Inactive [MISC] Streetlamps v0.8 - redstone controlled street-lamps [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Ginsek1988, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Streetlamps - redstone controlled StreetLamps:
    PluginVersion v0.8
    ServerVersion /version: git-Bukkit-0.0.0-1067-g6301507-b1185jnks (MC: 1.8.1)
    Download StreetLamps v0.8.2

Players can build street-lamps for their towns and remote controle them by redstone and other events (daytime, weather, manually).

For a more detailed description visit me on dev.bukkit!

If the plugin is not working for you, please respond to this thread: [README] It's not working!!!

Media

Connecting lamps to a button or lever

woodzy, kahlilnc and SPACEDUDE360000 like this.
  2. nothing to do with what I asked before :p

*edit* that plugin is nothing for me right no
    I am currently working on a plugin that scans chatmessages and executes commands when it finds a specific pattern in it.
    You could make it call commands from other plugins as well.
    PlayerX says: "I want to fly"
    Could result in the command "/fly PlayerX" which results in an other plugin to make the player fly.
    The asignment "I want to fly" -> "/fly playername" is what the admin configures.
    Or like "open sesam" -> "/opengate 1" if there is a plugin which opens huge gate or something like that.

3. Offline

Arkamond

The only thing I dislike about this mod is that it's really limited. The latest official release is working on the latest bukkit for me.

Theres a lot of room for improvement. Such as allowing the poles to be powered by powered redstone and not just torches.
    [​IMG]

You can see that it allows a lot of room for more poles and is much more simpler. (Just to show how it would look)

And what would be better than just patterns is treating the poles like redstone circutry. So you can build any shape of a pole and put the glowstone anywhere on the pole and it would still work. Which allows for more freedom of building.

And if that is possible within your coding knowledge and willpower to do so, maybe you could also work on making a Redstone pipe that makes fences work egsactly like redstone when activated by some sort of object like in this mod. That would deffinetely re-invent a lot of redstone circuits.

Thanks, love your mod. Might use it in a public minecraft server if these suggestions are implemented.

4. Let's see. Using redstonedust instead of torches is possible but it's harder to detect changes. If a torch turns off/on it changes the power of the block above. Redstone wire changes the power of the block below. When you build a lamp I save the powerblock of the lamp in an array and when I get a physics update event from the server I check if the block this event belongs to is in the array. Each redstone change results in a physicsupdate and each of these events result in a search through the array. So if the array is larger it takes longer to check each block.
    20 lamps with one powerblock each: (redstonetorch only)
    20 events -> 20*20checks
    20 lamps witch two powerblocks each: (redstonetorch and redstonedust)
    20 events -> 20*40checks
    I can implement this but I dislike the idea. You said I should treat the lamps as redstone circuits. If I let the power block be powered by redstone below, it is totally against common redstone rules.
    I might think of something else to detect the powerchange when using redstonedust. There is a redstonechange event or something like that. I din't use this until now because it does not refere to the block that is powered by redstone but the redstone itself. Using this I could check if the block below the redstone of each event belongs to a lamp. That would separate the dust and the physics events from each other and split the arrays. I don't know if this would optimize the search.
    !!! Let me know if you have any suggestions of how this could be improved !!!

Getting rid of patterns would be nice. Let me think... If you hit a Glowstone it checks if there are fences connected to it. If that's the case it checks if any of those fences are powered and those are stored as base blocks. hm... I desined the plugin to be quite realistic. If you destroy a fence of a lamp the lamp gets destroyed. It would be difficult to store lamps if I don't use patterns. (Atleast I would have to store way more blocks in the lamps.yml file)
    In the inofficial build I have implemented a feature called PureBulb. This disables the patterns and you can turn every glowstone into a bulb. Since this disables patterns you can't use this with powermode.
    An other feature I was thinking of is connectiong several lamps together with a button. When you use the button the lamps turn on/off. I could use the same way to get rid of patterns. First you build a bulb, than you add a powerblock to it which could be close to it or somewhere else.
    1. build a bulb
    2. call /StreetLamps connect
    3. hit fences/solid blocks/other bulbs
    4. call /StreetLamps connect again
    After that all the bulbs and fences connect to one lamp and all the added solid blocks would be powerblocks. Building lamps would be way more coplicated but you could build more complex lamps. (And again, there are more blocks to store.)
    Let me know what you think about this.

