Inactive [MECH] WirelessRedstone 1.1 ALPHA - No more long RedStone Wires! Go Wireless! [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by WMisiedjan, May 30, 2011.

1. Offline

WMisiedjan

Wireless<font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">Red</font>stone
    Get rid of those Wires!
    You like one of my products? Please donate a little bit so I can buy a second monitor! (To be more productive)

Version: v1.2 Beta - Google Code
    Follow Development Status: Twitter - WMisiedjanTech

With WirelessRedstone you can create connections between to redstone points, When power comes into a Transmitter sign it will create power on a Receiver sign.

I'm currently developing version 1.0 with a lot of new features!
    Check out source code/Development status on:
    https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/

<font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">WARNING:</font>
    Version 0.2 is NOT be compatible with older versions.
    Remove the WirelessRedstone folder in plugins before upgrading!

How does it work?
    * Step 1

- * Place a sign wherever you want the redstone to come from.
    * Place on the first line of the sing: [transmitter] or [WRt]
    * And on the second line any name/number you want. (Channel name)
    - Step 2
    * Place a sign wherever you want the redstone to go to.
    * Type on the first line of the sign: [receiver] or [WRr]
    * And on the second line the SAME name/number that you have typed on the second line of the transmitter. (Channel name)
    - Step 3
    * Power a Redstone to the transmitter sign.
    * Now a power will be created on the receiver sign!
    - Step 4 (Optional)
    * You can now create more Receivers or Transmitters on the same channel or a other channel!

The WRt and WRr tags are available since version 1.0a.

Video Tutorial by <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">John Kapsis</font>: - Updated

Amazing Example by <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">John Kapsis</font>:

Permission Nodes:
    WirelessRedstone.basics - Gives basic access to create signs only for own channel, Delete signs of your own channel, Etc. (This is currently only for commands)
    WirelessRedstone.createsign - Allows user/group to create signs manually.

Commands:
    /WRr Channelname - Create a receiver sign with the given channel at your current location.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrr
    /WRt Channelname - Create a transmitter sign with the given channel at your current location.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrt
    /WRc channelname addowner username - Add's a owner to the given channel, Only if you are a owner of that channel to.
    /WRc channelname removeowner username - Removes a owner from the given channel, Only when you are a owner to.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrc
    /WRhelp pagenumber - Shows help page with commands!
    WirelessRedstone.commands.help
    /WRremove channelname - Delete whole channel from config and delete all signs within the channel.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrremove
    /WRlist - Shows list with all channels and info. Not functional yet.

For access to everthing:
    WirelessRedstone.*
    Everyone than have access to all commands and functions. Although you can only change/access/create signs for your own channels. There is no way yet to manipulate other channels than yours for admins. That's coming soon.

Feutures:
    * Create Wireless Redstone Connections!
    * Mutli-World.
    * Multiple Receivers and Transmitters on a single Channel!
    * Cross World Wireless Redstone Connections! -Not tested yet but it's programmed to work.
    * Unlimited Connections Possible!

Todo/Bugs:
    * Report any bugs/Features here:
    * https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list

Downloads:

* WirelessRedstone V1.2 BETA - <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">Google Code</font> - Fixed almost all bugs!
    * WirelessRedstone V1.1 Alpha - Google Code
    * WirelessRedstone V1.0e Alpha - <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">Google Code</font>
    * WirelessRedstone V1.0b Alpha - Google Code
    * WirelessRedstone V1.0c Alpha - Google Code - Alpha version. WORKING! FINALLY! Improved Performance, Added commands (/wrhelp for command list) (commands to create faster signs!). Fixed chunks being unloaded! (I think).
    * WirelessRedstone V0.2.1 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * WirelessRedstone V0.2 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * WirelessRedstone V0.1.5 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * WirelessRedstone V0.1 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Changelog:
    Version 1.2 BETA
    * Improved stability
    * Fixed converter.
    * Fixed Torch Duplicators
    * Fixed weird error messages in console.
    * Fixed Piston Error's.
    * When there are no more transmitters in a channel, the sign will automatically turn back when a receiver is powered. (requested feature)
    * Channels will now be removed when there are no more receivers or transmitters in a channel!

