[MECH] OtherDrops 2.8- Ultimate block/mob/player drop editing [1.5.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Zarius, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Zarius

[​IMG]

Want to fix glass/stairs/boat drops? Want to gather ice/glowstone/grass in a balanced manner? Want to smelt ore with golden tools? Want to cause chaos with undead that rise again? Now you can, simply by enabling the included example files or delve into the more advanced customisation and make drops work the way you want.

OtherBlocks aims to give you ultimate control over what item that blocks/entities drop when destroyed, depending on how they were destroyed. Compatible with WorldGuard. Lightweight! Only scans what it needs to and ignores the rest.
    Download: BukkitDev (download link on there) | Source Code

Included Modules
    * Fix undroppables: fix drops for stairs, glass (don't use your hands - ouch), boats & bookshelves (1.8 stairs included)
    * Gold tools (basic): gold tools have a chance of dropping the complete block for grass, ice & glowstone.
    * Gold tools (smelt): gold tools have a chance of mining an ingot directly from ores.
    * Ore Extraction: using the usual tools, ingots are ripped out of ores, leaving the stone behind.
    * Leaf overhaul: adds leaf drops (apples, cocoa, leaves, sticks & a very small chance of golden apple).
    * Undead Chaos: beware the night! Zombies & skeletons rise again and even players rise back from the dead (player deaths spawn more zombies/skeletons).
    * and more...

Custom Configuration Examples
    Code:
        # Simple glass drop fix
        GLASS:
          - drop: GLASS

# Players drop Zombies on death, 50% of the time
        PLAYER:
          - drop: CREATURE_ZOMBIE
            chance: 50%

# Spiders killed with any sword at night have a 10% chance to drop web,
        # otherwise they drop whatever they normally would
        CREATURE_SPIDER:
          - tool: ANY_SWORD
            time: NIGHT
            drop: WEB
            chance: 10%

# Trees drop apples (or cocoa from birch trees)
        SPECIAL_LEAFDECAY@GENERIC:
          - drop: APPLE
            chance: 5%
        SPECIAL_LEAFDECAY@BIRCH:
          - drop: DYE@BROWN
            chance: 5%

If you are getting errors with the word "snakeyaml" in it, your config file isn't properly formatted.
    Test it on this website (or this one).

See the dev.bukkit page for full details on how to set up OtherDrops, a complete parameters list and further examples.

Changelog

Newest changelog details here.

Main author: @Zarius
    Contributors: @Celtic Minstrel, raws
    Original author: @cyklo

2. Offline

Cultist O

K knowing I'm not just crazy helps, having heard your answers though, is there a way for me to have for example:
    "when a giant is killed by a player it drops random chain-mail armor"
    without listing everything that ISN'T a player for every kind of chain-mail? that's a bit tedious, especially if you want tame wolves to do it too, and you have to list every other potentially hostile mob, and can't use ENTITY_ATTACK

also, I understand the exclusive string, but what should I set the chance to if I always want it to drop say the chain-mail, but have an equal chance of any given variety of chain-mail?

3. Offline

Zarius

Working on a new tool: PLAYER or some-such thing.

Not sure on the maths but this should work:

Code:
        LEAVES:
            - dropgroup: chainmail
              chance: 100%                  # you can vary this percentage if you want
              drops:
                - drop: CHAINMAIL_HELMET/1/25%
                  exclusive: 1
                - drop: CHAINMAIL_CHESTPLATE/1/25%
                  exclusive: 2
                - drop: CHAINMAIL_LEGGINGS/1/25%
                  exclusive: 3
                - drop: CHAINMAIL_BOOTS/1/100%  # default drop if none of the others make it

4. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

You know that's almost certainly going to conflict with the changes I'm doing, right? :p I'm curious though; how do you propose to do this?
    You sure about that? I assumed it did.

5. Offline

Zarius

Yup - it probably will conflict :D Either I'll integrate them manually or they wont be needed :)

Nah, player attacks "return" from the function before getting to that part of the code - besides, the current damagerList can only take one string (so that's the tool@player@range string or the DAMAGE_ENTITY_ATTACK string).

