Inactive [MISC] CommandHelper [3.2.0] - Repeat commands! Aliases! Advanced command scripting! [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by sk89q, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Offline

sk89q

CommandHelper is a utility plugin for working with commands.

• Build your own commands without knowing Java or having to make a plugin
    • Repeat your last command with /.
    • Per-player command aliases
    • Global command aliases
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] CommandHelper 3.2.0

[​IMG] Requirements: Java 1.6+ required. Mac OS X users may have to update their Java version. In addition, you need "WorldEdit," but the download linked above has a version with WorldEdit already bundled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pinoyskii, DHLF, beleg and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

blackalegator

Optional variables are still broken?

3. Offline

DeanDip

They work in v3.1.2

4. Offline

wraithguard01

Backup your persistance.ser file, then delete it, and see if that fixes it. Of course, this is the persistance database, so it will also delete user aliases and stored values. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Next up for release is user defined functions, and the ability to break scripts into other files (plus other misc functions and bugfixes, I'm sure). This is a prelude to allowing other events; it just wouldn't be very aesthetic to have to have ALL of your scripts in one file, plus for other events, the syntax will be MScript only. Right now config.txt uses this syntax:
    Code:
    /command variables = MScript \ MScript \ MScript
    where MScripts are tangled inside of other symbols, which only have meaning for command events. I'm still not 100% sure how I'm going to implement other events just yet, but I think I'm going to take a Javascript/JQuery type of approach, where you register some code to run, then when that event occurs, the code runs. I have to get closures working first though, which to be honest, I still don't understand 100%. (They're easy to use, just not to implement xD)

I updated CH to work with build 1000 about a week ago, but haven't had time to test it. Pull down the latest dev build from build.sk89q.com, and see if it fixes those problems.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  5. Offline

Kiwii

getting this "[SEVERE] null
    java.io.InvalidClassException: com.laytonsmith.aliasengine.[...]" errors, too. Would be cool if somebody could inform me if they know a fix for this.

6. Offline

DeanDip

Two posts above you just explained the fix. Backup up your persistance.ser file, found in the CommandHelper folder, and then delete it.

7. Offline

Kiwii

This is so embarrassing :S How could I just miss that? Well thank you for your answer and excuse my silly question! ;)

8. Offline

Guitarpro

How do you update the pluggin??

9. Offline

DeanDip

The site to download the official and dev builds of commandhelper is down currently. So unfortunately, right now you can't update.
    edit: The site is back up now.

10. Offline

SoraHjort

I like the plugin, but I have one problem.

Is there a way to get the commands to be able to be used by the console? So far I have only been able to use the commands strictly only in-game.

Am I just missing something in the help files? Or is this a feature that needs to be requested?

I need to be able to have the commands usable by the console to help setup some automation processes with use of various other plugins.

11. Offline

DeanDip

Currently not possible, and a feature request for that has already been requested.

12. Offline

dlukz

weird issues both versions don't work. I did have this working a long time ago with a different version of CommandHelper. Any suggestions.

Code:
    dlukz@hellabyte[0]:~/minecraft_server/plugins$ wget https://github.com/downloads/sk89q/commandhelper/commandhelper-3.1.2-WEBundle.jar
    --2011-08-01 11:44:12--  https://github.com/downloads/sk89q/commandhelper/commandhelper-3.1.2-WEBundle.jar
    Resolving github.com... 207.97.227.239
    Connecting to github.com|207.97.227.239|:443... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
    Location: http://cloud.github.com/downloads/sk89q/commandhelper/commandhelper-3.1.2-WEBundle.jar [following]
    --2011-08-01 11:44:12--  http://cloud.github.com/downloads/sk89q/commandhelper/commandhelper-3.1.2-WEBundle.jar
    Resolving cloud.github.com... 216.137.37.250, 216.137.37.138, 216.137.37.15, ...
    Connecting to cloud.github.com|216.137.37.250|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 734482 (717K) [.jar]
    Saving to: `commandhelper-3.1.2-WEBundle.jar'

100%[=============================================================================================================================================================================>] 734,482     1.27M/s   in 0.6s

