[MECH] MobRider v0.47 - Finally a proper use for saddles! [1.4.6]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by mung3r, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Offline

mung3r

Works fine for me *after* I add myself to the "User" group defined in your config. I issued the follow pex command to do so once my test server was running:

Code:
    /pex user mung3r group add User
    I noticed that your default group of "Player" does not have permissions to ride mobs so brand new players joining your server will need to be added to the "User" group to ride mobs.

Edit: There's something fishy going on here. I will have to take a closer look.

2. Offline

kaisersouse

I know its available via permissions, but would it be possible to make a simple yml config file, with a toggle for global ability to ride other players (and if possible, toggle 'goto').

I run a PvP server, and people love this plugin...but being able to go to others when they are in their (usually secret) bases kinda messes things up. And if two people saddle each other, they rocket into space.

I'm trying to avoid a hornet's nest of permissions. Either everyone can do something or they cant on my server. A simple config file would really help some people out. I know its a bit rude to ask for a 'personal' tweak, but i dont think im the only one who would benefit.

Thanks!

3. Offline

bubbarush

when im riding a mob and use the /go <direction> <amount> the mobs will only go south and east. why cant they go north or west? is it a problem for everyone or just me? and sometimes... for no reason, sometimes for being attacked.. sometimes for using fishing pole.. my animals rocket upward into space. Also... the fishing rod goes in random directions.

4. Offline

mung3r

Hmm, this looks like a bug with the go command. I'll create a ticket for that one. The rocketing sounds interesting, will have to play with that and see if I can recreate it. As for the fishing rod and random directions, I've found that it's difficult to control using that method in general.

5. Offline

mung3r

@bubbarush
    @darkmage0252

Give this dev build a try. It'll fix the direction bug and the permissions issue. Still working on the "wandering" when the mob gets to it's destination.

6. Offline

darkmage0252

thanks testing it now

7. Offline

mung3r

Maintenance release available here.

Changes:
    • Added missing LavaSlime and Snowman
    • Fixed bug with case sensitive permissions
    • Fixed bug with direction command vectors getting modified
    • Fixed bug with mobs wandering at destination

8. Offline

DailyCakeSlice

I did try. It turns out that the person that tries to ride them doesn't get on. How ever, to other players they can see the person riding. So client trying to ride just stands there but to others, it seems like they are riding it. Its quite odd. Awesome plugin though! :)

9. Offline

Varimathras

hi again I tested the new version and it works but there is another problem, when I point with the rod where to go, the mob go but sometimes he walks into another direction like when he is wild

they dont go in circles but they dont go where I point them with the rod, only a few times they go them they go where they want

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  10. Offline

mung3r

The rod has always been difficult to manage. I'm hoping to implement a better control scheme and get rid of the rod.

11. Offline

Varimathras

I saw in a plugin of boats, that the use to move it with the map in hand and with the arrows, maybe you could be able to use thtat type of system to make the mobs move

12. Offline

mung3r

If you mean being able to pick the item used for direction, then yes, that is a good option to add. I'll create a ticket for this suggestion.

13. Offline

Fokson

Hmm, getting an error whenever right-clicking with a saddle, regardless of if I'm facing a mob or not:

Code:
    21:30:32 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to MobRider
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.b(Lnet/minecraft/server/Entity;Lnet/minecraft/server/AxisAlignedBB;)Ljava/util/List;
            at com.edwardhand.mobrider.listeners.RiderPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(RiderPlayerListener.java:67)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$11.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:343)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:341)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:178)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:274)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:602)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.handle(SourceFile:39)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:536)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:434)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    Is this just 'cause I'm using 1.1 and you haven't gotten around to updating, or is this something else I've done wrong?

Also, I know this is REALLY obscure, but... could you add to the permissions for mounting a player, the ability to set permissions per player name? So, mobrider.players.* or mobrider.players.fokson? You would be making my day if you did XD

14. Offline

mung3r

Yup, that's definitely a 1.1 bug. I'll have an update as soon as a recommended bukkit 1.1 is released.

Also, for player specific permissions, just grant mobrider.players to the specific players you want to have that permission. Make sense?

15. Offline

Fokson

I understand, but it's sort of the other way around ^^ I would, as a joke, like all players to be able to mount a specific player or two, but only admins to be able to use the function to it's fullest. =) (Reason being that the players in question have their skin set to a horse so I thought it would be hilarious to make them mountable!)

Also on that note, another idea came to mind. A command for a currently-mounted player to use: /mob buck (or some such thing, lol) to remove the rider from you. Accompanying it could also be a permission node, mobrider.buck XD

16. Offline

mung3r

Interesting idea Fokson

I will create a feature request ticket for that one. Thanks!

17. Offline

angryfarmer

Can we ride dragons?

18. Offline

mung3r

You can ride them but not control them.

19. Offline

Mista Epic

So that's why it isn't working, I forgot to put Vault in! :D

You mean you can ride a player who's riding you, vice versa?

I do this to troll my friends, it makes you fly in the sky. I ride them, turn on god mode, and unride them. And then they go >splat< onto the ground, and I laugh like a maniac.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

20. Offline

shanko

I hate to be the only one to ask but do the dev builds work with the dev craftbukkit builds?

21. Offline

mung3r

Yes, they do.

22. Offline

mung3r

Another maintenance release is posted here.
    • Now compatible with 1.1
    • Added config.yml (adjust speeds, choose food items)
    • Cleaned up commands
    • Misc code cleanup

23. Offline

zhenghan3

when i want to use the command ,for example :/mob go north 1,then the system will say that'' an internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command
    what should i do
    i have already put the mobrider.jar and vault.jar into the plugins

24. Offline

mung3r

What version of bukkit are you running? You can find this at startup in the server.log.

There was a bug in the "go" command. Be sure to use this latest bugfix release.

25. Offline

Davidex

why I get " [MobRider] Default config could not be created! " message?

I have already put the mobrider.jar and vault.jar into the plugins, too

26. Offline

zhenghan3

i found that the version of my bukkit is 1.1 r1,the mob rider that i download is fit for 1.1 r3.so i download the bukkit 1.1 r3, but when i input the /mob go north 1,the system still say that an internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command

27. Offline

Varimathras

me too =/

I went to the mobrider config, I open it but its empty =/

28. Offline

zibimucha

why with a fishing rod ? :D
    maybe better is like W,A,S,D :D
    and can we ride a Dragons ?

P S sorry 4 my bad english im from Poland

29. Offline

Varimathras

Zibimucha:
    thats what we all said, but the answer is that all plugins developers said that is dificult to configure the mob to move with W S A D, all said that it colud be possible but its too hard, it would take a lot of time.
    and the rod is a good way to move it like a whip, but Mung3r is still woking with it to work perfectly

30. Offline

migsthegod

same.
    my config is empty too.
    getting internal error too.
    using latest bukkit build and latest mob rider build