Solved MOTD help!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by MichaelVelsion, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MichaelVelsion

Is there a way to set a MOTD per group?

Example would be

Guest - Welcome to the server blah blah here is our website blah here are the rules etc..

Members - Hey, welcome back - etc.

You see where I'm going right? Because sometimes you need to give information to some players but its not viable to ALL players.

I've searched - is there any motd plugin that can do something like this?

2. Offline

rektok

That may be possible but move this to plugin requests, they may be able to make this. If so, mail me with link.

3. Offline

MichaelVelsion

I didnt' want to request it until after I was sure there wasn't a plugin that could do this.

4. Offline

ItsHarry

I don't know of any plugin that does this, should probably request one.

5. Offline

ThunderWaffeMC

iMotd looks like what you need. Use the special MOTD for the member or the guest group in PermissionsEx and keep the normal MOTD for the other group. I have never used it before but I read a little bit about it and it looks like it would work.

Found a better plugin: Use FirstJoinPlus. It has quite a lot of features but you would have to ignore everything but that one.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  6. Offline

MichaelVelsion

7. Offline

Necrodoom

if you are using essentials, then you dont need a new plugin, just create a new motd_groupname.txt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.