*edit*A redstonepipe sounds interesting and sould not be that complicated.
    I might do this in separate plugin.
    UP
    Put a solid block underneath some fences and a torch on top of it. If you power the block below the lamp on top is turned off as if the blow directly below it is powered.
    DOWN
    Put a solid block ontop of some fences and redstonedust unterneath. If you power the top block the dust would be powered as if connected to the dust above.
    That's a great idea :p

*edit*
    http://bugs.bukkit.org/issues/622 :(

5. Offline

burnteggoz

i downloaded the plugin and it worked for 2 seconds then it stoped working as i can see its a bug but is there any way to fix it

6. I released it with the bug. Do you think I would have if I knew it was there? At least tell me what the log says.
    1. which version? (in)official?
    2. log please

7. Offline

burnteggoz

newest version and you said under bugs some people are say it wont work at all and when i try it nothing at all happens

8. I still can't figure out why it won't work for some people.

Anyway, the next inofficial build is out.

Typing "/StreetLamps help" will tell you the commands you can use:
    ### Admin ### (for OPs)
    save - saves all loaded lamps
    set on|off <id> - sets the on/off material
    <mode> - toggles the specified mode
    -> modes are: power, weather, manually, time, repeater
    cluster [set <value>] - toggles cluster/sets the size

### AdvancedUser ### (for OPs)
    connect - starts/finishes connecting lamps to a controller
    info - used lamps will display information
    on, off, update - force all lamps to turn on/off or update

### User ### (everyone that's not OP)
    list [worldname] - lists all lamps in the specific world
    materials - lists all materials needed to build lamps
    modes - lists all modes

If you have permissions, use this:
    Admin -> "streetlamps.admin"
    AdvancedUser -> "streetlamps.advancedUser"
    User -> "streetlamps.user"
    I haven't tested it with a permissions plugin though. So you might not be able to use the commands of AdvancedUser or Admin :p

Using "/StreetLamps connect" you can mark several bulbs to one button or lever by rightclicking them. Calling the command again will bind those together. The lamps will not react to power, daytime or rain any longer and instead will turn on/off when the controller (button/lever) is used via right click..
    If you want to know something about a lamp use "/StreetLamps info" and right click a lamp/controller. (It won't give you a lot info though)
    Remember, toggling lamps is done with a right click now.

9. No one is complaining about the new inofficial release so far.
    So no one uses it or it works.

I'll add more detailed permissions and maybe an other building mode for lamps where you can add bulbs , fences and powerblocks together as you wish. When this is done I'll call it v1.0 and will not bring out mayor changes for some time.
    Hopefully I can figure out why it is not working for some people.

10. Offline

DixXxaM

hi
    I have a big problem
    How to build a lamp so that it is not me that glowstone turn on anything on the glass or what to change during the day. It just stays still and how glowstone tim tim Redstone click the right button of the glowstone so that Redstone will give later. Even I do not write anything about a lamp just as the type /streetlamps help
    • ### Admin ### (for OPs)
    • save - saves all loaded lamps
    • set on|off <id> - sets the on/off material
    • <mode> - toggles the specified mode
    • -> modes are: power, weather, manually, time, repeater
    • cluster [set <value>] - toggles cluster/sets the size
    • ### AdvancedUser ### (for OPs)
    • connect - starts/finishes connecting lamps to a controller
    • info - used lamps will display information
    • on, off, update - force all lamps to turn on/off or update
    • ### User ### (everyone that's not OP)
    • list [worldname] - lists all lamps in the specific world
    • materials - lists all materials needed to build lamps
    • modes - lists all modes
    • Permissions (for commands)
    • Admin -> streetlamps.admin
    • AdvancedUser -> streetlamps.advancedUser
    • User -> streetlamps.user

11. What? *edit* is your question

12. Offline

DixXxaM

I just can not set it to block glowstone rosvitil at night and turned in the glass in the morning. It still just dawning.

13. Offline

rebalance

Yes, but i think it's something wrong whit my redstone wireing. I'll check it and i'll be back.

