Mini Generation

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by mattrick, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mattrick

Ignore the stupid title :p Anyway, I am working on a mini world generator plugin. The idea is that it is like skyblock, but instead of it loading a schematic, it generates literally a mini world (in one world surrounded by void). So I suppose I'll need to loop through all blocks in a dimension, and populate it. Anyway, how should I loop through the blocks and how should I populate the dimensions, to make it as realistic to a real world as possible?

2. Offline

mattrick

Bump! I know this is difficult, can anyone just point me in the right direction? Thanks!

3. Offline

The_Doctor_123

So you want a regular world but have a limited amount of chunks? Listen for the ChunkPopulateEvent and see if the chunk's location is out of bounds. If so, loop through all the blocks and set them to air.

4. Offline

mattrick

The_Doctor_123
    That may work, but I was thinking it would be more efficient (correct me if I'm wrong) to have all worlds in one. The problem is generating a random block structure, that looks like a Minecraft world, just limited by void.

5. Offline

The_Doctor_123

mattrick
    Hmm.. so you want sort of a virtual world thing where there's multiple "worlds" in one?

6. Offline

mattrick

The_Doctor_123
    Pretty much. Like I said, basically skyblock with real world generation.

7. Offline

The_Doctor_123

mattrick
    Well, you're going to have to do some math with the chunk generation. But I like your idea.

8. Offline

mattrick

9. The_Doctor_123
    It's a similar concept as skyblock, but with mini islands that are all different, so they mimic having a small private world.

10. Offline

The_Doctor_123

mattrick
    SkyBlock plugins have been made before. This is somewhat unique. I'm picturing this dome type of thing. And the glass surrounding this dome is unbreakable.. Mind if I steal your or whoever's idea? XD

11. Offline

mattrick

12. Offline

The_Doctor_123

mattrick
    I might take a stab at this, it looks quite easy.

13. Offline

mattrick

The_Doctor_123
    I want 30% (jk) :p

Edit: Would you mind posting the source or PMing me with it, I still need help ;)

14. Offline

The_Doctor_123

mattrick The Gaming Grunts
    You guys would be mentioned (if this succeeds). It's really a bright idea. If you looks at my plugins, they all suck. :(

15. Offline

mattrick

The_Doctor_123
    No really, they are not as bad as mine. I would have more, but I am too lazy to post them, or they are private. Also, would you mind posting the source or PMing me with it, I still need help ;)

16. Offline

The_Doctor_123

mattrick
    Same with me. I've made some pretty nifty plugins since my last public plugin(released in July), but only I can work them. Too lazy to make the plugins noob-friendly.

mattrick likes this.
  17. Offline

mattrick

The_Doctor_123
    Pretty much, I usually have a plugin I use to test random things, and then when I figure out something cool, I am too lazy to compile it into a new plugin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.