[MECH] Unknown Command v1.7 - Returns "Unknown Command" messages [818]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by LRFLEW, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Offline

LRFLEW

Unknown Command - Returns "Unknown Command" messages

As of a recent build, CraftBukkit had an "Unknown Command" message (although there are two of them). As of UC 1.2, this plugin now instead allows for custom UC messages to be sent to the player. All you have to do is run the plugin once, and edit the file at /plugins/UC/Messages.txt. You can have more than one message (separated by lines) and it will randomly choose which one to say to the player. Here is an example of that.

Features:
    • Returns custom "Unknown Command" from a txt file whenever a command doesn't exist.
    Download (to all my projects and source):
    http://lrflew.ismywebsite.com/bukkit.html
    Mirror:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22202470/UC.jar
    Source: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22202470/UC.zip

*Licence Notice*
    There has been some confusion about what kinds of permissions I'm giving for this, particularly with @544nick101 trying to make a branch. From here on out, Unknown Command is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license with attribution being linking back to this forum thread and mentioning my username LRFLEW.

Changelog:
    • 1.7: Removed redundant source code hidden in the jar file
    • 1.6: "\g" now returns the command used and fixed bug with commands with '/' in them (special thanks to Cutch)
    • 1.5: Set universally to getDataFolder() to fix any errors
    • 1.4: added ebean dependency
    • 1.3: Now Messages.txt allows colors with "\[0-F]" ("\\" makes a backslash). This should help unicode errors. Also includes small coding changes.
    • 1.2: Now has another file at "plugins/UC/Messages.txt" to put custom messages. To prevent the default message from appearing, I have to cancel missing commands, so any unruly commands not in "plugins/UC/Commands.txt" may not run at all and the console will no longer say "LRFLEW issued server command: apple". If requested, I'll make it return it again.
    • 1.1: As per request, the file with default commands has been moved from "UC.txt" to "plugins/UC/Commands.txt". You happy now?
    • 1.0: Added a txt file that will install itself to the server's folder containing the default commands of CraftBukkit. You can add any commands not properly working with this in that file and reload the file even while running the server with "/uc reload" (no "/" if ran from the console; OPs are the only players that can run this command)
    • 0.6: Added missing CraftBukkit commands and created a static TreeSet for faster command checking.
    • 0.5: Added an Enum to check if the command is a command built into CraftBukkit itself.
    • 0.4: uses onPlayerCommandPreproccess() and server.getPluginCommand() to find unknown commands.
    • 0.3: now uses short call (0.2 works on latest build with warning, but 0.3 won't work with old builds)
    • 0.2.1: ACTUALLY changed the package, both the actual one and the one in plugin.yml :p
    • 0.2: changed package name to comply with EvilSeth's request
    • 0.1: First Itteration (note: some plugins don't cancel their events, making this plugin say "Unknown Command" to actuall commands. It's not my fault)

2. Offline

LRFLEW

This really isn't needed so much anymore because there is already an "unknown command" like message in bukkit. I agree this needs work, but I really have no clue where to go with this.

If anybody else does, I would be willing to pass on the project.

3. Offline

Pythros

Why does it need an update? Works fine for me in 1550.

4. Offline

544nick101

@LRFLEW Can i take this on. Like update it and add some of my ideas to it?

5. Offline

kahlilnc

That would be awesome :D

6. Offline

544nick101

:D

7. Offline

544nick101

Hello, I Have Updated This Plugin
    Unknown Command
    Same Thing As v1.7 But Updated To CB 1566 And Edited A Lot Of Code
    Waiting For @LRFLEW To Approve Of This :p

kahlilnc likes this.
  8. Offline

kahlilnc

Start a thread please :D. And I remember removing all text would come up as a space with nothing there. Could you make it so nothing comes up in chat? Lol that made no sense. I hope it does

9. Offline

544nick101

I'm waiting for @LRFLEW to approve of it before i make a thread but i will when (s)he gets back to me. What do you mean "make it so nothing comes up in chat" if you delete all the text in the Messages.txt file it should say nothing. If that's what you want. If it doesn't work i can make a modified one for you...

10. Offline

kahlilnc

I removed everything in the message.yml and I still get the red UNKNOWN command thingy ;(

11. Offline

544nick101

Thats the default ill make one just for you....

@kahilinc here you go
    Unkown Command For kahilinc

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  12. Offline

kahlilnc

;( Every time you do a command that usually gets the error a blank space comes up. :O That is what I was talking about.

13. Offline

544nick101

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  14. Offline

nggmc

Nice Plugin!waiting for this for a while.

15. Offline

Dzsipszi

Unkown Command don't work with 1.2.3 build

16. Offline

Don Redhorse

17. Offline

Egor33345

Can do for 1.2?

18. Offline

md_5

Long time no see LRFLEW. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5