appear/be configured?

5. Offline

Ethanl189

Like if i have it like "server reseting in %timer%" or something so i can set the timer

6. Offline

Deleted user

I think you're looking for the animated motd plugin.

Jaaakee224 likes this.
  7. Offline

pookeythekid

@Ethanl189 So you mean an MOTD editor that automatically updates the MOTD with a message and the number the timer is on? For instance: "Minigames release countdown! 10:39", then the next second it'll be "Minigames release countdown! 10:38".

8. Offline

Ethanl189

Exactly!

9. Offline

Skionz

@Ethanl189 Doubtful there is a plugin that does this.

10. Offline

pookeythekid

@Ethanl189 I'm with Skionz. You may want to put this in the Plugin Requests section, hope you'll get a response.

11. same thing needed for my server :/ cant seem to find it

ive seen it on many servers aswell so it can be done

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  12. Offline

pookeythekid

Well all it takes is some Java magic by the plugin developer(s) of a server, and boom, they've got their own plugin for it. I would imagine this is very easy to do for most plugin developers, especially since there are probably API resources out there for developers to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.