Filled Minecraft is down plugin.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by raserdemon, Jan 28, 2014.

?

Will this plugin be useful to you/your server?

1. Yes

38.9%
  2. Maybe

16.7%
  3. No

44.4%
  1. Offline

raserdemon

Plugin category: Admin Help/Information

Suggested name: IsMinecraftDown

What I want: I want a plugin that sends out a message in the chat anytime minecraft sessions/logins are down. Preferably, I'd like to have the message configurable in the config. I'm not a developer or anything so I don't know if this is possible but if it is, I'd greatly appreciate it being made. It'd also be great if a different message could be displayed when sessions/logins are back online.

Ideas for commands: None.

Ideas for permissions: I guess none.

When I'd like it by: Whenever possible. Like I said, Im not a developer so I have no idea if this is even possible, much less easy.

2. Offline

Me4502

This would have to check at an interval if the servers are down.

3. Offline

AndyMcB1

This is really silly. How would you users see the message if they can't get on the server?

4. Offline

Desle

AndyMcB1
    Players that joined before the servers go down, will der it, notifying Them that you shouldnt leave, or something like that.

Pepsi likes this.
  5. Offline

Jade Retired Staff

raserdemon How would you want it to put out this message? You can't join the server if those servers are down, they wouldn't be able to get the message.

6. Offline

Necrodoom

Jade What i assume he meant is people that were already on the server get notified, since these people will not disconnect if the auth server goes down.

7. Offline

raserdemon

Necrodoom is correct. I'd want it to notify already online players so they know not to log off. ( AndyMcB1 and Jade )

8. Offline

raserdemon

9. Offline

Gamecube762

One idea to add is to change the MOTD for when the servers are down to inform the players who are "locked out". This is an interesting idea, if I find time, I might be able to look into this. I heard there was an API or something similar to checking the session servers.

If you want to check if they are online yourself, try http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/ and https://help.mojang.com/, both show the status.

Edit: http://status.mojang.com/check This is what I was looking for =P

10. Offline

raserdemon

So anyone going to attempt this?

11. Offline

raserdemon

Anybody?

12. Offline

AndyMcB1

Please wait 24 hours between bumps.
    I don't see why this plugin is so urgent, I mean, it's not like their servers go down a lot?

13. Offline

scenecraft

That Great ideas

14. Offline

raserdemon

Sorry.

15. Offline

Gamecube762

I can work on this during my free time, I haven't really done anything json/url related in Java yet, but its an interesting idea I want to try.

16. Offline

raserdemon

Awesome! Thank you so much!

17. Offline

Retherz_

18. Offline

raserdemon

19. Offline

Gamecube762

Sorry about that, I got extremely busy with school and work that I forgot about this.

I got it mostly done, the only thing that isn't there yet is the announcer when the servers are offline. I will get that done once I find some free time. The command is "/isminecraftdown" or "/ismcdwn" with the permission node IsMcDwn.command . The plugin checks on startup and checks every 5 minutes, when I get free time I will add the config for that and the announcer. I also tried to add an API for developers who wanted to make use of the plugin.

Download Link
    Github

Tell me if there are any problems you find, or anything else needed to be added. When I get time to, I'll add this onto BukkitDev.

20. Offline

camdenorrb

il try to update it

21. Offline

Gamecube762

I'm currently working on updating the plugin(as said on my profile). You are free to use the Github to create your own features and create a Pull Request to add them to the main plugin.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/isminecraftdown/
    Also I recommend commenting on the plugin page so we aren't bumping a solved thread.

22. Offline

raserdemon

Sorry everyone! Forgot to mark it as filled! Thank you so much Gamecube762