Solved Money Printers

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by sniddunc, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sniddunc

Hello all.

I am wondering whether or not anyone could explain to me how I could accomplish this:

- Player places a printer block
    - Once the money printer is created, every second or so it should generate $1 or some other amount
    - When the play right clicks the block it collects the money

The part that I really don't know how to do is the storing of data for a block. Players will have to be able to steal them, so it would also have to keep track of how many printers a player has. Would I use a list, a hashmap or something else for both these things? I was thinking about using data files but this seemed like a bad idea for something that would be updated so frequently.

I'm not looking for someone to do this for me, I'd just like some advice on what I would have to do to accomplish this.

Thank you for any advice given. :)

2. Offline

Nibbit

Hashmaps...
    And probably make a list of all the players in the server with their money printer locations stored with it in the config like :
    player:
    printers:
    printer1:
    x:
    y:
    z:

:p

3. Offline

Lightspeed

What do you mean by printer block? A modded block or a normal block like a diamond block or custom player head?

4. Offline

sniddunc

Thank you, I should be able to work with that suggestion.

Yes, I mean like a diamond block (a custom player head is a good idea that didn't occur to me though).

So the player places a diamond block (or another printer block), it's location gets saved and it starts printing money (which I'm not 100% sure how to do yet).

Could someone recommend a method to track each individual printer balance?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  5. Offline

Lightspeed

You can start a bukkit runnabe repeating until the block no longer exists giving a player somthing.

6. Offline

Nibbit

Hashmaps :D
    Just make a hashmap with the block and with the money next to it like :
    Code:
        HashMap<Location, Integer> moneymap = new HashMap<Location, Integer>();
    Btw. The location is the location of the block so you can get the block at that location :p I don't think blocks can be saved in a hashmap. This seems to work for me!

And as @Lightspeed said you can just make a bukkit runnable that adds 1 every second

7. Offline

sniddunc

Thank you both for the help, It appears to be working properly. :)

Nibbit likes this.
  8. Offline

Lightspeed

9. Offline

Nibbit

Np :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.