[MECH/SEC] CreativeStick v0.8 - Build, replace, or remove blocks at a distance [1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by sunkid, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sunkid

CreativeStick
    Build, replace, or remove blocks at a distance

All updates and project support is now handled on our DevBukkit site!

Rwembee, andrewkm, Freakmiko and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

Lavan

I see there's some discussion regarding fluids. Would it be possible to add an option to ignore fluids, especially water. I'm currently building some stuff underwater and when the water bursts in CreativeStick will start to remove the water instead of the blocks behind the water which is quite irritating.

3. Offline

sunkid

I have this on my list as I have noticed the same thing!

4. Offline

Dorest0rm

Any CS command actually causes this top happen.

5. Offline

sunkid

Any other errors before that when CS was loaded?

Could you do me a favor and install this version, restart your server and then post the entire server log from the moment of the restart to pastebin.com and send me a link (via email is fine, or post it here). I'll have a look at it then.

6. Offline

sunkid

Thank you for posting the details of your problem. It always helps to get more information than just a simple "your stuff broke my computer" :) And I love your language in the last two paragraphs... where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

As for the actual error, it sounds like you suffered a corrupted user data file. The error message you posted does not point to CreativeStick as the source of it, but I cannot 100% preclude that possibility either just from that. However, the only interactions that CreativeStick has with a players inventory are to put things into it and to check whether the player is currently holding the item designated to be the tool (typically, a stick). It only uses the bukkit API and if that indeed should have caused your problem, it would be a problem with code inside of bukkit.

I think it is most likely that your use of CreativeStick and whatever corrupted your player's data file were separate events that just happened at the same time. It's no fun when something like this happens, but I hope you give CreativeStick another try! You might want to use a throw-away world first though or make a backup.

7. Offline

Nijikokun

I might pick iStick back up, I hate voxelsniper and this doesn't support wool correctly or just bugs out on certain things, nice pickup though.

8. Offline

sunkid

I have implemented this in 0.5.0, check it out!
    [MERGETIME="1299886285"][/MERGETIME]
    Yes, the item specification is lacking the data part, which I am working on. What is it bugging out on?

How about we continue working on this together? I don't see a point for you to go back to your code and re-implement all the new features that people seem to like.

9. Offline

Benie

This looks somewhat interesting, but I'd like to see a video of this in action.

10. Offline

sunkid

I'll post one next week, but give it a try, it's really simple: you turn the tool on (just '/cs -t', you don't even need to hold a stick anymore), you select an item to build with (e.g. '/cs -b stone') and you start putting them down where you want by just aiming there. Right-click to remove what you placed or switch mode to replace instead of placing ('/cs -r').

11. Offline

ScottSpittle

can u please get creative stick to work with permission 0.99d

12. Offline

Dorest0rm

Hm, a reinstall of the server has fixed my problem, which was due after a admin messed up stuff.

13. Offline

Bronski

I was having an issue last night. All I ever used was /is -r, and it was working, but then suddenly it wouldn't remove stone at all. I'm not prepared to blame this addon though. Voxel was having some buggy issues as well as MinecartMania the other night, ones that didn't go away until I rebooted the server. Just reporting it in case I did something wrong or there are more reports. If it persists or annoys me enough, I'll pull out all the other plugins and try to test it extensively. I'm still on CB522 for reference.

14. Offline

TheDarkness73

DOes this allow the destroying of adminium? I need a plugin to destroy adminium

15. Offline

AdmiralKnight

Ok, so I'm a bit confused. The old iStick was really straightforward. Hold a stick, right click, and it deletes blocks. Now this seems to randomly stop deleting after being enabled. Not only does it stop deleting bricks, but it sometimes will add an item to my inventory every time I click. Would there be a way to set it up so that it only uses the delete function? I used iStick in tandem with Voxel Sniper. Sniper to build, stick to delete. Either the plugin doesn't work that well, or I'm doing something wrong (probably the latter).

16. Offline

the1980man

Hi guys! I have problems with installing this plugin to my bukkit server. Is there anything more that CreativeStick.jar that I need in my plugins directory to get the plugin to work? It seems like the plugin needs some zipfile. This is what I get when I try to start the server with CreativeStick.jar included:

2011-03-15 14:33:11 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins/CreativeStick.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:65)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:94)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:58)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:187)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:174)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:120)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:227)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:131)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:150)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:114)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:52)

17. Offline

sunkid

Wool and the different type of log blocks are now fully supported. I think I also found most of the bugs but would still appreciate some feedback on what you are having issues with.

You shouldn't ever have to remove any of the player data files after using CreativeStick. Please give the new version a try, as 0.5.0 indeed was buggy [​IMG]

This was probably one of the issues with the 0.5.0 release. It should work now with 0.5.1.

Yes, it will let you build or replace with any type of block and also lets you remove any type of block. Even down to the last layer of bedrock, if you change the default configuration in plugins/CreativeStick/config.yml (created after a first load of the plugin)

Sorry about that, this was a bug introduced in 0.5.0 and corrected in 0.5.1. Please give the new version a try!