14. Ok.
    Since redstone wireing is not working perfectly, you might want to power lamps with redstone torches.
    If you want to controle lamps with a lever you might want to connect several lamps to a lever or button using "/slamps connect". (see TopPost under Usage)

15. Offline

Rakorium

I have a big problem.

I have connected 5 lights with one switch. By command "/ Streetlamps save" save the bulbs and restarted the server. -> Appears the following error message:

Code:
     [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling StreetLamps v0.8 (Is it up to da
    te?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at de.bukkit.Ginsek.StreetLamps.Lamps.LampController.<init>(LampControll
    er.java:25)
            at de.bukkit.Ginsek.StreetLamps.Collections.LampWorld.<init>(LampWorld.j
    ava:41)
            at de.bukkit.Ginsek.StreetLamps.Collections.WorldCollection.registerWorl
    d(WorldCollection.java:90)
            at de.bukkit.Ginsek.StreetLamps.Listener.SLWorldListener.loadLamps(SLWor
    ldListener.java:20)
            at de.bukkit.Ginsek.StreetLamps.StreetLamps.onEnable(StreetLamps.java:13
    9)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:885)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:278)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:178)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:161
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:286)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:273)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:149)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:337)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    In the lamps.yml ...

Code:
        pole: ''
        tube: ''
        ceiling: ''
        pendant: ''
        LampController: -44,70,3,0,1;
        bottom: 1,-42,71,3,1;
        sconce: ''
        globe: ''

16. Thanks for the log and lamp file :)
    Oh damn... I think everyone will get this error
    Fix in 15minunte

harding worldnames is a bad idea^^
    forgot to change this

Furthermore you only have connected one Lamp to the Controller
    "-44,70,3,0,1;" -> X,Y,Z,ON/OFF,lampID,lampID,...;

*edit*
    And you don't have to call /slamps save every time you restart your server. They are saved when the plugin is disabled.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  17. Offline

Rakorium

Übersetzer
    That was with five lamps before a test for the file not to make too opaque then I have used only one lamp.

Would it be possible to use more than one switch if you run down a hallway

Tested and works
    Thanks and really cool plugin

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  18. Übersetzer... ach so ist das also :p
    Yes that is possible. I'll add this in the next version.

What do you think of this logic?
    levers: all turned on -> turn lamps on
    buttons: toggle lamps if (and only if) all levers are turned on (if there are any levers connected to that lamp group)

*edit*
    Thank you. Glad you told me of the issue :)

19. Offline

Rakorium

Naja englisch ist nicht meine Sprache :D

Ich würde wenn dann eine Wechselschaltung machen

I would then make a change when switching

20. Offline

misteryman321

it works for me its awsome its cool so now those dang creeprs wont spawn anymore infront of my cabin door on my server

21. this doesnt work at all for me. the cmd's work, but nothing else.

any help?

its configed as default.

22. Offline

Rakorium

e.g. place a redstone torch to an cobblestone, on the cobblestone a glowstone an hit the glowstone with another glowstone torch with the left mouse button it turns to glass. when it gets dark the glass will change to glowstone
    place somewhere a stone button and give the following command "/streetlamps connect" hit the stone button -> right mouse button and the lamp. then command "/streetlamps connect again and you have a switch to the lamp. now you can turn the lamp on and off

:D

need a Video :)

23. Offline

confuzzler

this plugin looks amazing, if only it would work... ;[

24. there is one in the top posr last time i read it :p

I do not know why it is not working for some people. I try to figure that out.

25. Offline

rebalance

ok, thanks a lot! and btw like the plugin a lot :)

26. Offline

collinhall

Can you make a video tutorial? Its a bit complicated. Thanks!

27. Offline

Rakorium

28. i will upload a more detailed tutorial,soon
    but for now you might just want to watch the ones in the top post

29. Offline

King Pyro

@Ginsek1988 any chance of a MySQL Supprt because i now have a 26kb file :D and when the time changes or weather BIG lag small server but lag lol

30. Offline

dockter

I see the lag as well.

31. Offline

confuzzler

*sigh* after watching rakorium's tutorial, it works.