Mobs, Mobs and More Mobs

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Mountainbush, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Mountainbush

So im interested in the mob topic and was looking through a few websites. MC Wiki says that mods or plugins, can add extra mobs. This sounded like a big challenge, and an even bigger problem that I don't know how to code. I thought it would be much easier for you Developers to make such a plugin if you had a list of good mobs to add... So I took it under myself to create a list with other users of mobs that we should have. http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/what-future-mobs-should-mc-have.5460/ There is the link to the thread with a pretty good list of mobs that should be added and would help many servers. If you even try, Im satisfied, even if you only add 2 or 3 mobs would be excellent! It seemes very difficult, to me, but is probably more difficult then I can imagine. If its not possible, then just tell me, I won't be offended (but I will be disappointed :( ). See what ya' can do, Thanks.

2. Offline

Edward Hand

Adding new mobs would require not only a sever plugin but a client mod as well. That would mean that only people with that client mod installed would be able to play on your server without crashing. (Its a bit of a lost cause I'm afraid)

3. Offline

Mountainbush

Wish there was a way around it... :(

4. Offline

Jed1314

Are you saying though that, if a client mod was installed, that you could get something like mo' creatures on smp ? .. A bit like sdk's gun mod ?

5. Offline

Edward Hand

Yes.

6. Offline

Jed1314

Would that work with bukkit though ? I'd like more creatures .. But not at the expense of the wealth of awesome plugins being developed

7. Offline

Edward Hand

Implementing it with bukkit would be a lot harder than simply modifying the server jar, its true. Harder, but not impossible. It's something you'd have to take up with the makers of the client mods.

8. Offline

Jed1314

I'll look into it mate

9. Offline

Ariakan