[MECH] RedstoneChips 0.97 - Integrated circuits plugin [1.5.1-R0.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by eisental, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Offline

eisental

RedstoneChips 0.97 / BasicCircuits 0.97 / SensorLibrary 0.34
    (Last update on April 30th, 2013, cb 1.5.1-R0.2)

[​IMG]

Features:
    • Build chips with any number of input and output pins, from compact 2 block chips up to whatever you can imagine.
    • Choose from over 50 different chip types and several 3rd party chip libraries.
    • Most chip types can work with a wide or infinte range of i/o configurations. Sign arguments allow you to customize chip behavior.
    • Chips can communicate through redstone, or directly by touching each other. Some chip types can also communicate over wireless channels.
    • Chips can be built in almost any imaginable structure allowing very compact circuits.
    • Debug and maintain large projects using various tools and commands.
    [​IMG]

[cake] Help me spend more time working on RedstoneChips. Please donate

Circuit libraries made by other people:
    Changelog (open)

RedstoneChips 0.97 (Apr 30th, 2013)
    • Fixed the saving bug on cb 1.5.1.
    • Added an option to disable update checking.
    BasicCircuits 0.96 (Apr 30th, 2013)
    • pixel: Added a maximum distance value preference to prevent lags and server crashes. The max can be changed using/rcprefs pixel.maxDistance x and defaults to 7.
    • sram: Fixed a problem with anonymous memory.
    SensorLibrary 0.34 (Dec 1st, 2012)
    • daytime: Fixed daytime offset bug.

Full changelogs and source code @ github.com:
    RedstoneChips [gunpowder] BasicCircuits [gunpowder] SensorLibrary

DoomLord, Shamebot, Vecht and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

eisental

You should have a line like this in your console:
    Code:
    15:40:26 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-584-g83f8d95 (MC: 1.3)
    Just paste it here. There should also be a line saying [INFO] RedstoneChips 0.86 enabled somewhere in your log.

Are you asking how to use the daytime circuit or the whole process of building a digital clock based on it? I can't really help with building the digital clock as I've never built one. If anyone wants to write such a guide (or any other guide), he/she will get eternal glory as it will be the first page added to the RC wiki :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  3. Offline

Mars339

2011-03-28 17:04:17 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit
    -0.0.0-458-g557f3d2-b440jnks (MC: 1.3)
    2011-03-28 17:04:18 [INFO] RedstoneChips 0.86 enabled.

This?

4. Offline

eisental

Yes. You seem to be running a pretty old craftbukkit build (#440). RC0.86 was meant to run on the latest recommended build (#556) as you can see in the thread title.

5. Offline

Mars339

Thank you for your help^^

6. Offline

eisental

Cool. I added it to the list.:)
    Could be nice to add some colors to the message. You can get the info and debug colors with:
    Code:
    redstoneChips.getPrefsManager().getInfoColor();
    redstoneChips.getPrefsManager().getDebugColor();

7. I'll probably add custom messages in the next version.

8. Offline

Zach Hinchy

I was making a digital clock on my server and it was a little frustrating to use daytime with segdriver (because of segdriver's 1-digit nature). So I forked SensorLibrary and added in four new timefield arguments to the daytime chip:

minute1 - ones digit of the minute of the hour
    minute10 - tens digit of the minute of the hour
    hour1 - ones digit of the hour of the day
    hour10 - tens digit of the hour of the day

This works in both earthtime and gametime. I'd imagine this would be useful for other things than just segdriver clocks, too!

http://github.com/zach-hinchy/SensorLibrary

9. Offline

treve

working on a 3x3x3block screen/display, 25 x 8 (25 long) thats 200 pixels and indeed, its very big, but the display is nothing, its the memory for it that is big! what i do now, is i make a shiftregister (17 outputs), connected to send pin of a transmitter, and the transmitter sends the data to the pixle.(16 wool colors and resetslot). each transmitter has 4 data pins, 0 0 0 0 to 1 1 1 1 (switch on or off). when the output of the shiftregister changes goes from 0 to 1, it sends the data stored on the levers to the pixle. last output from shiftreg is inverted, and is connect to the input (to keep it simple). but atm i am having some server problems, because its getting to big (only 50% done) and on a better server i get discon.overflow. but thats because i added 10 000 torches.

early stage vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SqA0I6ha8k

10. Offline

eisental

That's an original way to solve the problem :p I just finished writing a modulus mode for the divider but this way, I guess, would be more space efficient. I'll probably merge it with some small changes once I'm done updating BasicCircuits. Thanks.

