Inactive [MECH] WirelessRedstone 1.1 ALPHA - No more long RedStone Wires! Go Wireless! [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by WMisiedjan, May 30, 2011.

1. Offline

WMisiedjan

Wireless<font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">Red</font>stone
    Get rid of those Wires!
    You like one of my products? Please donate a little bit so I can buy a second monitor! (To be more productive)

Version: v1.2 Beta - Google Code
    Follow Development Status: Twitter - WMisiedjanTech

With WirelessRedstone you can create connections between to redstone points, When power comes into a Transmitter sign it will create power on a Receiver sign.

I'm currently developing version 1.0 with a lot of new features!
    Check out source code/Development status on:
    https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/

<font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">WARNING:</font>
    Version 0.2 is NOT be compatible with older versions.
    Remove the WirelessRedstone folder in plugins before upgrading!

How does it work?
    * Step 1

- * Place a sign wherever you want the redstone to come from.
    * Place on the first line of the sing: [transmitter] or [WRt]
    * And on the second line any name/number you want. (Channel name)
    - Step 2
    * Place a sign wherever you want the redstone to go to.
    * Type on the first line of the sign: [receiver] or [WRr]
    * And on the second line the SAME name/number that you have typed on the second line of the transmitter. (Channel name)
    - Step 3
    * Power a Redstone to the transmitter sign.
    * Now a power will be created on the receiver sign!
    - Step 4 (Optional)
    * You can now create more Receivers or Transmitters on the same channel or a other channel!

The WRt and WRr tags are available since version 1.0a.

Video Tutorial by <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">John Kapsis</font>: - Updated

Amazing Example by <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">John Kapsis</font>:

Permission Nodes:
    WirelessRedstone.basics - Gives basic access to create signs only for own channel, Delete signs of your own channel, Etc. (This is currently only for commands)
    WirelessRedstone.createsign - Allows user/group to create signs manually.

Commands:
    /WRr Channelname - Create a receiver sign with the given channel at your current location.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrr
    /WRt Channelname - Create a transmitter sign with the given channel at your current location.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrt
    /WRc channelname addowner username - Add's a owner to the given channel, Only if you are a owner of that channel to.
    /WRc channelname removeowner username - Removes a owner from the given channel, Only when you are a owner to.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrc
    /WRhelp pagenumber - Shows help page with commands!
    WirelessRedstone.commands.help
    /WRremove channelname - Delete whole channel from config and delete all signs within the channel.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrremove
    /WRlist - Shows list with all channels and info. Not functional yet.

For access to everthing:
    WirelessRedstone.*
    Everyone than have access to all commands and functions. Although you can only change/access/create signs for your own channels. There is no way yet to manipulate other channels than yours for admins. That's coming soon.

Feutures:
    * Create Wireless Redstone Connections!
    * Mutli-World.
    * Multiple Receivers and Transmitters on a single Channel!
    * Cross World Wireless Redstone Connections! -Not tested yet but it's programmed to work.
    * Unlimited Connections Possible!

Todo/Bugs:
    * Report any bugs/Features here:
    * https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list

Downloads:

* WirelessRedstone V1.2 BETA - <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">Google Code</font> - Fixed almost all bugs!
    * WirelessRedstone V1.1 Alpha - Google Code
    * WirelessRedstone V1.0e Alpha - <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">Google Code</font>
    * WirelessRedstone V1.0b Alpha - Google Code
    * WirelessRedstone V1.0c Alpha - Google Code - Alpha version. WORKING! FINALLY! Improved Performance, Added commands (/wrhelp for command list) (commands to create faster signs!). Fixed chunks being unloaded! (I think).
    * WirelessRedstone V0.2.1 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * WirelessRedstone V0.2 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * WirelessRedstone V0.1.5 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * WirelessRedstone V0.1 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Changelog:
    Version 1.2 BETA
    * Improved stability
    * Fixed converter.
    * Fixed Torch Duplicators
    * Fixed weird error messages in console.
    * Fixed Piston Error's.
    * When there are no more transmitters in a channel, the sign will automatically turn back when a receiver is powered. (requested feature)
    * Channels will now be removed when there are no more receivers or transmitters in a channel!

