Minigames Server - Yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Stevensaurus, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Stevensaurus

Hello everyone.

So recently I've been thinking about making a Minecraft server 100% focused around minigames; thing such as Survival Games, Mob Arena, Spleef, and TF2 (as well as a ton of other less popular games).

Do you think people would be interested in a server like this? Or would it be better to just bundle these things in with my PVE/Economy server?

2. Offline

shellofchaos

I think there a quite a lot of these servers around already. i have survivalgames added on my comstum town server
    but if you want to make a dedicated minigame server you have to come with something new and refreshing players want to keep playing else it would be only a waste in my opinion.

3. Offline

Rasmenar

On my server, I've got PVP arenas. There are no rewards for my arenas so they simply act as an amusing time waster. So far we only have a Team Deathmatch arena and a 1v1 arena, but we're currently building a Free for All arena and a Spleef arena as well. Besides that, the thing I'm doing to make my server stand out is my Adventure Map (The main map of the server is a standard Survival build map, the adventure map exists to supplement it)

I'm using a few plugins, notably EpicBosses, Loot, Magic Spells, MCMMO, Runecraft, Infinite Dispensers, Shopkeepers, and WorldGuard/WorldEdit to construct a persistant Adventure mode map, including Dungeon areas, large scale explorable cities and landscape, puzzle challenges to grant access to new Spells, dozens of Boss creatures each with their own unique loot tables. I have it set up to where every chest on the map is a Loot enabled chest, but the basic loot list only provides basic supplies such as food, Healing potions, and sometimes gold nuggets. Dungeons feature things such as spawners (which cannot be destroyed thanks to WorldGuard), jump puzzles, Redstone based puzzles, and Boss creatures. I use Shopkeepers for my economy (1 lapis = 1 gold nugget, 1 gold bar = 1 emerald, 16 emeralds = 1 diamond, 32 diamonds = 1 nether star, I'm not a fan of Economy plugins that generate virtual currency).

So basically the unique "minigame" of my server is exploring the Adventure map (and the rather epic structures and terrain features built within) and conquering the challenges in the dungeons. I'll be adding in Quests eventually as well. RPG servers are by no means a new concept, but I haven't seen any with the sort of scale I'm putting in to my map. It's actually about 4x bigger than most survival games maps I've seen (which is why I've put over 100 hours of build time into it already, and I've still got several hundred more ahead of me).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.