Minecraft Serving Connecting Problem

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Cajuju, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Cajuju

I made a server for my friend and I and my friend is unable to connect to the server. In the server list it says Can't connect to server, and when my friend tries to direct connect this error comes up: Failed to connect to server java.net.ConnectException; Connection timed out; no further information.
    I am making this forum for my friend and I tell my friend to try doing what you advice I do. My friend tried turning off the firewall, and my friend made a new rule in the advance settings of the firewall for the port 25565. My friend also tried uninstalling and re installing minecraft. My friend and I were able to play in the server we made before but now we can't. We are both using the same minecraft version 1.7.9, and the same java version. I had someone else try to connect to my server and they were able to connect to it fine. Its just my friend is not able to go onto the server. This problem has been going on for months and we haven't had a clue how to fix it. We tried a few things but they didn't work.
    I checked my server in canyouseeme.org and I can be seen. The problem is not on my side. The problem is on my friend's side. The server is working fine and port forwarding is correct according to another person i asked to log into my server.

Anything my friend can do to connect to my server?

Any advice?

2. Offline

lokpique

Make sure he's using the right IP. My guess is he made a typo somewhere.

If that doesn't work, tell him to open a command window and type in :
    ipconfig /flushdns

and then try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.