Show Spoiler
    Version 1.1 ALPHA
    * Fixed all null bugs.
    * How signs are placed are now saved in the config file. (Wall signs are supported!)
    * BACKUP YOUR SETTINGS FILE BEFORE UPGRADING.
    * I DON'T know how its gonna react on new files

Version 1.0e ALPHA
    * Fixed bug with channel overriding.
    * Fixed bug that you could create a redstone torch generator.
    * Fixed debug messages.
    * See <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">http://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/updates/list</font></font> for more changes!
    * Report any bugs/Features requests here:
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list</font></font>

Version 1.0b ALPHA
    * Fixed a lot of bugs.
    * Added commands. (/wrhelp for more info)
    * See <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">http://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/updates/list</font> for more changes!
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list</font>

Version 1.0b ALPHA
    * Fixed bug when placing sign!

Version 1.0a ALPHA
    * Almost everything is rewritten.
    * Shorter tags for signs!
    * New Configuration method for saving and loading.
    * Converter to easily upgrade from 0.2 to 1.0a.
    * Performance fixes/updates.
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">Fixed some bugs</font>
    * Fixed some more bugs that are not shown there.
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list</font>

Version: 0.3 BETA
    * Added support for levers on signs. - NOT TESTED YET.
    * Prevents chunks with WirelessRedstone sign's on it to unload. - NEEDS FAR MORE TESTING.
    * Chunks with sings on it are directly loaded when plugin starts!
    * Fixed some bug that when there is no Receiver and you power a Transmitter a console error shows up.
    * Please help testing!
    * - Released in a hurry. Don't had much time to test things. So help me please? xd

Version: 0.2.1
    * Fixed bug when plugin doesn't work without permissions.

Version: 0.2
    * Multiple Receivers & Transmitters on 1 channel!
    * Channel now not anymore limited to numbers. You can use a Alphanumeric name that fits on the sign line. It's case sensetive.
    * FIXED - Signs now will be removed from config file when removed in world!

Version: 0.1.1
    * Sign's are now delete able and replace able. - FIX
    * Reduced file size ALOT. now only 15kb

Version: 0.1
    * Release of this awesome plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Offline

NewAgeGilgamesh

My first problem was I didn't have permissions installed. Then I messed up permissions. Now it works nearly perfectly. I had a couple connection problems between a few, but changing their names or positions fixed it all up.
    I can even make a powerplant now to house everything =3

3. Offline

MXM48

Does this require permissions to work? if so, is it possible to make it so people who do not have permissions installed can use it?

4. Offline

WMisiedjan

It should also work as OP only.

Today I don't have very much time to code, I'll try to get something done. But most of the day I need to study.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  5. Offline

King_KYl3

ok so is there gonna be a fix for this error i keep getting also i am running round 10 plugins not using permissions so can you please help

6. Offline

sventi83

Im having issues using this with permissions. Myself, as admin, can do whatever I want ^^ but when others place the sign and using the relevant commands, the sign pops back out. They have the node as desribed in OP, but they still gets a message saying they aren't allowed.
    I suspect the problem lies with my setup, but does anybody else have this problem?
    version: wirelessRedstone 0.2, permission 3.1, CB rb818

btw, I have similar errors in my server.log, which I managed to re-create by activate a transmitter-sign, with no receiver-sign. Cant really tell if this is the problem with your setup, but thougt I toss in my two cents. :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

Selek

Tested on a clean install of Bukkit with an op without success. Received the same errors as on my other server.

Amazing idea though keep working on it. I can't wait till its working. I am already designing most of my buildings around the idea of wireless redstone.

8. Offline

Starfiber

Using Permissions and changing 'WirelessRedstone.createsign' to 'WirelessRedstone.*' fixed the problem for me.
    Had the same error as mentioned by other people earlier. It does not work for me without permissions although it says in the server Permissions not found, using OP.
    Working like a charm now, thanks for the plugin WMisiedjan

9. Offline

Selek

What plugin do you use to heal explosions on your server?

