Minecraft Achievement Race

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by DoPhoenix, Jan 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DoPhoenix

Plugin category: Fun

Minecraft version: 1.16.4

Suggested name: Minecraft Achievement Race!

What I want: Basically the other day I was watching Sapnap's video where they did an achievement race in Minecraft. I would like a plugin where if you start the game a message will pop up on your screen where it says Have Fun! and then in the chats, the game will send a message which gives you 2 random challenges which you can choose and you have 5 mins to complete it. Basically, it should be an exact copy of what they used in the video. I have never seen anything like this and it would be so FUN! You can refer to the video for help

Here is the link to Sapnap's video for reference:

Ideas for commands: /startRace (playername)
    /endRace (playername)
    /setRaceTime (to set the time for the how long you get to complete the achievements)

Ideas for permissions: the person who starts the game must be op

When I'd like it by: 4th February 2021

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    Resoluciones likes this.
  2. Offline

NewtyMan

Hello there,

I really liked this idea so I started working on it and here is my result. In theory it should support more groups of people playing this at once on the same server, but I only have 2 computers, so I could test it with one group only.

It contains following achievements: obtain an item, craft an item, jump on certain block (bed, grass, etc...), reach height/nether. The only thing I didn't include right now is the objective of getting in-game advancement. I will be quite busy for some days now, so I decided to release this now and then later on include the advancements.

Every minute that passes, gives you a message saying how much time is left in the round

Commands:

/startrace (playername) ->
    starts an achievement race with a player
    /endrace -> ends the current race player is in

Config.yml

default-time ->
    default time a round lasts in seconds. Replacement for /setRaceTime

{x}-min/max -> defines minimum and maximum random value of how many items have to be obtained / times jumped, etc...
    {x}-blocks -> defines all blocks for that certain achievement.

reach-locations -> height that player has to reach to complete achievement (or nether)

Permission:
    achievementrace.start -> Enables /startrace and /endrace commands (set to op by default)

I have tested this quite a lot, but it's quite a big project so if you encounter any issues, bugs or anything else that needs fixing or improving, don't hesitate to post it in here ^-^

Attached Files:

3. Offline

DoPhoenix

Thanks a lot, @NewtyMan. I really hope that you finish all the features when you are free.

4. Offline

King Tuts

When I start the race, It gives me 2 achievements 2 complete for some reason, and sometimes the jump on block ones don't work for me.

5. Offline

AVKatoch

Download????

6. Offline

NewtyMan

Are you trying to play this game single-player? It was made to work with 2 different players, so if you /startrace (your_name) it will give you double achievements. If you want I can modify it for single player use as well, but it may take some time as I am quite busy right now.

I am not sure what you mean with this message, but if you are asking where you can download the file, it's in my first reply under attachments (AchievementRace.zip)

7. Offline

TunaSimsek

8. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

9. Offline

ecstacy35

how do i use it pls explain

10. Offline

NewtyMan

11. Offline

J4K3_YT

how do you add it to a server

12. Offline

sadindianboi

place it in your plugins folder

13. Offline

HarshitManocha

Can you please upload this on dev.bukkit.org so that I can use it on my aternos server

14. Offline

davidclue

Can't you just download the plugin and drop the jar in your plugins folder? Why are you asking him to upload it to use it on a server?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.