Minecraft pvp game [Idea/help]

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TomShar, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TomShar

Now before you read any further I want to clear up on what this thread is actually about. This thread is me telling you (developers) my idea and asking for suggestions, feedback and weather or not it would be even worth making, and if so, would you like to help develop this with me and hopefully a few other people.

So the idea is there would be a series of server 50-100 slots each. Each server would be 1 team/faction which you have to register to join (whitelisted servers). Each day (every 24 hours) all the servers would be paired up with another server randomly and between those 2 servers they fight it out to see who wins the 24 hour battle/capture game (explained later). When a server is paired to another server the people would be able to connect to the enemy's server of course. Then at the end of the 24 hours the servers are separated (unwhitelist all the other server) and the servers are reset and paired up with another server.

Each server is the same with 24 different objectives to claim. At the beginning of the 24 hours both teams own all their 24 objectives in their own server. People from the other server can then login to the other teams server and try overrun the objectives to take the lead and gain more points for their server. To overrun a objective you would have to kill all the enemy's in the objective (normally a castle) and then claim a capture point (time depends on the amount of people). Now that sounds easy but you wouldn't be able to place or break blocks in this game, it is pure pvp so you might be asking 'How does one get into a castle?' well the answer is deathpoints. Deathpoints are gained when you kill a player. Every player you kill gets you one deathpoint or if they are on a killing streak you get 3. Then on the gate to a castle will be a sign which would say something like:

[Deathpoints]
    0/100

That would mean the other team needs to put 100 deathpoints into that sign before the gate would open and let them take the base. Bigger objectives would take more deathpoints but in turn give you more server points (which can be used on upgrades (explained later)).

There is still a ton more to write but I want to hear if you are interested for more before I go and write another 1000 words :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.