Minecraft donation rules/law help

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Ethay, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ethay

I've noticed that it's actually illegal to sell "items" for real money within minecraft and the only legal thing to sell in a shop is a cosmetic/particle effect of some sort yet, I have seen countless huge minecraft servers sell a lot of game changing items due to donating.

Is there any way to create a 100% "legal" server but still giving away items and in-game currency for real money?

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Ethay
    No.

You cannot have people pay for any type of currency in game. For the items, you cannot sell items that are only obtainable through paying, nor can it it be items that can give advantage to the player in any way. That Includes no items that are 'consumable' or that can be 'used up' so that players have to rebuy them, nor can they be items that require high amounts of points so that players bypasses the amount of time needed to get an item if they were regular players.

If you really want it to be 100% legal with the EULA, don't have the players pay anything. You can have them donate to you (with no expected returns or benefits from doing so) or have some sort of advertising system if you really need money, but no individual player should receive anything from giving you money.

3. Offline

Ethay

@Zombie_Striker how come there are SO many servers that offer it? So many plugins that support it etc?

4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Ethay
    That support what? Most big servers that do provide shops offer cosmetic features (Think back to those servers; They never provide items, or even 'perks' for that matter. Most servers only have particle trails, or in the case as The Hive, Full server XP drops.) These are not things that are a part of base-Minecraft, so I assume these things are not "As bad" as buying in-game items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.