Webs seem to work ok for me - try the latest version?

Code:
        WEB: [{drop: APPLE, chance: 100}]

New release 1.93

* fix for pig drops not working ( @Cultist O - fixed)
    * fix for blockbreak removing 1 item ( @RugRats - fixed)

Not releasing the new damage (eg. PLAYER, ENVIRONMENT) code yet - will wait for Celtic Minstrels changes.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  6. Offline

Cultist O

yep, my issue is fixed for me, thanks :D (in case you needed confirmation)
    excitedly awaiting the upcoming features!

7. Offline

RugRats

Can you please fix the unlimited seeds glitch ?

8. Offline

EMOberger

I can't break mine carts.

9. Offline

bobsayshello

I love how powerful this mod is, I've already replaced several different mods with this one.

Something I can't figure out, what's the event for cactus destruction when it just pops off the top one from growing into another block? (like in a cactus farm)

10. My error was on 1.91, I did not see there was a 1.92 or 1.93, I suggest renaming the forum thread when you update lol :p

11. Offline

RugRats

I can :eek:
    I agree

12. Offline

Dothackking

My problem was I had a custom config file, and never turned it on. x.x

13. Offline

EMOberger

0.o i took out this plugin and it worked again, also i tried putting in a default config file and it still didn't work so it's gotta be this plugin right? but than why can you break but i can't >.>

14. Offline

Rofang

I hope this isn't a question with an obvious answer I overlooked, but I see in the version history for 1.9 that it seems as though this plugin will let you define custom right-click actions for an item...? I don't see what parameters I might use to do such a thing, though (documentation and wiki predate 1.9?). I do follow the drop-related parameters on the wiki, but this new stuff is puzzling.

(Edit: Missed it on pages 28 and 29, sorry.)

15. Offline

RugRats

I have no idea :/

It was my request to, yes it's confusing but theres some good info on it a few pages back.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  16. Offline

Zarius

I did test on 1.91 :) But I did forget to update the thread title - thanks :D

No problems with minecarts in 1.93 for me. Nothing in your config about minecarts?

1.9's only been out for a week and I've been busy fixing bugs and with RL :) Version 2.0 will likely have a new way of defining left/right click actions so I'll wait until them before updating the documentation.

Hmm... that seems to be more a bug in minecraft - you'd expect if the block is highlighted that you can till it. Perhaps try this in the meantime? (forces the grass block to till with replacementblock: SOIL)

Code:
        CLICKRIGHT-2: # GRASS
             - drop: NOTHING # start with a blank slate - ie. don't drop anything unless we say so
               tool: ANY_HOE
             - drop: SEEDS
               tool: ANY_HOE
               face: [UP]
             - drop: NOTHING # this allows the ground to be tilled
               replacementblock: SOIL
               face: [UP]    # for up face only (ie. not if you click on the side)

I'll be working on making include-files a bit simpler later - no need to turn them on/off (just comment them if you want to disable them).

17. Offline

EMOberger

Correct. I'll try running only this plugin see what happens.
    ---------------
    Yup there is some kind of plugin conflict. The mine cart breaks with the only plugin being yours and it also breaks with out your plugin but not with all of these plugins xD now to find out what one is causing the infliction -.-
    [​IMG]

18. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

That's physics, which this currently doesn't handle.

19. Offline

Zarius

That's not too many plugins but not sure which is the problem - you can check by elimination (if it's a test server and you're ok with restarting serveral times) - cut out half the plugins, check, if the problem still exists it's in the remaining half - repeat.

20. Offline

RugRats

Any fix for the unlimited drops bug with tilling grass that has a torch on it? or on the side of a block hanging over?

21. Offline

Zarius

Posted above :)

22. Offline

RugRats

Thanks, I never got the notice :p EDIT: I'm sure there's a way around this though :O I mean the plugin "seeds" which does this, only this is customize-able had that same problem with the torch's but it was fixed. I'm not sure though. EDIT: What you gave me doesn't fix it :O? Maybe I guess if wanted to manually make it so you can't rightclick torchs? EDIT: it's not just torchs it's anything that leaves space for grass.

