[MECH] RedstoneChips 0.97 - Integrated circuits plugin [1.5.1-R0.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by eisental, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Offline

eisental

RedstoneChips 0.97 / BasicCircuits 0.97 / SensorLibrary 0.34
    (Last update on April 30th, 2013, cb 1.5.1-R0.2)

[​IMG]

Features:
    • Build chips with any number of input and output pins, from compact 2 block chips up to whatever you can imagine.
    • Choose from over 50 different chip types and several 3rd party chip libraries.
    • Most chip types can work with a wide or infinte range of i/o configurations. Sign arguments allow you to customize chip behavior.
    • Chips can communicate through redstone, or directly by touching each other. Some chip types can also communicate over wireless channels.
    • Chips can be built in almost any imaginable structure allowing very compact circuits.
    • Debug and maintain large projects using various tools and commands.
    [​IMG]

[cake] Help me spend more time working on RedstoneChips. Please donate

Circuit libraries made by other people:
    Changelog (open)

RedstoneChips 0.97 (Apr 30th, 2013)
    • Fixed the saving bug on cb 1.5.1.
    • Added an option to disable update checking.
    BasicCircuits 0.96 (Apr 30th, 2013)
    • pixel: Added a maximum distance value preference to prevent lags and server crashes. The max can be changed using/rcprefs pixel.maxDistance x and defaults to 7.
    • sram: Fixed a problem with anonymous memory.
    SensorLibrary 0.34 (Dec 1st, 2012)
    • daytime: Fixed daytime offset bug.

Full changelogs and source code @ github.com:
    RedstoneChips [gunpowder] BasicCircuits [gunpowder] SensorLibrary

DoomLord, Shamebot, Vecht and 6 others like this.
  2. Sounds cool, I'll check it out later today ;D!

3. Offline

eisental

The file is still being rejected by the bukkit dev moderators for strange reasons. I'll put it on github in case the problem will not be resolved in the next few days.

4. Offline

eisental

The download link should be working now.

5. Thanks, works fine.

6. Offline

evilrodent

Still works in 1.7.2.

7. Offline

eisental

Gauging interest...
    I recently started spending my winter days on improving RedstoneChips. I made a LOT of changes to the code:
    • Fixed many annoying old bugs.
    • Refactored code to make more sense which should help with further development.
    • Better support for latest Bukkit/Minecraft versions.
    • Improved display, transmitter, rangefinder and some other circuits.
    • Wrote a scripting plugin (CljChips) that adds circuit and general scripting abilities, first, using javascript/coffeescript but now I switched over to Clojure. It's very powerful and fun.
    • Many improvements to the website.
    None of these changes are released yet, and now that most of the work is done feature-wise, I started to wonder if I should actually bother releasing it.
    Releasing a version always requires a lot of boring work (since nothing is automated), but in order to release the new code (which will probably be called version 1.0) the following must be done:
    • Test ALL plugin commands and circuit types and make sure permissions work.
    • Check and update all the documentation on the website.
    • Update the apidocs.
    • Bring CljChips to a stable condition and document it (which would probably not actually happen with the 1.0 release)
    Google analytics tells me about 5 people visit the site each day. That's not much. And besides a few people that helped out with pull requests and issues over the past few months (which I admittedly neglected. sorry), I don't know if anybody is still using the plugin (except evilrodent apparently :).
    Please let me know, a. if you use or are still interested in RC and b. if you'd like to help.

8. Offline

gdude2002

We still use it!
    Our players have always loved this plugin, and so have I - When I noticed the BukkitDev wasn't being updated but the GitHub repo was, I set up some tasks on my bamboo server (I'll PM you the link if you want it), fixing a couple of problems that made it impossible to compile. But the latest code works 100% perfectly, and we do use it heavily - as we have for years.

As for helping - I do know Clojure, I'm not so good at Java. But I unfortunately lack the time to code lately as I'm preparing my community for the upgrade to 1.7. Still, if there's anything I can help with, let me know.

9. Offline

DirktheJerk

I still use this plugin a ton. I don't really know anyway of helping you with it, as I do not know Java or Clojure, but we will be setting up a new 1.7.whatever the newest is server in the next few days, and I have no problem testing it out for you, and making you aware of any bugs if need be :D

10. Offline

eisental

Thanks for the responses. I'll post again when I have something to test. Also, is anybody using the plugin with permissions?

11. Offline

Ashijin

Definitely still very interested in RedstoneChips. My server has been using it for years and it still works great. Would love to see a new build with bug fixes... It just took this long for me to see this forum post. I imagine most people have long assumed the plugin was dead. :/ but there is no viable replacement out there for it.

12. Offline

evilrodent

I'm absolutely still interested in RedstoneChips. I've used it for years and basically everything I do in minecraft uses it. I built an automated minecart network with push button address input and numeric address display, 20+ stations and over 100km of track. I built a mob trap with a programmable timer which turns on the lights in the spawn room after a specified delay, which also counted and displayed numerically the number of zombies in the harvest area. I made a fully functional 8 bit CPU capable of running code generated by a cross-assembler I wrote specifically for it. Needless to say I'm pretty heavily invested in this mod. While I'm not the greatest java programmer I am pretty familiar with the inner workings of the RedstoneChips, and I've written a few custom chips, so if you need help keeping it up to date with newer bukkit releases let me know. Question: is Mordenkainen still working on this?

And to answer eisental's question: no, I haven't been using the permissions but our server is too small for it to be useful.

Keep up the good work!

13. Offline

Astrae

I love redstone chips and have been using it non my server for years now. It's been running pretty well for us, and I'm excited to hear that there are finally going to be some updates and enhancements to it- especially scripting. I must admit that it's been so long since an update was released that I thought it had been abandoned, but I'm glad to hear that it hasn't been forgotten. I would be happy to help keep this going- I think it's a fantastic mod, but people have lost interest simply because it hasn't been updated for the most recent releases.

Glad to hear that's not the case though!