[MISC] SimpleGive v1.2 - Giving Items + Permissions + Custom Values [818]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by captainawesome7, May 6, 2011.

1. Offline

captainawesome7

SimpleGive v1.2 - Give people Stuff!
    SimpleGive is a basic /i and /give. It uses permissions and a txt file where you can define your own item names.
    Commands <necessary> [optional]:
    /give <playername> <itemname/id> [amount] [durability] - Gives an item stack to a player
    /i <itemname/id> [amount] [durability] - Gives an item stack to yourself
    Permissions Nodes:
    simplegive.give - Allows you to use /give
    simplegive.item - Allows you to use /i
    simplegive.item.id (replace id with the item id that they are allowed to give, * gives them all)
    simplegive.give.id (replace id with the item id that they are allowed to give, * gives them all)

Configuration:
    • It makes a file at /plugins/SimpleGive/Items.txt
    • The file contains itemnames=idnumbers
    • To define your own item names, just format it like this:
    • stone=1
    • When you type /i stone, it will give you 64 of 1, which is stone :)
    Features:
    • Give items to people!
    • Give items to yourself!
    • Permissions!
    • Item Specific Permission Nodes!
    • Custom item names!
    • Give colored wool!
    • Console Support!
    Wool:
    wool (open)

Use this image. Type /i wool 64 c
    Replacing c with the light gray number to the bottom left of the 35 above the colored wool.
    For dye, type /i dye 64 c
    Replacing c with the light gray number to the bottom left of the 351 above dye
    [​IMG]

Downloads:
    Planned Changes:
    • Add config value for the in game confirmation message
    Changelog:
    Version 1.2
    • Added item specific permission nodes,
    • simplegive.give.id
    • simplegive.item.id
    Version 1.1
    • Fixed console usage.
    Version 1.0
    • Release!
    [​IMG] To me to support my plugins :)
    Video of this plugn in action here :)

@lordkalem
    YOU ARE A RETARD!!!
    IT IS OPTIONAL GEESUS CHRIST

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  2. Offline

Del43

@captainawesome7 There is a unhandled null pointer exception for when not enough arguments are specified.
    E.g.:
    Code:
    /give
    /give SomeGuy
    Thanks in advance for handling all this. :)

3. Offline

captainawesome7

@Del43 I know, but I am too lazy to fix it. (In SimpleAdmin I already fixed these problems) SO, I might fix it later today when I get home.

4. Offline

Tr0llgubbe

I have not understood permission stuff yet, uhm. What am i supposed to use those 'nodes' to ?
    Please, do not me mean:mad: to me when you reply :)

5. Offline

captainawesome7

6. Offline

Del43

Read here: Permissions.

Something like this:
    Code:
    users:
        Tr0llgubbe:
            group: Admins
            permissions:
                - 'simplegive.give'
                - 'simplegive.item'
    (Note: This is pretty pointless, since "Admins"-Group has *-Node, which means it gets all permissions anyway. But you get the idea. Everything is explained in the Permissions config file.)

7. Offline

captainawesome7

8. Offline

skotfossfan

How can i get premison to my slef

9. Offline

captainawesome7

@skotfossfan Well, you probably already have the '*' if you are a server owner, if not, for whatever reason, its these:
    Code:
                - 'simplegive.give'
                - 'simplegive.item'
    And if you don't have permissions, search it on the Plugin List (get plugins button in top right of the website)

10. Offline

Hempa

Sometimes when u spawn items they dont appear. u have to like click on ur slots in the inv and then they show up?

11. Offline

captainawesome7

@Hempa are you talking about when you use toomanyitems? I think it is because of the inventory refresh rate.

12. Offline

Rocky

Yes i gave the nodes for the lowest rank, just for testing, and then added it to my character specifically.
    I never say something just doesn't work, but i did because i went through all the troubleshooting steps. i even tried it on a completely different server setup.

Any ideas?

13. Offline

captainawesome7

@Rocky it might have been adding the console support that messed with it, I will see what I can do later today.

14. Offline

Michael Boulos

Does this mean I have to type in everything for all of the items, or are there items listed and I can simply edit them?

15. Offline

captainawesome7

All the things are listed, you can edit them/add new ones if you want to

16. Offline

Andq1

Nice plugin But why does it not works with TooManyItems?

17. Offline

RobotGymnast

Could support be added for Bukkit's default item names? I naturally assumed it was using those, and my assumption led me to believe there was all kinds of weird behavior going on - turns out you were just using different item names.

18. Offline

captainawesome7

@RobotGymnast Nope, you can add them yourself. I already added ones that WorldEdit/Essentials uses, which are the ones I use, so you can add your own if you want. Obviously, add them like this:
    LOG=17

19. Offline

Verttex

Whitelisting items?

20. Offline

captainawesome7

@Verttex Hmm, I could add an option like:
    46=false
    If that would be good

21. Dear Captainawesome7,
    I run a building server for some of my friends and recently I toke everyone off the OP list and added Permissions. I was wondering if this plugin would work with TooManyItems (A.K.A. have the same command as the op give command) if not could you do a little coding for me?
    Please Respond A.S.A.P,
    _GWG_SheepKiller

22. Offline

captainawesome7

@_GWG_SheepKiller
    Yes it will work. Just put this in your toomanyitems config:
    /give _GWG_SheepKiller {0} {1}
    (or ur minecraftname ^)
    I think that works.

23. Offline

RobotGymnast

I suppose I'll have to write a script to update the item list automatically from the Github page, then. No matter, though. Thanks for the info!

24. well its for my friend and he's really stubborn and wont listen could you do a little codding for me and make a slightly different version that would work with the commands toomanyitems gives? If it's not to much to ask.

25. Offline

captainawesome7

@_GWG_SheepKiller I would be nicer than this, but TooManyItems has a config file that looks like this:
    Code:
    enable:true
    enablemp:true
    give-command:/give captainawesome7 {1} {2}
    Just change /give captainawesome7 {1} {2} to /give whateverhisusernameis {1} {2}
    That is it. It will work. It has NOTHING to do with my plugin and requires no coding.
    The file is called TooManyItems.txt and should be in your .minecraft folder in %AppData% or on a mac your minecraft folder in /Library/Application Support/minecraft.

26. sorry for being a little annoying I'll tell him.

27. Offline

Verttex

That would be cool

28. Offline

captainawesome7

K I can see what I can do later on.

29. Offline

Nazerb

do you think you could make a limit the person could make perday? and maybe a black list?

30. Offline

turpinator

Can you set names to individual items with superscript? Or can you implement it at least if it isn't please?

31. Offline

captainawesome7