More email notification options

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by matejdro, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

matejdro

BukkitDev in current form is seriously lacking some better e-mail notification options. Currently you have 3 options, but if you select any of them, it will send email for everything that is happening in that plugin, not just your stuff. For example if you create a ticket, you only have an option to receive e-mails for all tickets from everyone or none of it. So:

1. Add mail notification for page comments. When I edit pages I usually see a bunch of comments on the bottom of the page that I never knew about because I don't get emails.

2. Add per-ticket email notification. So when someone makes a ticket, he gets an e-mail when I reply to it. Like here on the forums. A lot of tickets are made and then never touched again after I reply. Partial reason might be that creators don't know I even replied to the ticket.

3. Same as above, but for comments on main page. If I or someone else replies to their comments, they should get e-mail notification.

2. Offline

Lolmewn

Yep, it definitely is annoying. But ah well...

3. Offline

TnT

Better notifications is on the list of things we want to see.

4. Also it would be nice with an option to receive emails on when a plugin gets updated. Constantly having to check bukkitdev and go trough all your plugins and see if they are updated is getting really annoying and boring.

5. Offline

np98765

This is already possible. There's a Suscriptions tab on each plugin -- When you subscribe to file updates, you'll be emailed when the author uploads a new release.

6. Offline

Jacek

You can subscribe to a plugins file uploads, then you'll get emails when it uploads a file. The only problem is that you get the email before the file is approved, so you can't actually download it yet :p

EDIT: He keeps doing that !

np98765 likes this.
  7. Offline

JayzaSapphire

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77788210/Pics/pointProven.png

8. Offline

spywhere

I wish it was an option for PM me when file is approved and so on instead of email...

9. Offline

Zarius

On the topic of email notifications - just wondering if I'm missing a setting somewhere as I don't get any notifications from:
    * BukkitDev project forums
    * PM's
    * BukkitDev polls

Also, I'd really like to turn off notifications from my own BukkitDev comment posts as I often think someone may have responded to my comment but checking my email shows it was just my post.

10. I'd love to see a similar alert system on BukkitDev as we have on these forums right now. If it showed you an alert when a comment was posted etc just to make you aware. Because currently I have emails turned of, as like you said it sends them for everything which I don't like so I just have to manually check everything each day.

11. Offline

Zarius

Oddly enough just after I posted this I've noticed I'm not getting notifications for comments to my OtherDrops project anymore - double-checked my subscription settings for the project and checked my spam folder too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.