Millenaire - NPC villages which you help construct! Allows custom buildings too

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by TurokGMT, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Request that one of you talented bukkit developer types get in touch with the author of this fantastic NPC village-building mod:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=247048

check out the time lapse video on the first page - then pick up your jaw and read on...

features:

- npc villages generated automatically which go out harvesting wood to build with
    - trade with players to get more advanced materials (opportunity for iconomy connections)
    - can make your own custom building templates which the villagers will build, block by block over time
    - villagers breed and make new housing if they have enough materials available to do so
    - villagers will aggro if you mess with them

the possibilities of this mod are frankly astounding, but the mod author doesn't know anything about programming for bukkit. I've suggested a port from the modloader version he currently uses, but some support from the dev community here would really help!

Thanks for taking the time to read this

2. Offline

Erbros

If I were good enough for this, I would do it :) Looking forward seeing someone with skills taking this project to something great!

3. Original author has already done the hard work, all that would be needed is a developer for a bukkit port so he doesn't have to keep 2 versions updated. I say "all" - I appreciate how difficult coding in any language is (I'm only C++ literate from my uni days).

Nothing ventured, nothing gained Erbros - you'd get loads of support from the bukkit developers in the forums here!

4. Offline

Nathan Williams

Alot of the people on my server are wanting this. So it would be awesome if someone made this.

5. Offline

valdark

This is great... I would love to see it developed. We wouldn't get females or children with the bukkit version but that's fine.

6. Offline

Tealk

I hope one developer will make it

7. Offline

Hamsta

this would be too awesome! please someone has to make it smp ready!

8. Offline

themanman0

I'm not sure if all of it is doable, since it is a mod.

9. Offline

valdark

Well the block placement is doable.
    We've seen NPC's on bukkit, would just have to pre program a list of NPC's.

I wish I had the coding skill to do this myself. I'll ask a friend of mine to take a look when he gets time.

10. Offline

Specops343

Have your friend look into porting this:
    link removed
    It'll actually will allow all of the ssp mods to be loaded in smp eventually. All that needs to happen is a port to bukkit. :/

11. Offline

gamingvortex

I cant wait... I would HUGELY support the creater of this

fixdaworld likes this.
  12. Offline

themanman0

Or you can wait for Notch to release the Modding API.

fixdaworld likes this.
  13. Offline

valdark

Wait? Patience? From Minecraft players? JK I can't wait for that API. There are so many good mods out there that I want to combine with bukkit.

14. Offline

themanman0

Me too, I have become quite fond of the Planes mod.

15. Offline

valdark

Not to mention dragons, books you can write in and place in a previously empty bookcase, additional mobs, new block types, new weapons, the list goes on.

16. I'd be really interested in having a go at this, I think it would be possible but I would need some form of NPC api which I could hook into to control NPC's. Anyone know of any?

17. Offline

valdark

Assuming that you cannot port his base code there is this plugin which is still active.

Also this plugin saves structures you build to file and comes with some pre configured structures. If you could tie it in directly I think you'd have a winner.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  18. Offline

Tealk

19. Offline

LordDead1233

everyone in my server wants this so I really want this mod but either.
    GOOD LUCK!

20. Offline

user_43347

I'm gonna do it. I've been looking for a challenge, and this is it. I'll develop it, and I'll have a beta in a few days. However, it needs a new name. Any ideas?

21. Villenaire :p
    Or Villages, Civilisations?

22. Offline

saul100

Why need this plugin, 1.8 brings NPC villages :D

23. Offline

iFreZzAx

Look when this was posted...

24. Offline

saul100

Dang im stupid :D

25. Offline

user_43347

I was thinking Construire, its french for build.
    And even tho 1.8 adds this, im still developing it lol.

26. Offline

Bush

i'll still use it. have been looking for this a long time.

27. Offline

LordDead1233

I will use it either GOOD LUCK!

28. Offline

everhaunted

it should be great, are you still doing it??

29. Offline

Lochman01

i cant wait till its made! then i can just give wood 2 the NPC's and let them build:D

30. Offline

viv360

So, steaks4uce, did you get started on the plugin. Can't wait!