23. Offline

oldjollysanta

Just a note, this mod conflicts with an other called 'Showcase', after installing this one all my shops on the server were inaccessible.

24. Offline

Zarius

Did you configure any drops or just put the plugin in and then it stopped? This plugin does deal with onPlayerInteract however if nothing is configured for left/rightclicking slabs it shouldn't effect Showcase at all (I haven't tested it though, might be a bug in there).

25. Offline

oldjollysanta

Ah ok, I didn't even get around to configuring the mod yet though. I just added it to the server (to apply changes as I saw fit) but just noticed the I could not interact with a showcase shop that was already made and I also couldn't create a new one.

26. Offline

Cultist O

Actually, if I'm to understand that this would have a 25% chance of dropping helmet, and that if a helmet does not drop, a 25% chance of the remaining, and so on, you need something that looks like this:
    Show Spoiler

Code:
            - dropgroup: chainmail
              chance: 100%
              drops:
                - drop: CHAINMAIL_HELMET/1/25%
                  exclusive: 1
                - drop: CHAINMAIL_CHESTPLATE/1/33%
                  exclusive: 2
                - drop: CHAINMAIL_LEGGINGS/1/50%
                  exclusive: 3
                - drop: CHAINMAIL_BOOTS/1/100%

Otherwise you are actually getting more like a 25/19/14/42 % split.

Now I did this math (actually my gf), but I'm guessing others might not want to, not that it's a big deal, you've been very much excellent already, but you might want to look into a simpler way to set up a "random of:" sort of function.

As a side note, now that I have messages working, I am confused about how to set it up so it returns one of a list, so I've separated each drop into multiple exclusive sections with a different message each. Could i get an example of the proper syntax?

27. Offline

Zarius

Actually - it gets more fun because the list in the config (due to the nature of YAML) is unordered - so you don't know whether the helmet or leggings will be "rolled' first.

Yeah, a simpler way would be good - I was thinking of allowing a list for drops (eg. drop: [APPLE, EGG, DIRT]) but intuition says that should drop all three items. Perhaps "drop: [APPLE|EGG|DIRT]"?

Messages is eg. message: ["Message 1", "Message 2", etc]

28. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I've already written code to support this. Exclusive drops, on the other hand, I'm not sure; I'll give it some thought. The request is for "drop exactly one item from a list", right?

29. Offline

Zarius

Pretty much. Currently it's very difficult to have, for example, four items each with a 25% chance of an exclusive drop.

30. Offline

AndyFox42

This is one of the coolest plugins I have encountered in a long time. Thanks to this, I was able to combine the functions of numerous others all into just this one and resource the load on my resources. I run a large, active server and everybody is going crazy over this. If you want to list a server for people to come check it out in action, feel free to list mine. We are up 24/7 and there's never a time with 0 players on.

Thanks for this excellent tool. For the most part I'm using many of the suggested features with a few custom tweaks, and it's amazing. No conflicts and I run a bunch of other plugins.

31. Offline

Rofang

I'm having a problem wherein Permissions (3.1.6) seems to be preventing OtherBlocks (1.93) from processing drops. Here's my sample otherblocks-globalconfig file:

Code:
    priority: low
    verbosity: low
    usepermissions: true

otherblocks:
        DIRT: [drop: WOOL]
        GRASS: [drop: WOOL]
    I've tried various priority and usepermissions values (also the classic vertical OtherBlocks syntax), but so long as Permissions is running, I always get dirt from the above blocks. OtherBlocks mentions no problems even with verbosity set to highest; "/ob show dirt" accurately summarizes the wool drop, and yet it drops dirt instead. Wool is produced if I restart the server with Permissions disabled. It happens across multiple worlds, regardless of whether I dig up dirt blocks which have been previously modified by WorldEdit (note: I've tried disabling every other plugin except Permissions and OtherBlocks, and Permissions remains the clear culprit).

Any idea what's going on? (Edit: If I switched to a plugin that uses Superperms, such as PermissionsBukkit, would that work better?)