Inactive [MECH] MorePhysics v2.0 - Make Minecraft feel a bit more real.... Or not. [RB-1.2.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Taco, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Offline

Adrenaline

2. Offline

Taco

v 1.8 is ready. Releasing in about 10 minutes.

Edit: Released.

v. 1.8:
    - Remembered to update the changelog finally.
    - Added adjustable piston strength
    - Added realistic arrows
    - Smoothed out movement by overhauling it.

3. Offline

monstuhs

Taco, amazing work. I was particularly impressed with how you coded the regional damage aspect for arrows. When I saw that feature I got very excited and just HAD to check out the code. When I saw how simply yet clever it was I smacked my forehead.

Nice work!

4. Offline

nhoclesnar

How about weapon weight affects swinging rate? :p

And if there is 'level increases strength feature' (move faster, swinging faster) then that will be awesome :D

5. Offline

EightDarkSkulls

It doesn't seem to work on my server. If you could help me that would be great.

6. Offline

Taco

That's a bit vague, can you provide more info as to what the issue is?

Thank you!

7. Offline

Gunre

The only thing I'm using in this mod is the piston physics, but I love that aspect of the mod soooo much. Thank you so much for building this!

8. Offline

EightDarkSkulls

The plugin just doesn't seem to work. Boats don't sink when damaged, armor doesn't make you heavier and piston don't shoot sand in the air.

9. Offline

Taco

Sand not working is a known issue, otherwise check to see if those are enabled. I tested those on my server before releasing, so they should work just fine.

10. Offline

Dracasis

I can confirm, running it on my server with the default config file dosent make blocks jump or armor slow. Entities and players get launched however.

11. Offline

Taco

I'll look at that again. Confirm that you aren't exempt from physics when expecting armour to slow you.

I can't seem to recreate these issues, it's all working fine for me. Try deleting your config files and seeing if the problem persists with the newly generated ones.

Edit: Boats, however, are not sinking it seems. I'll try to fix this.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  12. Offline

Deformation

Having the same issue as some of the others. Blocks arnt launched unless you Raise the piston. then drop it. and as the sand is falling towards the piston. Re-extend the piston. With a little luck and perfect timing you can get it to launch. However players are launched normally. Config has players and blocks set to True. So im not sure what the issue is. No errors coming up in my list and game version is newest. like 1.2.4 R1 or something like that.

13. Offline

Taco

As has been stated before, blocks are broken and the issue is known. I'm working on that one.

Boats are fixed, now to look into sand again.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  14. Offline

Deformation

I keep refreshin the page hoping you fixed the piston issue. Ive been lookin for something like this for months now.

15. Offline

Taco

If I do fix it, it won't be today. Sand is acting very strangely right now.

16. Offline

Dialupman

I'm currently loving the idea of your mod, but I don't think many of the players on my server will be pleased on suddenly sinking in water with armor, so I disabled it in the config. To my surprise, you still sink like a rock in water when the config is off... I turn the config back on just to check and I cannot even swim out of deep water with leather armor on... I start sinking again before I reach the top of a block. At least with the config off, I can swim all the way out, but its just as slow.

I took a peek inside your player listener and it seems that if the config is true, you change the velocity (Sink after a certain amount of time I assume) and if its false, your slowed by a potion effect. Either way your slowed... If I disable armor from affecting swimming, you should not be slowed.

17. Offline

Taco

Ah, I think I goofed there. I'll fix that. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Edit: Fixed.

18. Offline

Dialupman

!!
    Found the problem
    swimming = Config.getBoolean("general.Movement_Affected", true);
    movement = Config.getBoolean("general.Swimming_Affected", true);
    Movement_Affected and Swimming_Affected should be switched

Edit: Or maybe just changed movement and swimming XD

19. Offline

EightDarkSkulls

Players and entities are getting launched but sand and gravel are not. Boats don't get sunk and only a few people had armor slow them down. I haven't checked the bow damage yet though.

20. Offline

Dialupman

I also noticed when sand goes up, you don't set block.setTypeId(0). I assume this means for a brief time, the original sand and the sand that gets flown up exist at the same time, but I could be wrong. It could explain that massive pile of sand and gravel at the bottom of your pistons in the video...

Edit: I put on some iron armor and I slowed down to a crawl with zoomed in vision every time I took a step. This happens when the config is true or false (both swimming and movement false to be on the safe side. I looked in the source and you don't even have a check for movement :(. In my opinion, you should abandon slow poison since it effects not only your speed, but your vision and appearance.

In your depreciated code, you mistakenly typed v.setX instead of v.setZ in all instances of where you were using Z values. This code might still be good if corrected.

21. Offline

KoBro12

I'm having problems with the config file. The plugin seems to ignore it, so i can not disable settings or change it. Is this a bug, or just me failing?

22. Offline

Taco

I fixed that one, try downloading again.
    Re-download for the boat fix.

You should also re-download the plugin as I made some fixes that should solve this problem.

The issue with my depreciated code was that when jumping, the player would have to jump 2 or 3 times for the server to actually recognize that they were jumping, so I figured slowness would be smoother, but I will change back if it's wanted. If I don't have a check for movement, I'll fix that right now. Just download the fixed version when you read this.

23. Offline

Dialupman

I'm going to throw something out, but I have no idea if it is correct. When a player moves under your depreciated code, you change their X and Z velocities, since changing the Y coordinate would effect jumping and swimming. However, If the player attempts to move forward and jump, their Y coordinate essentially get set to the original Y value, nullifying the jump. In order to jump properly, you would have to stand still, then start moving once your in the air. I think this happens because V is set if X or Z changes, but because V includes Y, Y also gets set. Is there a way to just set the player's X and Z velocities separately?

P.S. I LOVE the way you bounce! Great job!

24. This is fantastic, i've made a travel system using the launching pistons and it actually works! Its so great however theres a slight drawback... for those who do not have creative permissions or god mode on will die after landing from a vertical + horizontal launch (makes the player launch diagonally).

Any chance that there is a possiblilty that when a player is launched via pistons their health will not go down when they land?

(in other words "/gamemode player 0" will die after landing)

That would be great :D Thanks for the great plugin!

25. Offline

Deformation

Any updates?

26. Offline

Taco

Still working on sand.

27. Offline

Deformation

Okiez. Thanks for the heads up.

28. Offline

randyarmy

it doesnt work on Launch_Blocks ?? why ?? :'(

it just launch player.

in video piston can launch sand gravel ... , update please :(

29. Offline

Taco

As has been stated many times before, I am aware that this is broken and it's proven to be a very difficult fix. Please be patient while I work on it.

30. Offline

Deformation

Im trying to be patient :p checking daily.. few times a day. lol