Filled MinecraftMurder

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by EtCetera112, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Offline

EtCetera112

Plugin category: Minigames

Suggested name: MinecraftMurder

What I want: I would like a plugin that would implement the Garry's Mod gamemode Murder into Minecraft.
    If you haven't played Murder, here is how it works:
    At the beginning of a round you are chosen as either a Bystander or a Murderer.

As a Bystander:
    Bystanders cannot tell who the Murderer is.
    One Bystander has a gun that can one-hit everyone. It only has one shot, and takes about 5 sec to reload.
    The Bystander with the gun has to try to kill the Murderer.
    If the Bystander shoots someone who is not a Murderer, they are slowed and blinded for 20 sec.
    Bystanders can get a gun if they find 5 "clues": objects that randomly spawn around the map.

As a Murderer:
    You have to try to kill all the bystanders.
    You have a knife that can either 1-hit as a melee weapon, or be thrown for a 1-hit.
    After the knife is thrown, the Murder has to walk over it to pick it up again. It also returns to their inventory after 30 sec.
    If you collect 1 "clue" you can morph into one of the people you killed.
    You can see people's footprints, and use that to track them.

This would be implemented into Minecraft as the following:

When the round begins, everyone is blinded and frozen in place for 10 sec. while they are told whether they are a Bystander or a Murderer.

The Bystander with a secret weapon would have a configurable item that when right-clicked would fire an arrow. The arrow would insta-kill the person it hit. After the shot is fired, it would take 5 sec before it could be fired again. The reload would be represented by the durability bar filling up. If they shoot someone who is not the Murderer, they get Slowness 1 for 30 sec, and Blindness for 15 sec. If they are killed, they drop the gun, which can then be picked up by any of the other bystanders.

Clues would be represented by random items dropped at random points on the map. They would spawn with a random delay between 20 and 50 sec. If a Bystander collects five of them, they would be given a gun.
    EDIT: Clues are completely optional. If you feel that they are too difficult, I'd be fine with leaving them out.

The Murderer would have an Iron Sword that would 1-hit everyone, and if right clicked would be thrown in the form of an arrow. The Murderer could walk over the arrow to regain the sword, or wait 30 seconds for it to respawn in their inventory. The Murderer would also have a compass that would point towards the nearest player.
    In theory, the Murderer would be able to collect clues and use them to morph into the players they kill, but I have absolutely no idea how that would be implemented.

When a person is killed, or joins in-game, they would be invisible, and given the viewpoint of one of the players. They could click to toggle which player's viewpoint they had.

Finally, death messages would still be displayed for the Bystanders killing other Bystanders with guns, but would be disabled for any kills made by the Murderer.

Ideas for commands:
    /murder <lobby|arena> <create|delete|edit> <name>
    Would be used to created a lobby/arena. When ran, it would take the current World Edit selection and make it into a Murder lobby/arena.

/murderer <playername>
    /bystander <playername>
    /weapon <playername>
    Would be used during a round to make a person the Murderer/Bystander/Bystander with a secret weapon next round

[murder]
    <lobby name goes here>
    Would be typed on a sign to create a sign that shows the name of the arena, the amount of players in-game, and could be right-clicked to join the game.

Ideas for permissions:
    murder.canjoin
    If a player can join a round of Murder. Set by default to true.

murder.create
    If a player can create a Murder lobby/arena.

murder.cheat
    If a player can use the commands to choose who is the Murderer/Bystanders

When I'd like it by: ASAP.

I'd love it if someone could make it for me. Please comment if you feel that I need to clarify something, or if you have a idea to make this better!

GrandmaJam likes this.
  2. Offline

Trevor1134

EtCetera112 Please only bump 24 hours between posts.

EDIT: As far as the post goes, the clue system sounds difficult. Random drops... They would need to be exempt for despawning? Aswell as the area of the arena needs to be defined in order to determine where to spawn it. It also would have to check if the block is air there...

3. Offline

oscarshi1995

I am pretty sure this has been made... forgot where tho

4. Offline

SirJava

Its on a server called "MC Party Zone" - They are the first creators/releasers of this minigame. (Its quite fun tbh)

5. Offline

EtCetera112

I have seen similar minigames, but none for download. I'd really like to make a cs_office map for my server and play Murder with some friends.

If anyone could please make this, I would be eternally grateful.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  6. Offline

DerpyMan

GrandmaJam likes this.
  7. Offline

EtCetera112

8. Offline

DerpyMan

No problem!