Inactive [MECH] PlgColdLightning v2.0 - lightning does not cause fires [1.4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Plague, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Offline

Plague

PlgColdLightning - Plugin to stop lightning from starting a fire
    Version: v2.0

This is currently only useful when you have a plugin that can strike lightning, like PlgEssentials. Lightning will not cause fires. It will look like there is fire for a little while, but that's just client graphics.

Download(source inside)

[​IMG]

Changelog:

Version 2.0
    • updated to new bukkit API
    Version 1.0
    • Initial release

2. Offline

xPaw

Installed, thanks.

3. Offline

wears_Fedora

Friggin awesome.

Will this prevent pig -> pigman and creeper -> electro-creeper?

4. Offline

Plague

No this only checks starting fires.

5. Offline

Andre_9796

Downloaded, thanks.

6. Offline

wears_Fedora

The, perfection. A huge thanks.
    Installed and testing now.

7. Offline

Arcwolf

thank God... This is what I've been waiting for. So many cities I have made of cloth or wood. Cripes... if lightning struck any one of them it would be like something out of a apocalypse movie. O_O so many hours wasted <shivers>

! Downloaded ! ... still keeeping a backup of my world though :D ... you know, just to be safe :p

8. Offline

Plague

Of course, you should all test it first to make sure it does stop lightning for you. I did test it a bunch, but still, losing a minecraft creations is like.... well you know ;)

9. Offline

wears_Fedora

I have a server with no man made structures that aren't stone, so I'll test it there and let you know if forests are still burning down. :)

10. Offline

oliverw92

Could you make it world specific?

AS1LV3RN1NJA likes this.
  11. Offline

Plague

It should be since I use world.setStorm() and such...

12. Offline

Nathan C

Thanks a lot!

13. Offline

halvors

Lightning never start's fires by default. What exactly is this doing? Still see fire when Lightning but no spread.

14. Offline

Plague

Ligtning does start fires for me, I tested that and then made this plugin...

The fire you see looks like a client thing, just an animation. Server stops the fire from happening.

15. Offline

wears_Fedora

I've witnessed several forest fires from lightning strikes with default bukkit and no plug ins.

16. Offline

halvors

Ok. But not happend to me yet...

17. Offline

Expatcat

I keep getting this error periodically:

Could not pass event BLOCK_IGNITE to PlgColdLightning
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: LIGHTNING
    at cz.Plague.bukkit.PlgColdLightning.PlgColdLightningBlockListener.onBlockIgnite(PlgColdLightningBlockListener.java:14)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$30.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:380)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
    at net.minecraft.server.BlockStationary.a(BlockStationary.java:65)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.j(World.java:1650)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1463)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

18. Offline

halvors

Think you have an old build of CraftBukkit. You have to run CraftBukkit #709 which is not set as recommend yet.

19. Offline

Lying_Cake

THANK YOU. Our harbor burned down and our avatar tree is at risk!

20. Offline

Rabb

I apologize if this is the wrong place, but do you know of a plugin that allows weather to be completely stopped/removed?

21. Offline

Plague

There is none, but you can use a normal weather plugin (or my PlgEssentials) to set the duration of sunny weather to a really big number of seconds...

22. Offline

Rabb

Does it have no limit, time wise? As in I could set it for an amount of seconds that is basically infinite?

23. Offline

Plague

It is limited by the variable, so I think the highest value is 2147483648, but in seconds that's 35 791 394 (414 days)

24. Offline

halvors

Isn't this called only when a player cause lightning?

25. Offline

Plague

Nope, It's called whenever there is a fire caused by lightning

26. Offline

halvors

If it's only when caused by lightning, why do you have function getPlayer() in BlockIgniteEvent?

And seems like BlockIgniteEvent not is called when using world.strikeLightning(Location);

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  27. Offline

Plague

because it's inherited from generic event

I tested it causing lightning to hit using just this function, so trust me it IS called :)

28. Offline

halvors

Not for me... When i set the event to System.out.println("Test"); Nothing happends...

When use world.strikeLightning(Location); function trees are not burning up, seems liek event is cancelled buy default...

Since it's inherited from generic event, getPlayer() will return null if not caused by player?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

29. Offline

Plague

look around the forum, there are many people that have burned down houses and forests ;)

Well it looks like vanilla does put out fire immediately, so this is a bukkit bug. So until they solve it, this is a temporary plugin :)

30. Offline

captainawesome7

I would just like to say, I find it funny that your plugin is 709 instead of 733 lol