Mobs need absolute darkness to spawn mod

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by nuke21, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Offline

nuke21

So I have this problem especially,within 10-0 levels in the void, monsters spawn even where there is plenty of light everywhere, I can't even see a dark spot. This happens in houses sometimes too, that are well lit. I am wondering if there is a mod out there that makes it impossible for mobs to spawn unless there is absolutely no light what so ever, excluding moon light at night so they still spawn outside.

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Mob spawns are determined by light level, they don't know the difference between inside and outside

3. Offline

nuke21

So is there a plugin to modify the light level required for them to spawn?

4. I thought there was?
    If you look at F3, there is a difference between natural light and other light.
    Isn't that implemented in Bukkit? Correct me if I'm wrong.

5. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

nuke21 I did some quick searching and couldn't find anything ( To anybody that points me to a plugin : QUICK searching )
    Cupcakes69 Didn't even knew that XD

6. Offline

nuke21

Thank you for looking for me timtower, that is why I came here to ask because I didn't find anything either. I wonder if there is a mod at least were I can deny levels from them spawning, like anything below 23 etc. So I can at least prevent this problem of mobs spawning in the void.

7. Offline

Zarius

OtherDrops can do some of this, eg.

PHP:
    otherdrops:

CREATURE_HOSTILE:
        - 
    actionMOBSPAWN
          height
    ">22"  # for levels 23 and above

dropNOTHING  # disable the spawn
    Could also use lightlevel: ">0" as a condition but note that moonlight is lightlevel 3. There is a separate lightlevel "fromsky" option though, I haven't specifically supported that yet ( for anyone wanting to do a custom plugin for this, see http://jd.bukkit.org/rb/apidocs/org/bukkit/block/Block.html#getLightFromSky() ).