MobArena addon

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by jjacobson, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Offline

jjacobson

Plugin category: ?

Suggested name: AntiArenaAfk

What I want: Basically a plugin that limits peoples ability to afk in the mob arena lobby. A plugin that times from when someone joins the arena lobby > to when they hit the block to ready up for the game. If it took longer then a configurable amount of time the server would kick them, with a configurable kick message.

I have talked to a few dev's and they agreed that it would be possible to hook in with mob arena to achieve this, however they are very busy with other things so I'm coming to you!

There is a lot of information on the mob arena bukkitdev page about hooking in http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/mobarena/ I have talked to the creators of mob arena and they are quite busy with life and don't have time to add this right now.

I believe this would be a poplar plugin, I have seen many mob arena rounds on many servers go to ruins because one person decided to be a d*ck and afk in the lobby so that no one else could play.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: autokick.immune (doesn't effect these players)

When I'd like it by: Your making the plugin not me!

2. Offline

LaxWasHere

This can be achieve with essentials. Though it will affect the whole server.

3. Offline

np98765

You can't suggest a plugin that doesn't do what the OP is asking... :rolleyes:

jjacobson likes this.
  4. Offline

LaxWasHere

I'm simply suggesting that it's possible without adding another plugin. It works on my server, just sharing the love. :) don't worry ain't gonna do it again.

5. Offline

jjacobson

The essentials afk just kicks you after a time of not moving/using commands. I want this to kick if someone takes to long to hit the ready up block, so movement would have nothing to do with it. Thanks for the input but not what I'm looking for.

6. Offline

Kiakaha

Variable triggers can do this

You could make it that if a player Enters the lobby area and doesnt do anything for X time
    he gets ported out (and you can run whatever command you need to make him leave the queue or whatever the plugin does)

7. Offline

jjacobson

And how would I do this? I have no idea how to use variable triggers -_-

8. Offline

midnightfang22

edit: tried the script, last person will always get kicked since it doesn't register them clicking the iron block..nevermind

9. Offline

jjacobson

Well thanks for the help anyway, hopefully I can find someone to make this plugin!

10. Offline

Kiakaha

I should have been more specific
    Variable triggers has it's own very very simple scripting language which any moron (such as myself!) can use.
    If you goto their bukkit dev page. it has a very concise guide and info page to learn from
    There are already many user shared scripts on the forum you can learn and get hints from too

If you're willing to spend an afternoon creating this then i will help you troubleshoot. It's not hard but it is time consuming. So i can help you but not do it for you :)

Let me know if you do decide to start. I highly recommend it

jjacobson likes this.
  11. Offline

jjacobson

Alright ill be up all night trying this.

12. Offline

jjacobson

I tried messing with variable triggers, but I have no idea how to do this.

If someone is interested in making this plugin (or variable trigger script if that will work) that would be great.

13. Offline

Kiakaha

Here's how to do it.

First use "/vt setarea" hold a bone and pick out the corners of your area (like making a worldguard region)
    Next use "/vt definearea NAME" and choose your own area name

Now you want it so that if they enter that area but DONT join the game they get removed from it
    so do the following.

"/vta NAME enter @SETBOOL $<playername>.inlobby true" (this variable will let us know if the players in lobby)
    "/vta NAME enter @PAUSE 120" (this is how long they can stay in the lobby b4 being booted)
    "/vta NAME enter @IF b $<playername>.inlobby true" (this is to check if they're still in the lobby)
    "/vta NAME enter @TP" (this will TP them.. after typing the command you have to click the destination of TP)
    "/vta NAME enter @DELVAR b $<playername>.inlobby' (this removes the player in lobby variable)
    "/vta NAME enter @ENDIF (it wont work properly without this end if)

Almost done just one more thing
    "/vta NAME exit @DELVAR b $<playername>.inlobby' (this removes the player in lobby variable)

That's pretty much it mate. Copy these steps with a new NAME and it should work first pop
    Let me know if it still eludes you

14. Offline

jjacobson

Alright thanks.

15. Offline

Kiakaha

now that you see it does it all kind of make sense?

Anyone who enters the area gets an invisible Boolean(true or false) flag on them ($<playername>.inlobby true)

And then anytime somone leaves the lobby they get the flag removed so the script knows to ignore them

now that i looke it again i notice that.
    you don't need this line here.
    "/vta NAME enter @DELVAR b $<playername>.inlobby' (this removes the player in lobby variable)

Because even if they join the game they still exit the area and trigger
    "/vta NAME exit @DELVAR b $<playername>.inlobby' (the difference is "Enter/Exit")

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016