Show Spoiler
    Version 1.1 ALPHA
    * Fixed all null bugs.
    * How signs are placed are now saved in the config file. (Wall signs are supported!)
    * BACKUP YOUR SETTINGS FILE BEFORE UPGRADING.
    * I DON'T know how its gonna react on new files

Version 1.0e ALPHA
    * Fixed bug with channel overriding.
    * Fixed bug that you could create a redstone torch generator.
    * Fixed debug messages.
    * See <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">http://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/updates/list</font></font> for more changes!
    * Report any bugs/Features requests here:
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list</font></font>

Version 1.0b ALPHA
    * Fixed a lot of bugs.
    * Added commands. (/wrhelp for more info)
    * See <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">http://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/updates/list</font> for more changes!
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list</font>

Version 1.0b ALPHA
    * Fixed bug when placing sign!

Version 1.0a ALPHA
    * Almost everything is rewritten.
    * Shorter tags for signs!
    * New Configuration method for saving and loading.
    * Converter to easily upgrade from 0.2 to 1.0a.
    * Performance fixes/updates.
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">Fixed some bugs</font>
    * Fixed some more bugs that are not shown there.
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list</font>

Version: 0.3 BETA
    * Added support for levers on signs. - NOT TESTED YET.
    * Prevents chunks with WirelessRedstone sign's on it to unload. - NEEDS FAR MORE TESTING.
    * Chunks with sings on it are directly loaded when plugin starts!
    * Fixed some bug that when there is no Receiver and you power a Transmitter a console error shows up.
    * Please help testing!
    * - Released in a hurry. Don't had much time to test things. So help me please? xd

Version: 0.2.1
    * Fixed bug when plugin doesn't work without permissions.

Version: 0.2
    * Multiple Receivers & Transmitters on 1 channel!
    * Channel now not anymore limited to numbers. You can use a Alphanumeric name that fits on the sign line. It's case sensetive.
    * FIXED - Signs now will be removed from config file when removed in world!

Version: 0.1.1
    * Sign's are now delete able and replace able. - FIX
    * Reduced file size ALOT. now only 15kb

Version: 0.1
    * Release of this awesome plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Offline

Yorkiebar

Can you please upload a video to show how to use it cus i cant get it to work :p

3. Offline

WMisiedjan

No WAY! Always when I try to work with Git I somehow get my files removed! Starting again from 0.3 beta :(

Why should you need a password when only you and the admins you have added in your list have access?

That makes no sense? And Thanks for ideas etc! I'm definitely going to try to import some of your ideas. I already did a command that creates a sign automaticlly and fastly and I already imported some more permissions nodes. And I imporved/Fixed a few things within 50 minutes that I had on school. Somehow I deleted everything and I think i'm going to start over and rewrite the most of the things because I think that's even faster/nice/cleaner than the original source.

I'll start rewriting tomorrow with a lot of new features:
    • Open-Source
    • Shorter Sign Tags
    • Admin/Rank Support
    • Old Configuration files will still be backwards compatible!
    • More commands.
    • Fixing a lot of stuff.
    • A lot of things that John Kapsis came up with
    I discovered today that I can focus better on programming when I'm programming on school with Eclipse Portable.

I'll try to make a First Commit with a basic plugin setup on my new Github Repo tonight, First got to do some school things!

First release will not take that long, probably released in the weekends. V

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  4. Offline

John Kapsis

Thank you very much for considering my suggestions!
    And i can hardly wait to see your magic in the code!!!
    I will make a test server and start messing with beta3...

I was thinking what @Lynxdragon said and i think i came up with a much easier system to code(easy for you to make) and use(easy for users to understand and use) to have privacy in your Wireless Redstone channels :)

Here is the idea:
    When a sign is placed the plugin checks if it is a new channel or an existing one.
    If it is a new one it reads the 3rd line of the sign to see if it starts with "*"
    If it does then it marks the channel as PP (password protected) and assigns it the chars in the 3rd line after the "*" as the password.
    If it is an existing channel then it checks if the channel is PP if not then it simply adds the sign as normal, if it is PP then (and ONLY then) it checks if the 3rd line matches the password stored for the channel, if it does it adds it in the list, if it doesn't it gives you an error in the chat and the sign gets destroyed(to avoid any weird quirks later on).
    Note that when you are creating a sign for an existing channel you shouldn't use the "*" and the check should be automatic, meaning if you're making a sign for a PP channel then the check will ALWAYS happen if it is a PP channel and that you can simply put the password in the 3rd line.

