[MECH/SEC] CreativeStick v0.8 - Build, replace, or remove blocks at a distance [1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by sunkid, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sunkid

CreativeStick
    Build, replace, or remove blocks at a distance

All updates and project support is now handled on our DevBukkit site!

Rwembee, andrewkm, Freakmiko and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

aljosha123

I have a problem minecraft/CreativeStick say /cs toogle: access denied
    /cs help:access denied
    /cs build:access denied.....
    Please help :(

I have the same problem as Murbish

3. Offline

sunkid

What do you use as a permission system? In other words, how do you tell your server that you're the boss?
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 4:11 PM ---
    I have noticed some wonkiness with the target block algorithm myself. I have not had a chance to look at that part of the code in more detail, it is pretty much the same as I inherited it. Have you tried disabling and re-enabling cs to see if that cures it?

4. Offline

aljosha123

I have the same problem as Murbish and i have tell the server that i'm the admin i have write me in the "admin" group i can use another commands but at some plugins work's not :(

5. Offline

sunkid

For the time being, you can specifically assign the 'creativestick.use' and 'creativestick.config' permissions in plugins/CreativeStick/config.yml. I will make sure that CS honors admin privileges in the future automatically though.

6. Offline

aljosha123

Now work nothing Minecraft/CreativeStick don't say /cs help:access denied
    /cs build:access denied.....

7. Offline

sunkid

Can you help me understand your situation better? What do you mean by "Now working nothing"? Did you try '/cs' or '/cs -h'? The tool is disabled by default, you can turn it on with '/cs -t'. Does it work then?

If CS doesn't work, please post any error messages in your log and your plugins/CreativeStick/config.yml file so I can better assist you.

8. Offline

aljosha123

when i write anyone /cs command say me Minecraft server console This is no command press help.....

PS: Sry for my bad english i'm a 13 old boy(german)

9. Offline

sunkid

Dann versuchen wir es eben auf Deutsch! :)

Wenn keiner der CS Befehle funktioniert, ist CS wahrscheinlich nicht installiert or korrekt initialisiert worden. Schau mal in Deinem server.log nach ob es da Fehlermeldungen gegeben hat als CS geladen worden ist. Wenn Du keine Fehlermeldungen findest, versuche es mal mit einem der Alternativbefehle ('/is', '/istick', oder '/cstick').

aljosha123 likes this.
  10. Offline

aljosha123

Ohh okay noch ein Deutscher :)

Wie sieht es denn aus wenn es einen Fehler gibt?

11. Offline

sunkid

Schau' mal ob Du 'SEVERE' in dem log findest. Für CS, sieht es ungefähr so aus:
    Code:
    2011-03-04 20:38:01 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins/CreativeStick.jar in plugins: null

12. Offline

aljosha123

Nein das finde ich nicht :( bzw es ist nicht da und ich habe ja auch bukkit_update und seitdem ich die neuste bukkit Version drauf habe funzt auch das "creativ" Plugin nicht mehr was ich als sehr wichtig imfunden habe....
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 5:31 PM ---
    Zb MusicCraft Funktioniert auch nicht er sagt mir immer "You have no permission..."

Habe eben nochmal mit iZone probier funkioniert auch nicht ich schätze mal es liegt an Permission...
    iZone funzt doch...

oder auch nicht ich kann zwar den bereich markieren aber wenn ich /zone eingebe oder irgendein command von "iZone" dann sagt mir die Console Gibts ned...

13. Offline

Murbish

I op'd myself in the .txt

How do I assign the 'creativestick.use' and 'creativestick.config' exactly?

14. Offline

Jademalo

Its random wether or not it will. But sometimes ittl behave fine.

15. Offline

sunkid

I just released a new version that should fix it. Try it out. If it is still broken, it would be a bug in bukkit as I am now using its method to determine the targeted block.
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 7:29 PM ---
    The release I just put up should fix this and you wouldn't need to assign the permissions manually. If you still want to, you would have to do it in plugins/CreativeStick/config.yml. The bottom of that file has the documentation for the permissions.
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 7:31 PM ---
    Es klingt ganz so, als ob bei Dir noch ein paar andere Sachen nicht ganz so funktionieren wie sie sollen. Schau mal, dass Du Deinen server richtig konfiguriert hast!

16. Offline

Jademalo

Working perfectly. thanks a ton!

17. Offline

Murbish

Works great now, thank you :)

18. Offline

aljosha123

Ich glaube es liegt an permissions :( weil er sagt mir ja immer das ich probs mit permissions habe...

