Inactive [MECH] MobStats v.5.4.2 - Change the strength of mobs [1.4.6-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by gamerguy14, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Offline

gamerguy14

[​IMG]
    version: 5.4.2

MobStats makes the strength of mobs change! The further from the closest origin the mob is, the stronger it is. Mobs at an origin are too weak to survive, but get far enough away and they become so strong that they could kill a player in one shot.

To set up the plugin, download the .jar and place it in your plugins folder. Start your server to create the config file. Open up the config and configure it. Reload your server. Insure that you have Vault in your plugin folder if you want to use the economy features. Run the command replaceall to make sure all mobs are proper and run it again if you encounter vanilla mobs that shouldn't be vanilla.

Features:
    • Tells players what level zone they are in.
    • Commands to tell you where you are.
    • Will tell players what zone they are in even after teleporting and respawning.
    • Multi World support.
    • Configure the message for when a player enters a zone.
    • Configure messages sent when a player kills a mob.
    • Players can stop themselves from receiving messages for someone killing a mob.
    • Configure death messages.
    • Choose the origins.
    • Worlds can have more than one origin.
    • Equations to customize the zone size, mob damage, mob health, experience drops, and money.
    • Configure different item drops for different mobs in different zones.
    • Configure a max and min values.
    • Change the arrows that skeletons shoot.
    • Change the equipment that mobs have based on level and a weighted random.
    Commands:
    -zone - Tells the player what zone they are in.
    -ms <on or off> - Turns the messages for when someone kills a mob on and off.
    -replaceall - (for ops and the console only) Checks every entity in the game and replaces them if they aren't the right type to have a level.

Config:

NOTE: The level cap has been changed to being integrated with equations.

message: This is the message that gets sent to a player when the player changes zones. When ever you type "-level" it will be replaced with the level of the zone. Type "false" or leave the area blank to turn off that message. This goes for all messages. Kill Message, and Death Message can also have -mob for the type of mob and -player for the name or the player and Kill Messages can also have -exp for the experience earned and -money for the money earned.

origins: Type the name of each world to have origins for under the origins section then place a list of origins for each world by listing them with hyphens before each location. Type the

location in the form of x,y,z or type spawn to be the world's spawn point.

equations: There are 5 types of equations, zones which are the change in levels based on distance, damage which is the change in damage based on levels, health which is the change in health based on levels, experience or XP which is the change in experience drops based on levels, and Money is to set the amount of money to provide Players with for killing a mob of a certain level. Type what equation is to be set, then type the type of equation (Quadratic, QWD, QMD, Exponential, EWD, EMD). Type make a max area for a maximum value and a min area for a minimum value in each equation, excluding these will set the value to positive and negative infinity respectively.

Types:
    - Quadratic: Values are a, b, c to be filled in the equation ax^2 + bx + c. Setting a to 0 makes a linear equation, c is the value when x is 0.
    - QWD: A Quadratic but the values for a, b, and c can have a d put next to them to multiply that value by the default value of what is being calculated.
    - QMD: A Quadratic that gets multiplied by the default value of what is being calculated after it has been calculated. Setup the same as a regular quadratic.
    - Exponential: Values ar a, b, c, d, f which are to be filled into a(b^(c(x - d))) + f.
    - EWD: The same as a QWD but using an exponential equation instead.
    - EMD: The same as a QMD but using an exponential equation instead.

If equations make values too high then it can kill a player but instead of respawning, they go to limbo. They can't be damaged or damage other things.

drops: Type a name for the drop that can be anything in the list under drops. Put a section in with the name of the drop which has a section for Mobs which is a list of mobs, a Start Zone section for the zone where it starts, an End Zone for the zone where it ends, the Odds which is a fraction to place the Odds for if the item is dropped, and Items which is a list of ItemStacks in the form of (item id(#)),(amount). No mobs will set it for all mobs, no Start Zone defaults to 0, no End Zone defaults to endless, and no odds, no denominator for odds or the numerator is larger than the denominator will default to the drop always being dropped. No items will ignore the drop.

equipment: Equipment is the same as Drops except their names are listed under equipment. Also, when putting in items, a third number may be placed to say what equipment slot it is supposed to be in. With out a number, it i just placed based on its the order in which it is listed. If ArrowPro is used, the abbreviation of an arrow can be used to set it to a skeleton.

affected mobs: Type a list of all the mobs that are to be affected by listing them one on top of the other with a hyphen before each mob. Leaving it blank will affect all mobs. By default there is a list of all mobs to be used for a reference. Erasing all these values will have no effect on which mobs are affected.