11. Don't ditch the modulus operator. That has its uses too.

12. Offline

Zach Hinchy

Totally agreed. This has its uses, but that's certainly not the only use of that operator. It's much more convenient to set up something with segdriver without having to add another circuit for modulo, especially when it's something easily handleable by a daytime chip. But I can think of a few other places where modulo'd be a godsend.

13. Offline

eisental

Don't worry, I don't have any intention to ditch it. It seems to be a very nice function to play with.

14. Offline

Flipp

Hi, I love thins Plugin!
    Is there any way to make a relay? (The Input Signal should get to A or B... when switched). The "Torch Relay" doesn´t work for flashing Signals.
    Greets and thanks for that nice Plugin!
    Flipp

15. Offline

Mordenkainen

I believe you want the De-multiplexer chip.

16. Offline

eisental

[tnt] Released RC0.87 and BC0.87 [tnt]

Note: The new versions will only work on #602+!

There are some new circuit classes and lots of little tweaks and changes. The biggest change was adding partial broadcast channel use for receivers and transmitters (see image below). I hope there aren't too many bugs in the new system.

Check the full change log at the 1st thread post.

I've updated the circuitdocs but please let me know if anything is unclear or if you find any mistakes or bugs.

As always, any donations or ad clicks would be very appreciated :)

[​IMG]

17. Offline

treve

very nice update! will it affect old transmitters (make them broken?)
    i also want to add a request about the very nice RAM chip.
    can you make the output wireless also? would be very nice then

18. Offline

eisental

Thanks, I think this update shouldn't break anything, but if something bad happens don't hold me responsible :p
    Backup your circuits file if in doubt.
    I can add the wireless outputs, I just forgot about it this time around. Let me know if the RAM works for you. I only tested it with very small amounts of data (up to 16x4 bits) but you can easily make it use whole megabytes with a big address or word size.

Here's a nice demo of the 74219 SRAM:
    http://tams-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/applets/hades/webdemos/40-memories/40-ram/demo-74219.html

Should work exactly the same as the new chip.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

19. Offline

treve

its working great, and is not limited!!! just tested with 256 storage places and 256 bit output, the limit will be youre server, i needed 30 minuts to create 17 storage places, containing 16 bit data. now... with this chip, i need to think how i am going to replace it, but it looks very promising! please update the chip for wireless :p, but hold the static outputs to, can be handy, not that much extra work, and you need it to say how much pins you are using for data, and how much for adress.

- for big data, the chip gets big, and you need to walk very far to change write/read mode :) ofc building trans/rec will fix that.

THIS IS THE BEST PLUGIN EVER, if you are rich, please donate to eisental :)

update... destroyed my own created memory cells :( and i am replacing it with 1 SRAM chip :p
    it has 2000 Terra storage places (51 adres pins, count for youreself :p) and will have 800 output pins, that i should connect to transmitters to send data to the display. so there will be place for alot tekst / pictures / smileys etc, everyone could add something if he is crazy enough.

it would be nice if:
    - the input is wireless
    - the output is wireless
    - if there would be an option to say output pin 1-4 output A1 // 5-8 output A2, etc

actually, its nice already :p

20. Offline

eisental

Wow that's a lot of bits. Would be interesting to see how much data you get to store in it before your server explodes. I'll see if I can add what you've suggested for the next version. Does adding one giant transmitter and one giant receiver really add so much work?
    Anyway, I hope to see your screen displaying images soon.

