Mob Upside Down?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MordorKing78, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MordorKing78

I was wondering.. is it still possible to make a mob be upside down in 1.8 and above?
    if so, how?

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@MordorKing78
    If I remember correctly, the only way to achieve this is if the mob is named "dinnerbone". If you don't want the mob's name to be shown, you can hide the entity's name and spawn in another custom entity with the name you want .

3. Offline

MordorKing78

4. @MordorKing78
    Yes. Just name the mob "Dinnerbone" or "Grumm" and your mob will be upside down.

5. Offline

MordorKing78

@AlvinB I did do that yesterday, nothing happened.

@AlvinB Oh right.. it doesn't work with Squids, is there any possible way to make a squid go upside down?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2016
  6. @MordorKing78
    It does actually work, the only thing is that a squid is exactly the same upside down as right side up.

7. Offline

MordorKing78

@AlvinB Is there any other way I can make it look like the squid's head is facing downwards?

8. @MordorKing78
    Just set it's direction to face downwards. IE:
    Code:java
    1. squid.teleport(squid.getLocation().setDirection(new Vector()));

9. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@MordorKing78
    I think squid's orientation is based on it's yaw and pitch. Try changing those values/

10. Offline

MordorKing78

@AlvinB Well, it doesn't seem to work, the squid spawns and goes into his swimming mode, I'm not sure if the code is actually doing anything. I need the tenticals to face upwards. Also, I want the Squid to be facing upwards constantly, would I need to keep teleporting the squid?

@Zombie_Striker I did try that but it didn't seem to work.

11. @MordorKing78
    Well, you could just remove the squids AI, and then it won't move after you set the direction.

12. Offline

MordorKing78

@AlvinB This is NMS, right?
    I'm not really familiar with creating custom entities, how would I remove an AI for a specific Squid. Squids in the wilderness should still be able to move.

13. @MordorKing78
    Not really NMS, no.
    Code:java
    1. squid.setAI(false)
    That simple, infact.

14. Offline

MordorKing78

@AlvinB Facepalm, let me try =o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.