Fixed my problem.

Turns out it was a lack of a permissions plugin. I run a small LAN server for a few friends and I had just been making us all OPs. It seems to fix the issue for everyone else you just need to make it default to OP settings correctly? It's just a guess as I'm not a coder.

Anyone having the problem who can't wait for the fix, I recommend getting a permissions plugin to use.

Thanks again WMisiedjan

10. Offline

John Kapsis

It's a combination of BukkitPiston and WirelessRedstone.
    You can visit the server ( i am there most of the time ) and i will be happy to show you how!
    the address is kapsishomenet.ftpaccess.cc i hope to see you there!

11. Offline

Wolfman2307

I love this plugin! It is perfect! Nice and simple. Works great on #820. Looking forward to seeing what you add!

12. Offline

WMisiedjan

Thanks for nice comments! Will fix permissions tonight and I'll see what I can do about keeping chunks alive.

13. Offline

King_KYl3

will this plugin work with op soon cuz i dunno how to use permissons

14. Offline

Deathlysteve-

uhh thanks its a madd plugin... got it working perfectly and all, but just one question...
    HOW DO YOU DELETE RECEIVERS WITHOUT THEM POPPING UP AGAIN??
    this is really irritaing :L is there gonna be a way to delete in new update?

15. Offline

Adsa

dowsn't work, get "could not pass event REDSTONE_CHANGE to WirelessRedtsone" all the time :/

Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not pass event REDSTONE_CHANGE to WirelessRedstone
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WirelessRedstoneConfiguration.getBlocks(WirelessRedstoneConfiguration.java:292)
        at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WirelessRedstoneBlockListener.onBlockRedstoneChange(WirelessRedstoneBlockListener.java:57)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$32.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:461)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
        at net.minecraft.server.BlockSign.doPhysics(BlockSign.java:123)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:397)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:376)
        at net.minecraft.server.BlockRedstoneWire.g(BlockRedstoneWire.java:52)
        at net.minecraft.server.BlockRedstoneWire.doPhysics(BlockRedstoneWire.java:289)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:397)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:376)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.update(World.java:345)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.setData(World.java:287)
        at net.minecraft.server.BlockLever.interact(BlockLever.java:161)
        at net.minecraft.server.BlockLever.b(BlockLever.java:135)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:459)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:217)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:401)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

16. Offline

WMisiedjan

Will test this on the newest build an try to update within a hour. I have a hour on school to develop :D

Released WirelessRedstone V0.2.1 - Fast Permission fix.

17. Offline

John Kapsis

did you manage to check the bug that you can add signs only at the least created channel??

18. Offline

King_KYl3

Thank You so Much For The fix dude Love it i Respect You Thanks XD

19. Offline

John Kapsis

this was in the console each time the sign should change state
    Is there a reason that the sign in red is only on??? is it too far away???
    maybe you could make an option for the distance in wireless!
    or even have a setting for diferent groups!!!

Also i found a "feature"
    it made making signs a lot faster!
    I made a video but it takes for hours! 1080p ;)

sventi83 likes this.
  20. Offline

WMisiedjan

is it red in Notepad++?

21. Offline

King_KYl3

This plugin is mad but only one major problem every one is having that you carnt delete receivers i have this problem to :( hopfully you brig out a fix soon :D

22. Offline

Casier

Thx, verry cool concept

I have a problem whith groupmanager, on y serv, i'm Admin, so i con make WirelessRedstone with sign, but the membre of my serv can't use WirelessRedstone, when he make a transmitter/receiver sign, ha has a message "you can't make WirelessRedstone sign..." while i have add in group manager the permission : WirelessRedstone.createsign

It's me or the plugin ?

23. Offline

maetthew

+1

Otherwise, VERY cool plugin! Good work!

24. Offline

WMisiedjan

I wrote the permission node wrong, It's WirelessRedstone.placesign

25. Offline

Casier

--', Thx it's Works

26. Offline

WMisiedjan

Currently busy with the anti-chunk loading but I somehow messed up my Configration creator/loader. Fixing that now. You can expect update within 2 hours.