2011-08-01 11:44:13 (1.27 MB/s) - `commandhelper-3.1.2-WEBundle.jar' saved [734482/734482]

dlukz@hellabyte[0]:~/minecraft_server/plugins$ cd ..
    dlukz@hellabyte[0]:~/minecraft_server$ ./start.sh
    151 recipes
    16 achievements
    11:44:19 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.7.3
    11:44:19 [INFO] Loading properties
    11:44:19 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    11:44:19 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-945-g73697a4-b1000jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    11:44:19 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/commandhelper-3.1.2-WEBundle.jar' in folder 'plugins': WorldEdit
    org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: WorldEdit
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:133)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:207)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:130)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:97)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    11:44:19 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) was initialized.
    11:44:19 [INFO] [Permissions] version [3.1.6] (Yeti)  loaded
    11:44:19 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    Code:
    dlukz@hellabyte[0]:~/minecraft_server/plugins$ unzip commandhelper-3.1.2.zip
    Archive:  commandhelper-3.1.2.zip
      inflating: CommandHelper.jar
    replace README.html? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: A
      inflating: README.html
      inflating: CHANGELOG.txt
      inflating: LICENSE.txt
    dlukz@hellabyte[0]:~/minecraft_server/plugins$ cd ..
    dlukz@hellabyte[0]:~/minecraft_server$ ./start.sh
    151 recipes
    16 achievements
    11:35:11 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.7.3
    11:35:11 [INFO] Loading properties
    11:35:11 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    11:35:11 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-945-g73697a4-b1000jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    11:35:11 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/CommandHelper.jar' in folder 'plugins': WorldEdit
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:133)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:207)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:130)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
    11:35:11 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) was initialized.
    11:35:11 [INFO] [Permissions] version [3.1.6] (Yeti)  loaded
    11:35:11 [INFO] Preparing level "world"

13. Offline

iarspider

Since upgrade to b1000, this plugin is completely not working on my server:
    Code:
    22:39:08 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command '.' i
    n plugin CommandHelper v3.1.2
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:12
    9)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:3
    20)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:713)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.ConfigurationPermissionsResolver.hasPermis
    sion(ConfigurationPermissionsResolver.java:104)
            at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.ConfigurationPermissionsResolver.hasPermis
    sion(ConfigurationPermissionsResolver.java:99)
            at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.PermissionsResolverManager.hasPermission(P
    ermissionsResolverManager.java:102)
            at com.sk89q.commandhelper.CommandHelperPlugin.runCommand(CommandHelperP
    lugin.java:169)
            at com.sk89q.commandhelper.CommandHelperPlugin.onCommand(CommandHelperPl
    ugin.java:132)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more

Installed plugins:
    Code:
    AutoRepair, Backup, BlocksOnGlass, CommandBook, CraftBookCommon, CraftBookCircuits, CraftBookMechanisms, DailyBonus, Elevators, FlatBed, GlobalShop, GravelClay, Growbie, Help, iConomy, LazyRoad, MineCal, MinecartManiaCore, MinecartManiaSignCommands, MinecartManiaStation, MinecartManiaTeleport,MyHome, MyWarp, NextStation, OtherBlocks, PorteCoulissante, QuickStash, RedstoneChips, RetractableBridge, SensorLibrary, SpawnMob, SpeedCircuits, ThunderJoin, WaterproofRedstone, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Backpack, BasicCircuits, ClockDisplay, CommandHelper, MessageCircuit, MinecartManiaAdminControls, MinecartManiaAutocart, MinecartManiaAutomations, MinecartManiaChestControl, MobSensor, dynmap, LWC,WormholeXTreme, WormholeXTremeWorlds

14. Offline

Hoptocraft

Hello all,
    ist there a sleep function to let a script stop running for x seconds or milliseconds and then return without 100% cpu-usage while it sleeps?
    Thanks!

15. Offline

wraithguard01

In your first stack trace, I'm not really sure what the problem is with that. In the second one, you're loading CH without WorldEdit. Add WorldEdit to your plugin folder, or if you don't want to actually use WE, one directory above.

Hmm, this error is coming from the functions in WE. I'll pass this on to @sk89q. Can you post your config file to pastie, and tell me what exactly triggers the error?

Not yet, but it's on the todo list.

