[MINIGAME] Cranked! Based on the new "Cod: Ghosts"

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by edm wasrevilosmith1999, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Plugin category: Fun.

Suggested name: Cranked.

What I want: Cranked is a new game mode that is going to be included in "COD: Ghosts". To start, a user clicks a sign to join an arena. They are given a stone sword, a power v and infinity bow, an arrow and full leather armour, dyed the colour of your team. After X amount of people join the game (Configurable in the config) a countdown of X seconds will start (Also configurable in the config). On the players XP bar there should be a countdown of 30 seconds from when the game starts, if this reaches 0 the player is killed and re spawn in the arena (you should be able to set some spawn points in an arena). The more kills that you get will increase your agility and speed. The game will end after X amount of time (Configurable in the config).

Suggested feature, doesn't need to be included but would make for a better game:
    • Kill streaks E.g. When you reach 3 kills a nether star comes in your inventory. When you right click you activate a kill streak (RC car), this kill streak could disguise you as a wolf and give you some TNT which, when you right click, will kill anyone within X radius (Configurable radius in the config).
    • Custom Prefix before all messages (Configurable in the config).
    • Scoreboard. Tells you the kills for each team (Blue, Red) .
    • Winning team can be given X money (Configurable in the config) for winning the game.
    • Feel free to give me more ideas in the comments and I'll edit this post with your idea. Also please leave us a comment about what you think as this will keep the post bumped to the top so we can hopefully get this fun game made! Thanks :)
    Ideas for commands:
    • /Cranked - Main command
    • /Cr - Alias to /Cranked
    • /Cr create <name> - Creates an arena with the variable <name>
    • /Cr add spawn <name> - Adds a spawn point to the arena <name>
    • /Cr reload - Reloads the config file / files
    • Any other commands that you can think of for other features that I may have suggested.
    Ideas for permissions:
    • cranked.create - Create an arena
    • cranked.addspawn - Add a spawn to an arena
    • cranked.reload - Reload the config file / files
    When I'd like it by: Take as long as you like, no real need to rush this as it could make for a highly popular plugin if made well.

If possible, when whoever develops this server releases the plugin on bukkit, I only ask that they put my server as the testing server, just something like Come try this out on the server "Ip here". Obviously I wont post my IP here, however if the DEV could PM me after the plugin has been created that would be great.

Thanks, Revilo!

2. Offline

Garris0n

Bump once per 24 hours, and somebody will probably pick this up, though I wouldn't get too hopeful about the whole "server ip in the plugin description" thing.

3. Ok, thanks, I don't really mind about the server IP in the description but I think that would be fair considering the idea.

4. Offline

calebbfmv

5. Offline

calebbfmv

Almost done!

6. Really, done already? Have you included any of the suggestions or will you add them in future updates:)? Thanks.
    Edit: I also forgot to add in that there should be a join command such as /Cr join <Name> (Where name is the arena name) as people may want to use server signs to customize their signs.

7. Offline

calebbfmv

Well, almost done with the annoying hard part, then it should be smooth sailing from there.
    I will add in the suggestions in the updates to come, but for now, I will just include some basics, I will tell you everything on the Bukkit.dev page for this project.

8. Ok thanks for the hard work on this project, much appreciated!

9. Offline

calebbfmv

Yeah no problem.
    I am getting tired of looking at a screen, so I am going to for right now. Going to get dinner then might work on it some more.

Setting up a Managers, getting a new, efficient shell setup, since Eclipse deleted everything else.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  10. Ok, is everything going good at the moment then? calebbfmv

11. Offline

calebbfmv

Yep, gotta pause for a moment, school is taking it's toll. Got the PSAT on Wednesday.

Williscool98 likes this.
  12. I understand :)

calebbfmv likes this.
  13. Offline

calebbfmv

Should have a promo this weekend, if you are OK with WorldEdit dependance?

14. Yea, I dont think there are many servers without world edit anyway :3 That is fine!

calebbfmv Have you made any progress?

calebbfmv Have you made any progress?

Also, what do people think of this idea?

timtower likes this.
  15. Offline

calebbfmv

edm wasrevilosmith1999
    Oh my, I seemed to have forgotten about this project!
    Hey, I'm sorry truly, but I cannot find the time to do this.

Anyone that wants to pick this up let me know if I can help.

16. Ok no problem! calebbfmv Does anyone think they can pick this up? I understand that it is a hard project, I am also offering DEV rank on my server if you're interested [Obviously I wont post the IP here but just PM me] :)

17. Offline

Pik0

i can try t continue the project, if you want, just need the done part i can finish it

18. Ok thanks :) Ill tahg calebbfmv so he sees this

19. Offline

calebbfmv

Pik0
    What do you need from me?

20. calebbfmv Did you start making the plugin, I think thats what Pik0 is wanting so he can continue from what you made, if you started it!

21. Offline

Pik0

yea, i can continue what you've already done

22. Tahg next time so he gets an alert xD Thanks anyways. Ill tahg him calebbfmv Pik0

23. Offline

calebbfmv

Oh yeah, sorry been really busy.
    Basically, I have a very simple shell, not even enough for you to do anything with, so I would recommend just starting, I can help if you need me to though :D

24. Offline

Pik0

meh, i dont have much time to code everything from the beggining, sorry, just wait until other developer comes and helps you :)

25. Ok thanks anyways. Bump

26. I think this is a good idea? Can anyone develop this?

27. Offline

mattrick

Yeah I like this idea, I may develop this if no one else does....

28. Offline

calebbfmv

mattrick16
    Go ahead!
    I can help if you need me to.

29. Offline

xXSniperzzXx_SD