Also the command for creating a sign could be "/WRt ChanelName *Pass1234" for a locked channel.
    and the "/WRt ChannelName" can be still used for an unlocked and free to everyone in the server channel.
    Also the creator of the channel should be marked in the channels properties as a channel admin of sorts, that way you can add commands like:
    "/WRrename ChannelName -NewChannelName" to rename open channels
    "/WRrename ChannelName -NewChannelName Pass1234" to rename locked channels
    "/WRpasschange ChannelName pass1234 -newpass" to change passwords
    and even go as far as:
    "/WRaddad ChannelName pass1234 -user" to add an admin in the channels admin list and have more users to be able to manage a channel.

Furthermore that automaticaly gives you the ability to have categories of users! That would be:
    1a.People with no access to any channels
    (self explanatory)
    1b.People with access to open channels(Permission node: "- WirelessRedstone.access"?)
    (can access and create PP channels)
    1c.People with access to PP channels(by way of knowing the password)
    (self explanatory)
    1d.People with full access(Permission node: "- WirelessRedstone.fullaccess"?)
    (That way you could have admins that can manage any sign regardless of password protection, and they could even have access to commands like:
    "/WRrename ChannelName -NewChannelName" to rename open channels
    "/WRrename ChannelName -NewChannelName Pass1234" to rename locked channels
    "/WRpasschange ChannelName pass1234 -newpass" to change passwords)
    Or if you separate the open channels and the locked ones via permissions it goes like:
    2a.People with no access to any channels
    (self explanatory)
    2b.People with access to open channels(Permission node: "- WirelessRedstone.access"?)
    (can access and create open channels and only access PP channels)
    2c.People with access to PP channels(by way of knowing the password)
    (self explanatory)
    2d.People with access to create PP channels(Permission node: "- WirelessRedstone.PPaccess"?)
    (can access and create open and PP channels)
    2e.People with full access(Permission node: "- WirelessRedstone.fullaccess"?)
    (same as 1d.)

The config could look like:
    Code:
    WirelessObjects:
        ChannelName:
            Admins:
            - User
            - User1
            - User2
            PP:
            - True,Pass1234
            Transmitters:
            - 1,1,1,World,User
            - 2,2,2,World,User
            Receivers:
            - 3,3,3,World,User
            - 4,4,4,World,User
    Or if i manage to make you switch to .xml
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
    <WirelessRedstone>
        <ChannelName PP="True" pass="pass1234">
            <admins>
                <admin>user</admin>
                <admin>user1</admin>
                <admin>user2</admin>
            </admins>
            <receivers>
                <receiver>
                    <x>1</x>
                    <y>1</y>
                    <z>1</z>
                </receiver>
                <receiver>
                    <x>2</x>
                    <y>2</y>
                    <z>2</z>
                </receiver>
            </receivers>
            <transmitters>
                <transmiter>
                    <x>3</x>
                    <y>3</y>
                    <z>3</z>
                <transmiter>
                <transmiter>
                    <x>4</x>
                    <y>4</y>
                    <z>4</z>
                <transmiter>
            </transmitters>
        </ChannelName>
    </WirelessRedstone>
    I will not explain right now why .xml will give you so many possibilities more cause this is a long post already!
    BUT i will say that i MUST learn java asap!!!!
    I can actually see the possibilities your plugin brings in!!
    I think that this could be the most wanted plugin in the community after 2 or 3 months if i start pumping you with ideas! i only hope you could have the time to implement them, and if i learn some java i could help really big time.
    Anyway, take care!! Great plugin!!!

EDIT:
    Hmm...
    I build a basic seven segment LED display decoder and used WR for the code transmitting lines!
    I think i should go tape it!
    haha

that makes sense...

I think i got lost in my thoughts there...
    but the
    still stands in my opinion. and the second one is the best way to go...
    NOTE if you do not use a pass then the second list of groups cannot exist.
    i will explain later on why... maybe in a pm cause i really got some GREAT ideas with this!!!