Download: MobStats.jar
    Source: MobStatsSource
    ArrowPro: Forums, BukkitDev

Changelog
    v.5.4.2
    - fixed problem where mobs wouldn't spawn from eggs.
    - removed the mandatory use of Vault.
    - added support for build 1.4.6-R0.3

v.5.4.1
    - fixed problem where Endermen were replaced with Blazes.

v.5.4
    - added custom mob equipment to the plugin.
    - changed the way mob names are displayed.
    - added support for build 1.4.5-R0.2

Show Spoiler
    v.5.3
    - added maximums and minimums to equations.
    - added ability to customize the arrows that skeletons shoot.
    - removed level cap.
    - added support for build 1.3.2-R2.0

v.5.2
    - added Kill Messages
    - added Death Messages
    - added command to make the plugin check all entities and replace them if it has to.
    - removed delay
    - edited what objects are used for mobs making the game run almost like it's vanilla minecraft with this plugin and increasing compatibility.
    - fixed bug where mobs would disappear before the death animation could finish.
    - added support for build 1.3.2-R0.1

v.5.1
    - added serialization of stats.
    - added level cap
    - added delay between hits
    - fixed bug where mobs disappear when landing hits too quickly.
    - added support for build 1.3.1-R2.0

v.5.0
    - added QWD equations
    - added QMD equations
    - added Exponential equations
    - added EWD equations
    - added EMD equations
    - added support for build 1.2.5-R3.0

v.4.2
    - added support for giving money for killing a mob

v.4.1.2
    - fixed bug ruining pvp attacks and entity on entity attacks

v.4.1.1
    - fixed bug where health wasn't changing

v.4.1
    - added custom drops

v.4.0
    - changed config
    - added custom equations
    - added custom exp drops
    - fixed mobs not reacting to being hit
    - added support for build 1.2.5-R2.0

v.3.0.1:
    - fixed config creation bug

v.3.0
    - added the ability to change the origin
    - added the ability to have multiple origins
    - added the ability to configure all messages
    - added the ability to turn off messages
    - changed the way health is handled
    - removed level 0 and made level 1 bigger.
    - removed the ability to send ops and the console messages about players changing zones
    - some minor bug fixes
    - added support for build 1597

v.2.0
    - added configuration file
    - added the configurable ability to message ops when players change zones
    - added the configurable ability to log to the console when a player changes zones.
    - made message configurable
    - made the size of each zone configurable

v.1.1.2
    - added support for build 1337

v.1.1.1
    - added support for build 1317

v.1.1
    - added support for build 1240

v.1.0
    - The first release of the plugin.

nhoclesnar likes this.
  2. Offline

gamerguy14

Did you try copying the config I posted? Are there any errors on the console? Are you using the recommended build of CraftBukkit?

3. Offline

Fiddy_percent

I found the issue Google chrome was messing with the download :/ its fixed :D

4. Offline

gamerguy14

That's great! You had me worried, I couldn't find the problem.

5. Offline

gamerguy14

I would like to announce the new features being released in 4.0.

• Drops are configurable by zone
    • XP drops increase as the zones increase
    • If a new build comes out, it will support it

Fiddy_percent, jazzman170 and jabsu like this.
  6. Offline

Ensavier

I don't know what you're using to track bugs so I'll post in the forums here.
    The way you have damage handling done ignores instances of the mob burning from the sun. I don't know if it effects enchantments causing mobs to burn.

Also, mob vs. mob damage seems to be broken as well.

7. Offline

gamerguy14

Mob vs. Mob only looks broken but it isn't, it just doesn't play the effect.

It only handles damage for entities damaging entities. The danger of handling burning in the sun is that in high level zones the mobs won't die before night comes, meaning that they will always be a danger, and no new mobs will spawn.

8. Offline

Ensavier

actually it turns out it was a customization I made to the bukkit code that caused the events to not be handled properly when a non-player did damage to a non-player.

I thought I tested it out with the vanilla server build but it looks like I screwed up copying it over lol ><'.

My bad. Great mod btw.

9. Offline

Fiddy_percent

will mobs show damage in 4.0?

10. Offline

gamerguy14

I still have to look into that.

11. Offline

AZNjimmyKID

the passive mobs just sit and stare at u when u hit em its like 1.7 and theres no affect till they die so u just see em sitting there
    ~edit~
    im saying the mobs dont try to run away like there suppose to

12. Offline

gamerguy14

Ya like I have been saying, the effect doesn't play. The reason is because I handle the damage and when I set the damage to zero it cancels the effect. It should work in the next version.

13. Offline

HighlifeTTU

Anxiously awaiting version 4.0. I want to implement this mod but waiting on the EXP to raise with level. I'm hoping that a combination of removing mob spawners, a small reduction in overall spawn frequency, then adding this mod will help greatly with server lag but also give players in a hardcore server a risk/reward for hiding their bases away from spawn. Also, will be good for adventuring far away. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

14. Offline

gamerguy14

I have figured out how to make mobs react to damage and it will be implemented in the next version.

日本でこのプラグインのためにTwitterに投稿するために誰、私は日本語を話すか日本語を読むことができません。私はそれを理解できるように、英語またはフランス語の言ったことを投稿してくれませんか?

