Inactive [MISC] ChairCraft v1.2.7 - Seats in Minecraft [1.1-R4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by vildaberper, May 14, 2011.

1. Offline

vildaberper

ChairCraft - Seats in Minecraft!
    Version: 1.2.7 - Download
    Source: Github

ChairCraft makes it possible to make chairs in Minecraft!
    Permission-node: 'chaircraft.sit'
    You need to sneak and right click to sit!
    It is configureable to check for signs at the sides, and the max width of a chair (or sofa).
    A chair can be a stone or wood stair or a slab (any type):
    [​IMG]

Heres a tutorial in German: (Thanks @TheGamePlaza !)
    Heres how it looks in-game: (Thanks @iffa !)

Changelog:

• Version 1.2.7 - Download
      • Updated to 1.1-R4 (works with 1.1-R5).
    • Version 1.2.6 - Download
      • Added config to use permissions, default false.
    • Version 1.2.5 - Download
      • Updated to MC 1.8.
      • Removed heal when seated.
      • Added support for the new stair blocks (not slabs).
      • Removed the exclude list, the player must now sneak to sit.
      • Possibly fixed the memory leak bug.
      • Dropped support for Permissions, now works with superperms.
    • Version 1.2.4 - Download
      • Updated to CB 928.
    • Version 1.2.3 - Download
      • Fixed arrows floating over the chairs!
    • Version 1.2.2 - Download
      • Fixed several bugs.
      • Added heal when seated, with config.
      • Added check if the block below is air, which would cause a glitch sitting inside the chair.
      • Added 44 to the default exception list, so you can now make doubleslabs as normal!
    • Version 1.2.1 - Download
      • Fixed the broken sign-check.
      • Added support for slabs.
      • Added config for arrow respawn-time. (Good for laggy servers)
    • Version 1.2.0 - Download
      • Added check for signs at the sides, with config.
      • Added Permissions-support.
      • Fixed the bug when the arrow despawns.
      • Fixed the bug when changing seats.
      • Only one player can be seated at one block at a time.
    • Version 1.1.0 - Download
      • Fixed seating when holding a block.
      • Fixed player beeing stuck when the stair is removed.
      • Added support for stone stairs.
      • Removed the check for signs on the sides.
      • Added check for the block above, it must be air. (Will add transparent blocks as ok)
    • Version 1.0.0 - Download
      • Initial release.

2. Offline

untergrundbiber

Can you make implant that sitting is only able with a specific tool in hand?

3. Offline

NopeDK

@untergrundbiber it has already been suggested in the form as you must have nothing in your hands and then a config for allowed stuff you may hold to sit down.

4. Offline

untergrundbiber

Yes nothing in the hand is perfect :D
    Sometimes its annoying when you will build on halfstone and you sit down :D

5. does anyone have a config i can use that prevents sitting with all block so only chair plugin works with hand only.

6. Offline

NopeDK

@XCaptainDoogulsX go online and find all the data values for minecraft and put them on the exclude list.

7. Offline

Reatrann

Any possibility that getting up from a chair will spawn you on an available floor block next to the chair block (like beds). This would prevent suffocating when getting up in a 2 block high room. If not, perhaps a check for 2 blocks air above the chair rather than the current 1 block, to prevent this.

8. Offline

NopeDK

Yeah that would be nice. Something like a scanner that sees if there is a block in front of the chair that isn't taken up by a solid block (i.e. standable) and set you there instead of on top of the chair

9. Offline

Bseagull

It has not been done as far as i know because the creater said that healing while in chairs would be cool and there has not been an update since.​

10. Offline

NopeDK

@Bseagull Check the changelog for 1.2.2. It clearly states healing is added when seated and if you open the config file for 1.2.2 there is options for enabling and setting heal amount and heal delay.

11. Offline

vildaberper

People really needs to test the actual plugin before requesting features.

12. Offline

ShadoRoboto

@vildaberper
    Ok, random question, I could not find the answer through this thread, and I feel it has relevence.
    What is the purpose of the arrow when you sit? What is the purpose of its respawn time, etc?
    My only guess is that it is an entity that creates an entity sit position for the Player.
    Thanks in advance.
    ~SR

13. Offline

NopeDK

@ShadoRoboto that is correct. It is because the only thing the player can be binded to is entitites and appearently an arrow was the easiest. Respawn time is because the arrow doesn't live forever and needs to be refreshed before it disappears.

14. Offline

vildaberper

Entities are rideable, and blocks are not.
    An arrow is an entity, so youre actually riding on the arrow, jammed into the chair. :D
    Since most entities despawn after about 6000 server ticks, we need to respawn it before that happens.

They can actually live forever, but the client wont think so. I had some funny results, but it is working.
    I was riding the air and walking around! :D

15. Offline

NopeDK

Damn... seems everything I know so far about plugins is only halfway true... Someone wanna crash course me into CB plugins? Seems I keep passing on halftrue information :(

16. Offline

vildaberper

Ask away! xD

17. Offline

NopeDK

From what I can read half of all the errors and the compensation there is done with these plugins is because the client is a bit fail?

18. Offline

vildaberper

Yeah, but I hope stuff will get fixed when the official modding API is released. :)

19. Offline

t-master

I'd have a suggestion for your plugin:
    How about using a similar method the lampstone plugins uses instead of signs?
    Like you type "/chairmode" in chat, it activates chairmode and every placed half-block or stairs is now a chair where you can sit on. And when you type that command again, chairmode gets disabled and every half-block or stairs which's placed now is normal again.
    Using this you could also make chairs or sofas in areas where you don't have the space for signs on the sides

20. Offline

vildaberper

Yeah, but then Id need a database.
    I might add it though, for fun. :)

21. Offline

Bseagull

oh sorry i did not see that....

22. Offline

NopeDK

Yay got something right xD

23. Offline

DigitalSil

I am loving this plugin! Makes those decorative seats of mine actual seats! :D

24. Offline

ShadoRoboto

@vildaberper
    @NopeDK
    Thank you both.
    I find that mildly hilarious, "Riding an arrow."
    Gives me an idea for a player cannon, via arrows!
    ~SR

25. Offline

NopeDK

@ShadoRoboto that's an awesome idea! Better start writing that straight away, an admin bow that can shoot players! F* hilarious!

26. Offline

vildaberper

That was how I tested if arrows were rideable. xD
    Im working on a plugin that is used for transportation.
    The player shoot an arrow with his bow, the player rides the arrow, and when the arrow hit ground the player is ejected and the arrow despawn! :D

27. Offline

NopeDK

@vildaberper do add an admin bow which ammo will be other players!

28. Offline

ShadoRoboto

I am amazed about that idea.
    Glad you have something like that planned vildaberper, otherwise I would have to learn how to code plugins faster just to have ridable arrows.
    ~SR

29. Offline

CAPSLOCKNINJA

I tried this out and whenever I sit down, I get stuck, it appears that my head is in a block, but I'm getting healed even though that's disabled in the config.
    Edited: Actually, I think it might have something to do with GLSL shaders. Is there anything you could possible do about that?

30. Offline

onicx4

am i the only one who cant seem to sit down

31. Offline

NopeDK

@onicx4 if you got Permissions did you ensure that you have the correct node? " - 'chaircraft.sit' "