21. Offline

treve

my screen is build and named, 200 pixels, 200 channels, 200 receivers... 200 transmitters (where i needed 1 for each adress in my own ram X 200pixels = 3400 transmitter for data alone, this is the big step forward, thank you). wireless input would only be an option, wireless output can be very handy, but i started building in this system, so i will keep work this way now, but a parallel wireless output can be usefull to send data to controll room or something to.
    well, i am not setting any data for now, only building, and not thinking of what to write also, but maybe if some1 has an idea, he can start already... just give me an exel sheet with a table containing the image you want, in wat colour you want it ( 25 long, 8 high, for now:p). if you get how it works, also send binay code for the colours. make 1 entry in table 3*3 or in scale. you need 25 blocks (long, and 8 high) tricky part is that pixel A1 = left under, and A25 right under. A1 to H25.
    800 input switches for each frame / adress in chip.
    what is harder for the server? 1 huge chip with all pixels on it. or 200 chips, 1 for each pixel?
    but building 200 chips, will mean 200 tranmsitters, and it makes it easy to connect other parts on it (co-located) just handy :) but not a need at all

22. I believe you should be using some kind of programming language rather than Minecraft redstone for a project of that magnitude. o-o

23. Offline

treve

no no! RC is perfect, and i dont know any programming language. i can count binarys, and work with the things i get, but i cannot create them myself, to bad actually, looking for an openttd plugin for more then 3 years now, but still not able to create it myself, so i stopped trying...
    since the new chip, my project ai'nt that big anymore! just the outputs are annoying to build. i guess it will be finished in about a week or so, were i was building for over a month without the chip.
    Sram, coming from SNAKE random acces memory. and its a big snake.

If youre tryting to build a redstone chip, youre chip is way too big. :( all work again for nothing :(
    what should be the problem? to much adresses? to big to store? (binary to hexa?)
    also they circuits that are gone (replaced by air blocks) stay active. i will need wireless output and indput in order to save the work i done untill now. but if possible, make data and adress different channel. or only adres and output. at stake: 800+ inputs and alot work
    sign:
    sram
    channel/adres ("counter", all the same for my display)
    channel/data ( sram1, sram2,... etc )
    channel/output (A1,A2,.... send data to corresponding pixel)

of not possible to seperate the inputs, then make full input wireless please, and add write and reset also
    sign: sram
    input channel
    output channel

it will be a small and powerfull chip, requesting less from server cpu and ram because it doesnt have that much blocks anymore, and redstone bugs etc, all gone with wireless.
    i could build 1 counter for 200 chips and change the sram i have now into 200 transmitters, and use it as control panel to send the data to the corresponding chip.

any clone option?

24. Offline

eisental

What is the problem exactly?

Now I get it :) If you're getting the "your chip is way too big" it means that the stack overflowed during the recursive chip scanning process. Basically, it had to check so many blocks that it ran out of memory. Are you building it as a straight line or do you use some other structure? Maybe you accidentally tried to activate the whole earth? Could be useful to know how many blocks your chip is made of (approx...).

25. Offline

Amikaze

26. Offline

eisental

Wow, awesome! I will definitely add this to the videos page.
    Mass activation and destruction are on the list. I know how annoying it can become.

Amikaze likes this.
  27. Offline

treve

i am blown away! did you render the map? or did you build block for block? on my first try, wasted +100 hours just to have 100 pixels have 17 images (frames). how much do you have?
    i was planning to have 200 pixels, but thats nothing after seeing youre movie, do you share the map? and is there a place we can chat? do you use the new chip? and what did you use for memory if not? how much work till now? did you make it alone? 1000 questions for you :) daim, if you had just show me that a month ago i would have saved alot of days/nights.

my new chip had 800 data inputs, 51 adress inputs, 400 outputs (50% done, dunno if i will go on now 800 pixel is here) but even when making 453 inputs it kept saying to big, getting smaller also, but can't say the numbers. is there any clone option? its a snake figure, 2 parking garages for now. 30 outputs are working for sure, 800 not

if you share the map i can make memory for new display, with easy inputs, so when you get it back, and would host it, everyone can add his/her images/tekst or make it bigger :)
    it would be stupid to continue my screen, you wont see it next to yours.
    a combination will be a very nice display!, with alot space to store data :)

28. Offline

treve

RC working on 1.4 and B617

29. Offline

eisental

Right, thanks.

30. Offline

Luckz

Is there an issue with numbers in transmitter circuit names? I was able to set two "port1"-named receivers up just fine, but kept getting my console spammed and no positive message when I tried to make transmitters for that. Yet when I just changed it to "alpha" on both my transmitters and both my receivers, it worked fine.