悪い日本語のため申し訳ありませんが

To the english speaking who use this plugin,

This was in response to someone who tweeted in Japanese to this plugin. I translated a message saying please use English or French into Japanese so that the person knows this. I used babel fish so I know that it makes no sense. Don't bother trying to read this it doesn't have any important information about the plugin.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  15. Offline

Serejai

Using your plugin I get the error below spammed about ten times a second until I shut off the server.

http://pastie.org/3059448

EDIT: I'm also getting the same error with PLAYER_MOVE and PLAYER_TELEPORT. Plugin doesn't seem to work at all with RB 1.0.1

16. Offline

gamerguy14

Is your config file made properly? Make sure every world has an origin written down.

17. Offline

Serejai

Changed the origin from "spawn" to 0,0,0 and now I get the following error:

Code:
    21:54:44 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Mob Stats v3.0.1 (Is it up to da
    te?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at mobstats.MobStats.closestOriginDistance(MobStats.java:236)
            at mobstats.MobStats.onEnable(MobStats.java:209)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:188)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:968)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:280)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:186)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:169
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:348)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:335)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:165)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:399)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    I have two worlds. One of them still gets spammed with those PLAYER_MOVE and CREATURE_SPAWN errors constantly (everytime I move my mouse, 1 pixel = 1 error message... so hundreds per second). The other world is showing no errors and displays zone changes, but no monsters spawn (presumably because of the above error).

18. Offline

gamerguy14

Code:
    origin: 0,0,0
    Is this how you formatted it?

If so then you need to type the name of world then the origin location; like this:

Code:
    nameOfWorld:0,0,0

19. Offline

Sputnik_15

I don't know how much code it is. But i was trying to figure out a way to use this and something like cookie monster. So when players kill mobs in harder zones. they get paid more for the effort

20. Offline

8_year_old

1) I absolutely love this mod. Thank you for making this.
    2) Been testing it on my server.
    3) Does what it says it will do, precisely.
    4) Mobs are not dropping experience orbs. <-- this is a big issue for me.
    5) Creepers cannot be knocked back with attacks (but it sounds like you're working on this)
    6) Would it be beneficial if I tried to steer a couple other programmers your way to assist you?
    7) Is there a way to remove this plugin's messaging functionality entirely? Even after deleting the default messages from the config file, it still brings up the chat box. It's not a crushing issue, but it is a little annoying to have the chat box pop up when nobody is typing anything. Example can be seen below:
    [​IMG]

21. Offline

Fiddy_percent

Did you put "false" in the config file for the zone messages

22. Offline

8_year_old

Oh man, I should have read the config file a little more carefully. I see it now *facepalms* yep, that did the trick. Thank you!

While I'm posting, I might as well ask: Is anyone else having issues with mobs not dropping experience?

*Edit* I have a few people online tonight testing things out. Saw this pop up in the console and screencapped it for this thread.
    [​IMG]

23. Offline

Fiddy_percent

Do you think this would work with the heroes plugin? not sure if they would mess with each other

24. Offline

8_year_old

I've done extensive tests with this mod. What I've noticed is that whatever you've done to change how damage is dealt with in minecraft is causing other things to happen.

For one, player vs player damage seems to have changed.

I tested this with another player.
    Me: Full diamond armor.
    Him: Diamond sword
    Results: Killed me in one hit.

Me: Full diamond armor with protection IV enchantments.
    Results: No damage done to me. When the armor was near breaking point, damage started to come through (but only when it was extremely close to breaking).

Me: Iron armor
    Results: Killed me in one hit.

I also performed tests with monsters...

I don't remember the exact details, but this is what I figured out.

When wearing full diamond armor with protection IV, monsters at level 400+ did NO DAMAGE to me at all. Instead, the armor took a lot of durability damage. Diamond armor with protection IV was destroyed in under a minute of constant zombie attacks.

I also noted that Swords with fire aspect enchantment did not set mobs on fire. Not sure if enchantments are working with weapons, as I didn't specifically perform tests on this subject.

25. Offline

kd280z

26. Offline

AZNjimmyKID

probably the only plugin i'm waiting on. The others all seem like they'll f up the feel i created on my server.

can you make it so that the plugin only affect aggressive mobs not including the angry wolves or can u have a setup for that?

27. Offline

gamerguy14

Good idea! How about a config to put all the affected animals.

28. Offline

AZNjimmyKID

yay now i don't feel so alone on this forum finally 1 person agrees with me i been on this for nearly 2 months ... not a lot of time but still

and yes by setup i meant config sorry for my bad english/grammar

how long dose it normally take u to start a project like coding i messed around with flash and game maker but not much coding was done and it takes me about 10 minutes to make a basic plat former game (not including the sprites i fail at art ... shame)

29. Offline

gamerguy14

It doesn't take too long. The part that takes long is when I am debugging it, like how I am working on the custom drops part right now and there are bugs in it and they are taking me awhile to get rid of them.

I will get to work on this next feature soon though.

30. Offline

gamerguy14

Working on the next version right now. I have to change all the events.

31. Offline

8_year_old

Hey have you taken a look at the issues I brought up in this post?