16. Offline

iarspider

WorldEdit config

CommandHelper's config.txt is empty

Here is what I did to get that stacktrace:
    1. Select a 2x1 area
    2. Issue command "//set 1"
    3. Select another 2x1 area
    4. Issue command "/."
    5. Error is printed in the chat, stacktrace - in server's console

17. Offline

BigDaddy5XL

This plugin does not seem to be working at all for me.
    I can't seem to set aliases or "/."
    Do I need Old Permissions Still?
    When I "/." I get this:
    Code:
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     ... 12 more
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at com.sk89q.commandhelper.CommandHelperPlugin.onCommand(CommandHelperPlugin.java:132)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at com.sk89q.commandhelper.CommandHelperPlugin.runCommand(CommandHelperPlugin.java:169)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.PermissionsResolverManager.hasPermission(PermissionsResolverManager.java:102)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.ConfigurationPermissionsResolver.hasPermission(ConfigurationPermissionsResolver.java:99)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at com.sk89q.bukkit.migration.ConfigurationPermissionsResolver.hasPermission(ConfigurationPermissionsResolver.java:104)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:713)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:320)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO     at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] INFO org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command '.' in plugin CommandHelper v3.1.2
    07.08 10:51:03 [Server] SEVERE null

18. Offline

Thyme676

Do you think there is any possibility of a built in pause function?

19. Offline

Adv

Using CommandBook's /msg command and CommandHelper, is it possible to make this?:

@Player message - Alias for /msg player message

20. Offline

jmcneely

I can't seem to get CommandHelper to work. I downloaded the version that isn't bundled with worldedit, opened the zip, copied the .jar, pasted it in my plugin folder, downloaded worldedit.zip, copied the .jar, and pasted it in my main server folder next to my craftbukkit.jar and yet it won't work. I keep getting this error:
    Code:
    17:33:12 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\CommandHelper.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    : WorldEdit
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:133)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:207)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:130)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigur
    ationManager.java:51)

21. Offline

Hoptocraft

Hello all,
    I'v a simple question is there a constant for an carriage return?
    Or is there any other way to replace the carraigereturn in a string?
    Thanks!

22. Offline

mrvertigo27

please list your permissions node in your plugin.yml so we may extract them regularly and stay updated using permissionshelper

23. Offline

Jobsti

Heyho, I need a bit help.

I want: /rbe <radius> <time>
    I do: /rbe $r $t = /bb rollback environment 'r:'$r 't:'$t
    /rbe 1 2m does: /bb rollback environment r: 1 t: 2m
    It should do: /bb rollback environment r:1 t:2m

How I can remove the space?

Many thanks.

24. Offline

DeanDip

The concat() function returns a string with all the arguments connected together with no spaces in between the arguments.
    So do: /rbe $r $t = concat('/bb rollback environment r:', $r, ' t:', $t)

25. Offline

Jobsti

26. Offline

wraithguard01

I think I fixed this. I was using priorities incorrectly, but I think it's resolved now, so try again next release.

See if using the non-bundled version of WE works for you.

Not currently, because @Player doesn't trigger a command event, which is what CommandHelper listens for. Once I get events working however, it will be possible.

Yes, use \n inside a quote: 'This is a string\nWith a newline'

Sure. There's not many static permission nodes however, but I can list out the ones that are.

Adv likes this.
  27. Offline

mrvertigo27

28. Offline

F4BSE

I have permissionsBukkit and I want to make a new command for that
    "/permissions player setgroup <player> <group>"

I thought that I need 2 variables. 1 for player and 1 for my group.
    I wrote in my config.txt this,

/p set $p $g = /permissions player setgroup

but it don't works.

What's wrong?

29. Offline

DeanDip

Did you not put the $p an $g at the end?

It should be like this:
    /p set $p $g = /permissions player setgroup $p $g

30. Offline

F4BSE

oh yeah, thanks a lot :D

31. Offline

mrvertigo27

I'm currious if this would work with bukkitperms?[/CODE][/CODE][/quote][/FONT][/COLOR]
    I'm currious if this would work with bukkitperms?[/CODE][/quote][/CODE][/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]
    the board has lost its mind![/CODE][/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]