Memory Leaks. Need Support.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by slayr288, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

slayr288

Hey,

I'm getting ridiculous memory leaks/usage, to the point that it's ~1.3G over the allocated memory, with only 3600M allocated..

When I mess with the java garbage collecting flags in my run script, things seem to change, but I just can't get the correct one. Could someone lead me in the right direction of java garbage collecting flags for bukkit? I have 6 CPU cores, so I will take more CPU usage for less memory usage.

Oh, and please don't be one of those people that says it's a plugin, because it does the exact same thing with 0 plugins.

[​IMG]

2. Offline

jorisk322

It's a plugin.

No, but could you give more info on your computer specs, OS, Bukkit build, startup script, plugins, etc?

3. Offline

slayr288

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz (6 Cores)
    Memory: 5.13 GB
    Disk: 162GB HDD

4. Offline

slayr288

jorisk322
    Did you give up on me? :c

-- ** Edit

Just looked at your signature, here's your tag.

5. Offline

jorisk322

No, you didn't tag me :p

I'm not very good at this though. Could you post your startup-script?

6. Offline

LegitMagic

Could there be something in-game causing it? Such as large quantities of dropped items or experience orbs? I'd try running /remove items -1 and /remove xp -1 just to be sure.

Are you up to date?

Could a plugin have manipulated the map in any way even though you deleted the plugins? Some plugins leave behind changes (Such as the notoriously failing orbfuscator). Or perhaps they have just changed something that it doesn't like in general?

I'm clueless (as you can see) but I'm just throwing things out there. Consider this more of a bump, hehe

7. Offline

slayr288

Here's the current one that I am using. It has gotten me to the point that the memory doesn't leak over my quota of memory, but I had to start with 500MB less memory than I used to. The thing is, I forgot what my old start line was.

Code:
    java -Xincgc -Xmx3500M -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    Here's a picture of the memory usage of this line, the black box shows this line's usage, from start up to current.

[​IMG]

As you can see, the memory shoots up at the beginning, going ~1G over the allocated memory, then it decides to be *somewhat* stable.

The lines you see before the black box are start ups, leaks, and crashes of my vps due to no memory.

Maybe TnT can help as he has some experience with java garbage collecting.

--

Option #1: No, as you can see in my memory statistics, this leak happens as soon as the server starts.

Option #2: Yes, I've checked every plugin, and bukkit for updates.

Option #3: Never used map altering plugins, but there is a small possibly something is corrupted from a plugin, but it's doubtful.

--

One more thing, this has been happening since 1.4.7, so don't give me the 1.5.1 isn't supported speech.

8. Offline

TnT

What does the memory usage look like without plugins?

Try running Minecraft Region Fixer on the worlds (all of them). Do you see any areas with a great deal of entities?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.