Message when entering region

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by X0R0N, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Offline

X0R0N

Hi,
    i´m looking for a plugin working with permissions and worldguard defined regions, which shows a user defined message when entering a defined region (instant).

X0R0N

2. Offline

Greylocke

Take a look at EpicZones. It might overlap with some of WG's features though. I use EZ, but not WG.

3. Offline

X0R0N

EZ looks nice, but i cant set multiple owners for defined regions, and i cant set up things like creeper explosions etc.
    But i want that only owners of an region can build there.

4. Offline

enkryptor

Interesting Places, Namespaces

5. Offline

Greylocke

I'm not suggesting that EZ has all the features of WG. I fact, I am not at all familiar with WG since I haven't used it. I installed EZ specifically for the zone entry/exit announcements and it works great. My only suggestion was that you check it out and see if it does what you need.

Regarding the points you mentioned, I did a quick scan of the EpicZones thread:
    • creeper explosions: each zone has an 'explode' setting. False will prevent terrain dmg. You can also turn off the various mob spawns in each zone (no creepers, only neutrals, etc)
    • multiple owners: I'd give zone rights to a group and then assign each user to that group
    • build permissions: set epiczones.[zonename].build for each user or group in your Permissions file
    If you do switch to EZ, the dev even has a nifty WG>>EZ converter for your WG configs. Good luck!

6. Offline

X0R0N

With namespaces and interesting places you can only name areas, but there is no message when entering them.
    Can someone code a plugin which can do this for World Guard regions? I dont want to give up WG.

7. Offline

Greylocke

WG 5 has 'notify-greet' and 'notify-farewall' messages.

8. Offline

valdark

Namespaces does give messages when entering. It hasn't been updated to the latest bukkit but was doing fine on 670.

9. Offline

kripts

world guard?
    /region flag [regionname] greeting [message you want to say]
    do not put the brackets in just change whats inside them to fit