Here!!!

Enjoy!!!
    And join us at kapsishomenet.ftpaccess.cc

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

Lynxdragon

So is my idea going to be implemented? I think that passwords would be a hassle for people to remember and would be easier for the user to just create channel names and not have to worry about 'ohh, some one else might be already using this channel' because channels would be individual to the user.

6. Offline

Ambedrake

idea :

Properties in signs, say I place line 1 and 2 normally and add a line either on 3 or 4 (depending if you add the pp thingy) and use that line as a properties line. Properties would be things such as being a clock/pulsar or a delayed circut etc. So in example my sign could look something like:

[transmitter]
    channel 1
    *somepassword
    Delay: 6s

this would mean that the receivers would not turn into a torch for 6 seconds after the receiver gets triggered, we could also go to the extent of doing the same thing on the receiver sign allowing for custom delays per circut for things such as minecart releases. I trigger a transmitter normally written and say receiver 1 has a 3 second delay it would turn on after three seconds, and receiver 2 has a 6 second delay it would turn on 3 seconds after the previous receiver.

Also if you used the property of "Pulsar" the sign would pulse on and off rapidly or say we use the property "Clock: 5s" every 5 seconds it would change to a torch then 5 seconds back to a sign and so on.

I am sure other properties could be added but these are the ones in my immediate thought process.

If you like the idea let me know ^_^.
    Ambe

7. Offline

John Kapsis

@WMisiedjan

If you make the channels individualto users then some users will Never have access (if you do not add them) and if you add a user into a channel and that user has a channel with the same name? what then??
    if it is user specific it needs a lot of situations to keep in mind.

8. Offline

WMisiedjan

The sign
    The sign just gets automatically deleted on place when the channel already exist or you don't have access to it. I have some time now to code so I'm definitely doing that :D. Source will be soon available on Github. And new version will be hopefully released this weekend!

That are nice ideas. I added them in my todo list although they don't have high Priority for now. And I think the server will lagg a LOT when for example a lot of pulsars are used.

9. Offline

Riolu

Is this workin' for 1.6?

10. Offline

John Kapsis

yes

11. Offline

Riolu

Code:
    14:26:53 [INFO] [VirtualChest] (version 3.9.1)
    14:26:53 [INFO] [VirtualChest] Chests loaded !
    14:26:53 [INFO] [VirtualChest] Successfully linked with Permissions.
    14:26:53 [INFO] [VirtualChest] Successfully linked with iConomy.
    14:26:53 [INFO] Wandmin version 0.35 is enabled
    14:26:53 [INFO] WorldEdit 4.4 enabled.
    14:26:53 [INFO] WorldEdit: Permissions plugin detected! Using Permissions plugin
     for permissions.
    14:26:53 [INFO] WorldGuard: Permissions plugin detected! Using Permissions plugi
    n for permissions.
    14:26:53 [INFO] WorldGuard: (Equestria) Single session is enforced.
    14:26:53 [INFO] WorldGuard: (Equestria) TNT ignition is PERMITTED.
    14:26:53 [INFO] WorldGuard: (Equestria) Lighters are PERMITTED.
    14:26:53 [INFO] WorldGuard: (Equestria) Lava fire is blocked.
    14:26:53 [INFO] WorldGuard: (Equestria) Fire spread is UNRESTRICTED.
    14:26:53 [INFO] WorldGuard: Loaded configuration for world 'Equestria"
    14:26:53 [INFO] WorldGuard: (Equestria_nether) Single session is enforced.
    There's no "WirelessRedstone". I guess, it isn't work :( What do I wrong?

Also, if that's don't hard for you, write some example how to use this plugin.

12. Offline

Ambedrake

you placed the jar file in the minecraft/plugins folder correct?
    if so is the file currently in jar format or is it compressed?
    if it is in jar format try placing an "a" in front of the name in the case another plugin is trying to stop it from loading.
    if this doesnt work please post your current plugins and you structure tree in your plugins folder and we can work from there.

I can confirm this is indeed working on 1.6.6 servers as we are using it on a couple of ours since it came out, so most likely is just a small error somewhere that we need to find out ^_^

13. Offline

randeri221

best plugin i ever used!!!!!
    man thats awsome.
    now i dont need to put so much redstone for my sub way and what ever lol.
    anyway awsome man keep developing plugin!!