This looks like an incomplete or corrupted download of your plugin jar file. Simply remove plugins/CreativeStick.jar and re-download directly from github.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  18. Offline

ctshiner

I'm getting some humongous errors with both v0.5.0 and 0.5.1. Here's just a snippet of my 25MB log file thats only been on an hour:

Code:
    2011-03-15 16:28:35 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to CreativeStick
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.creativestick.ConfigurationService.getIgnored(Unknown Source)
        at com.nijikokun.bukkit.istick.Stick.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.creativestick.CSPlugin.getStick(Unknown Source)
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.creativestick.CSPlayerListener.checkStatus(Unknown Source)
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.creativestick.CSPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:162)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:98)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:87)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:27)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:87)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
    2011-03-15 16:28:35 [INFO] iGive2Bucks has logged in for the first time.
    2011-03-15 16:28:35 [INFO] iGive2Bucks [/76.180.162.143:49582] logged in with entity id 361
    2011-03-15 16:28:35 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to CreativeStick
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.creativestick.ConfigurationService.getIgnored(Unknown Source)
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.creativestick.CSPlayerListener.checkStatus(Unknown Source)
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.creativestick.CSPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:98)
    2011-03-15 16:28:36 [INFO] flicker has logged in for the first time.
    2011-03-15 16:28:36 [INFO] flicker [/46.7.55.174:49727] logged in with entity id 438
    2011-03-15 16:28:36 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to CreativeStick
    2011-03-15 16:28:36 [INFO] Nelon has logged in for the first time.
    2011-03-15 16:28:36 [INFO] Nelon [/95.150.19.119:53637] logged in with entity id 440
    2011-03-15 16:28:36 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to CreativeStick
    I'm using CB b541

19. Offline

sunkid

This should not have happened! Is this an upgrade from an earlier version? You can fix quickly by updating your config.yml file with the settings.ignored field but I will push a fixed version in a second.

PS: I just realized that this is probably caused by an invalid item specification for the items to be ignored. Make sure you set up that configuration parameter correctly. I'll post a fix for this anyways, as the error should not happen!

20. Offline

ctshiner

You're most likely exactly right, as I wasn't sure the format to add more than one ignored item. Would this work?

Code:
        # the types of blocks to treat as transparent (list by id or name or fuzzy string
        ignore:
            - 'air'
            - '8'
            - '9'

21. Offline

sunkid

Yes, that should work as would
    Code:
    ignore:
        - 'stationary water'
    There is no need to quote the numbers and air is always ignored.

22. Offline

Nijikokun

when deleting / removing or replacing sometimes it gets stuck and just does nothing and ignores blocks as if there is nothing there from time to time, really wish I had an error message but it doesn't ever produce one, was going to debug it however became busy over the past few days.

23. Offline

sunkid

If you have the chance, check out the latest version. There was a bug that I fixed that probably would have caused this.

24. Offline

the1980man

Thanks a lot! It pluged in and initiated correctly now.

25. Offline

username

Is there a way to make it stop announcing "You are now using CreativeStick" every time you switch to using a stick? Other than that I'm really enjoying this plug-in!

A simple toggle in the config file would work just fine. =)

Also found a bug. (Version 0.5.2)

1) Place the stick in slot 1 with nothing else in your inventory.
    2) Move your SELECTION to the second slot in your inventory.
    3) Type /cs -t
    4) Type /cs -t again and the client will lock up and crash.

After I logged back in the stick now appears to be in the second slot instead of the first slot
    where I left it.

The console doesn't provide any information that looks like it could be helpful.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Offline

plage

Same here, running the latest version. It seems to affect individual users rather then the entire server at a time (meaning it's been buggy for me, yet fine for another player at the same time).

27. Offline

Criixx

Code:
    2011-03-18 11:22:11 [INFO] [CreativeStick 0.5.2] Using GroupManager permissions
    2011-03-18 11:22:11 [SEVERE] org.anjocaido.groupmanager.GroupManager.getWorldsHolder()Lorg/anjocaido/groupmanager/dataholder/worlds/WorldsHolder; loading CreativeStick v0.5.2 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.anjocaido.groupmanager.GroupManager.getWorldsHolder()Lorg/anjocaido/groupmanager/dataholder/worlds/WorldsHolder;
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.permissions.PermissionHandlerService.getHandler(Unknown Source)
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.creativestick.CSPermissionHandler.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.creativestick.ConfigurationService.getPermissionHandler(Unknown Source)
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.creativestick.CSPlugin.setup(Unknown Source)
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.creativestick.CSPlugin.onEnable(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:451)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:217)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:83)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)

28. Offline

sunkid

I added the configuration parameter and a workaround for the bug you found. I think this was introduced in bukkit sometime after the 526 build of craftbukkit, as I definitely tested this use case when I introduced the feature.

I cannot reproduce this error with the latest GroupManager release. What version of GroupManager are you using?

I have to look into this on a server with more people logged in than just me.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  29. Offline

Nijikokun

nope it's even worse, now it takes between 8 - 20 seconds to delete one block.

30. Offline

turntaker

HOW di i get more money in Icnomoy thx

31. Offline

sunkid

What versions are you comparing? Nothing changed in that part of the code in the last three releases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.