19. /cs -td does not work.
    It just says all the time "Drops have been enabled", doesn't matter how often I type it.
    Please fix it D:

(Build 493 (?, I got the last recommned build, Version 0.4.14)

20. Offline

aljosha123

Okay habe permissions problem gelöst lag daran das die config.yml ned so hieß sondern permissions.yml aber die /cs command funzen immer noch nicht er sagt immer noch "Access denied"

21. Offline

Jandalf

kopier deine yml file ma zu pastebin.com und gib mir den link per conversation, dann kann ich dir da weiterhelfen.
    in einem englischen forum ist es ein bissl unhöflich in einer anderen sprache zu reden...

english text:
    i advise him to discuss it in a PM.

22. Offline

plage

one of the things that I loved about the older versions of iStick was how it worked with water and lava, the replacement tool was a great way to smooth out lakes and pools, but somewhere along the line that ability was changed and using iStick/CreativeStick on water or lava just creates a horrible mess...

Is there any way to improve it's interaction with these types of blocks?

(to give an example, if you have an area of mostly still water but with some disturbances in it, you could use the replacement function of the stick to replace the running blocks and smooth everything out, this now seems impossible with the current plugin)

23. Offline

sintri

Request for drops as well.

24. Offline

Dorest0rm

For some reason it doesnt work at all for me.

Ingame it says: An internal error occured while attempting to perform this command

And my console displays

Code:
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'cs' in plugin CreativeStick v0.4.16
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:33)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:183)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:619)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:582)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:576)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.nijikokun.bukkit.istick.IStick.onCommand(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:31)
        ... 12 more

25. Offline

ScottSpittle

i get the following error on CB Build 493..
    Groupmanager Alpha2

and i also get the clash with worldedit.. (invalid arguments...)

26. Offline

sunkid

Thanks for your help, Jandalf! I was busy screwing up my github repository yesterday and it was I who had started the whole German sub-thread. Sorry about that!
    [MERGETIME="1299607538"][/MERGETIME]
    FIXED!
    [MERGETIME="1299608071"][/MERGETIME]
    Yeah, I had not thought of that use case and I can see what is happening. On the other hand, the way it currently works, you can build yourself awesome looking waterfalls or use it to climb out of a very deep hole ;)

I will look into making it work both ways. Would having 'stationary water' replacing flowing, regular 'water' work for you (same for lava)?
    [MERGETIME="1299608143"][/MERGETIME]
    Can you provide more detail on what commands cause this error, please?
    [MERGETIME="1299608241"][/MERGETIME]
    Your error doesn't look like it is in CreativeStick. Does it go away when you remove CS temporarily?

Also, the aliases '/is', '/istick', and '/cstick' work the same as '/cs' and were meant to work around the incompatibility with WorldEdit. Do those work for you?

27. Offline

ScottSpittle

yeah. but the plugin jsut dont work.. dont know why

28. Offline

sunkid

Well, without more detail, I am afraid it is hard for me to help you. Again, your first comment has errors that are not from my plugin but from something called DeathChest. What happens when you temporarily uninstall DeathChest? Do you see any messages from CreativeStick in your server log?

Make sure to read plugins/CreativeStick/config.yml, especially the bottom section about permissions. You must either use that file or Permissions or GroupManager to give yourself permission to use CreativeStick.

29. Offline

ScottSpittle

after updating to 4.20 still refuses to work.. i have permission becuase (im admin *and )i can see the help page and toggle usage.. but when i actually right click or left click nothing happens.. it refuses to remove blocks. im on CB458

And there are no errors printed in console.. lool

30. Offline

plage

That is what I have used in the past (replacing moving/flowing water or lava with its stationary counterpart), so I think that should still work.

Also, a big thank you for continuing work on this plugin, it's greatly appreciated.

31. Offline

sunkid

That sounds frustrating! Let's got back to basics (just making sure, not saying you don't know this already):
    1. grab a stick (i.e. select a stick in your inventory)
    2. turn CS on ('/cs -t' or '/cs -b <item>' or '/cs -r <item>')
    3. left- and right-click away
    If nothing is happening, turn on debug ('/cs config debug true') and watch your server log for any messages about actions being undone. If those show, it's a protection plugin doing its work. If nothing shows up in the log, I am stumped.[MERGETIME="1299741087"][/MERGETIME]
    This should work again now, give it a try. Lava, for some reason is behaving a bit odd still. It seems that replacing only works under some conditions, something I need to play around some more with.

FWIW, I implemented "natural drops" as a configuration option. If set to true, blocks will produce only those items they would produce if they were mined normally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.