Minigame help

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ShadowLAX, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ShadowLAX

Hi bukkit, I have a problem. I'm trying to make a minigame, and I have the runnables setup and such, but I have no idea where the actually code for the minigame goes :S please help and thanks!

2. Offline

chasechocolate

In a method? Maybe start()?

3. Offline

xTrollxDudex

ShadowLAX
    Every time someone joins (like on command) you would check if the player count is 1, if yes then start a runnable to end the game.

However since my battledome plugin has multiple states, do the above and after the runnable ends start another runnable to start another runnable until the game ends, call an end() or endGame() method.

4. Offline

ShadowLAX

chasechocolate xTrollxDudex Well, that helps a little bit, but now I have a bigger problem. My plugin random decides to players to battle at a time, how do I keep that going when one of the players dies? So like, 2 people player. One of them dies, than instantly 2 more people are chosen to play. I don't think a runnable is the answer, is it?

EDIT: Also, how would I check to see if there are the specified amount of players on if people leave? Like say there are 5 players on, and you need a minimum of 3, and 3 people leave leaving 2 left in the game. How would i check to cancel the start game?

5. Offline

VitalIntel

Maybe you should learn the basic of Java and Bukkit before starting such a big project?

bobacadodl likes this.
  6. Offline

ShadowLAX

Bump, please i need help D:

VitalIntel -_- I have learned them.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  7. Offline

VitalIntel

Really?

bobacadodl likes this.
  8. Offline

ShadowLAX

VitalIntel If you don't want to help that's fine, but I don't like to be criticized. Of course it goes somewhere in a class, but I don't know exactly where, like whether or not it goes between the runnables, in its own class, etc. I have learned basic java and Bukkit, but I have not messed around with games enough to know. I have to learn somewhere.

9. Offline

IceBurgers

I too would be interested in seeing this solved!

10. Offline

ShadowLAX

Please someone help D:

11. Offline

IceBurgers

12. Offline

xTrollxDudex

ShadowLAX
    Shouldn't you listen for player death went and check if there is 1 player left, make an end() and open up the arena for other players to join?
    IceBurgers
    Commenting is really unnecessary in this case...

bobacadodl likes this.
  13. Offline

IceBurgers

xTrollxDudex Apologies, I simply wanted to bump the thread for a response so that I too can learn

14. Offline

xTrollxDudex

15. Offline

IceBurgers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.