27. Offline

John Kapsis

No, i made it red here to show you which sign doesn't work!
    BUT i managed to make it work...

Also i have some more info...
    • Some times the signs doesn't work and me thinking it was all the signs was stupid.... :eek:
    • I can't find some pattern when they don't work to help you further but this is what i do to "make" a specific channel work.
    • Either i will delete the one entry of that sign and reload plugins
    • And if that won't work then i use a "trick" i discovered... Below is a video showing what i mean by trick.
    • And if all fails then i delete every sign of the channel and delete that entire channel from the config.
    I also wanted to make some suggestions and feature requests if that is ok.
    • Sorter sign tags! Something really sort to make things go faster in our builds (i had to type 56 signs today for a creation!) Something like [WRt] for transmitters and [WRr] for receivers!
    • Maybe i could have the option to use a command instead of placing a sign? For example something like "/WRt az123" would create a [transmitter] (or even better [WRt]) sign with channel name "az123" at where the player is standing!
    • Adding a command that would give me a few statistics, something like total transmitter signs("/WRTlist"?) or total receiver signs("/WRRlist"?), also each player how many signs they have placed("/WRplayers"?)
    • Making the signs keep the chunks loaded! With the possibilities that this plugin brings insane creations will take place but as you know not always not everything is always loaded in our world to save memory, this must be fixed if huge contraptions are to be made! Afforess, the developer of Minecart Mania has this as a feature for minecarts, maybe you could talk with him and get an insight on how this is possible. (in fact currently i am placing a single rail track and 1 minecart and place it in the circuit area to keep everything loaded:))
    So what do you think about all of the above?!
    Any good ideas in there?
    Do you think we could have a look at the source? or is it a closed project?

EDIT
    OMG i just saw that you are adding chunk loading support! i'm sorry....

28. Offline

jalle1997

Nice Plugin you got there keep updating

29. Offline

Lynxdragon

Can we get it done so that only signs placed by a user can be interacted with. Ill explain;
    Lynxdragon Makes a Transmitter with the ID 'Lynx'
    Rocketman Makes a Reciever with the ID 'Lynx'
    Those 2 are now connected, Damit Rocket stop fiddle'n with my stuff.

Suggestion, 1st line is either [Transmitter] or [Reciever]
    2nd line is the network the T and R use.
    3rd line is the network, By default your name is automatically used unless specified(only admins can specify)
    4th line is 'Whatever you want', in other words a note.

So as a demonstration, Lynxdragon makes these 2 signs;
    Code:
    [Transmitter]
    Lynx
    Lynxdragon
    Front Door
    and
    Code:
    [Reciever]
    Lynx
    Lynxdragon
    Front Door
    Would not interact with these 2 signs with the same ID made by Rocketman even tho the transmitterid(channel) is the same ;
    Code:
    [Transmitter]
    Lynx
    Rocketman
    Front Door
    and
    Code:
    [Reciever]
    Lynx
    Rocketman
    Front Door
    Thus meaning that people cant tamper with each-others wifi signs. This is how plugins like Stargate work, look it up if you need more info on understanding the concept.

This would be very helpful if this was added.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Pretty much grouping so stuff doesn't conflict between users.

30. Offline

WMisiedjan

Thanks for all that feedback! I'll do my best!

Thanks for all your support, Please test my Beta 3! I'd like you as Official Tester of my plugin!

Source will be as soon as possible on Github! First need to understand some Git xd.

Currently adding more permissions nodes and adding support for commands.

There will be a backwards compatible change in the config.yml. Channels are going to have multiple owners that only the original owner can add other owners. Also adding extra commands for multiple things.
    I'm going to try to add support for Statics, And will add some commands that John Kapsis said in his other post.

31. Offline

John Kapsis

$#^@!^#$^$#!~$#
    I was writing a HUGE post here and i accidentaly pressed reload page...
    :mad::(:mad::(:mad:

Re-posting cause of new and extra things i wanted to say.