14. Offline

John Kapsis

The normal usage.

A small trick you can do.

A working example.

You can visit this server at KapsisHomeNet.ftpAccess.cc !
    Enjoy!!!

Riolu likes this.
  15. Offline

Riolu

Yes, in \plugins, like all another plugins.
    I don't know, compressed it or no, but it .jar, which I download from link.
    I don't know about any "a" o.o
    My plugins:
    [​IMG]

16. Offline

Ambedrake

oh wow that is a lot of plugins lol. What I meant was in the plugins folder to find the WirelessRedstone.jar file and change the name to aWirelessRedstone.jar This usually will put it at the top to load as plugins load alphabetically usually. if that does not work let me know

17. Offline

WMisiedjan

I have no idea,

Tonight I did a LOT of coding. It's currently 3:01 AM at the time of writing. Here is a short list of the things I programmed tonight. It isn't that much, that because I started at 0:00 AM.
    • Finished my all new configuration system, almost.
      It's classed based with Serializable implention so I can save them easily to YML.
    • Took a look at the code of MinecartMania and Implanted a feature they have to. Disable chunk unloading with a configable RANGE of chunks that it needs to keep loaded.
    • Implanted basic features for the sign placements.
    • Added basic support for Options. There are no Options yét. But they save and are loadable in my code.
    TODO:
    • Implant basic WirelessRedstone features.
      I didn't implant yet that a transmitter sends Redstone to a receiver. - Searching for other way to power redstone than replacing by a Redstone Torch.
    • Add Commands. Easier for me to implent now because of my all new configuration system.
    • Get GITHUB working with Eclipse. I just can't get this to work. If someone can help me with this please PM me. It's now on Google Code but I prefer Github but I don't understand GIT. and I understand SVN on windows.

18. Offline

John Kapsis

I wish i could help you man, i really do...

BTW Great work!!!

19. Offline

Riolu

Yeah, I prapare my server :) It will be official server of Russian YTP. I need, REALLY NEED this plugin, because usuall redstone wires very lags! :(
    In \plugins it still WirelessRedstone.jar, not "aWirelessRedstone.jar", I will try to change name. Hope that will help, thank you ;)

Oh, hey! Now it's working! :D

20. Offline

TheCyberShocker

Hey sorry really new to servers and stuff, amazing looking plugin but i have an issue, you stated something like it adds it automatically to config.yml well... mine does not, there for it is not working on the game. Can someone help me?

21. Offline

Lynxdragon

What i ment is that only people with the admin permissions node can create signs for or on anyone elses channel, also a permission to allow people to even make the signs would be used.

22. Offline

TheCyberShocker

Ok i added the code in sign wrong, it auto added, but its still not working haha, help me please? ive followed the tutorial for dumbies or something still no luck.

23. Offline

WMisiedjan

Added new version! Completely rewritten. not recommend if you are upgrading!

24. Offline

Fujikatoma

Dont work :(
    He says "You just extended a chennel!" and nothing will be happen if i klick on the button :(

25. Offline

WMisiedjan

I know, I'm working on the file load error thingy. Just can't figure out how to load them correctly.

26. Offline

Lyze

How Does It Work i don´t Get it?

27. Offline

Drageer

I'm willing to test this out on a test server :D
    I'll get back to you soon.

28. Offline

lipe123

Wow me and a friend was joking about "red-Fi" just a while back and here it is!

First, great idea and awesome plugin but some suggestions/problems.

Suggestions
    • I'd like a configurable range for the "signal" to travel
    • Maybe add another sign called [scanner] that will show channels(in range)?

Problem:
    • It's really easy to dupe redstone torches simply to breaking the torch each time the sign changes to one. I know you said you are working on a fix so I figure you are already aware?

29. Offline

WMisiedjan

Yeah fix for that will be included in the newest version, I didn't programm a thing yesterday so I'll try to fix my new configuration today so I can work on the other things.

30. Offline

John Kapsis

Why is the server log spammed in each redstone state change?
    hmm maybe another option for the log level to be displayed could be sweet!

31. Offline

Stevanov

what version should i use for 860?