[MECH] MobRider v0.47 - Finally a proper use for saddles! [1.4.6]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by mung3r, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Offline

mung3r

Read back in the forum thread and you'll find your answer. Or you could just download the latest version.

I'll take a look at the ticket.

You can ride/mount/unmount creatures as many times as you want.

2. Offline

Raycrash

I actually meant that two people can't ride the same entity at the same time.

3. Offline

mung3r

Memory is a bit foggy but I believe that is the case. Only one person can ride a mob at a time.

Figured out the error. This happens when you use the plugin on bukkit 1.0. You can try this unsupported build for bukkit 1.0 (support will come along with the reommended build of bukkit) located here.

As for players being able to "sit" on each other, this was something that you can limit via permissions. It was left in as a "feature" from the previous authors.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  4. Offline

Adrenaline

PHP:
    2011-12-07 12:41:01 [SEVERECould not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to MobRider
    java
    .lang.IllegalStateExceptionStart block missed in BlockIterator
        at org
    .bukkit.util.BlockIterator.<init>(BlockIterator.java:167)

at org.bukkit.util.BlockIterator.<init>(BlockIterator.java:254)

at org.bukkit.util.BlockIterator.<init>(BlockIterator.java:289)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftLivingEntity.getLineOfSight(CraftLivingEntity.java:83)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftLivingEntity.getTargetBlock(CraftLivingEntity.java:109)

at com.edwardhand.mobrider.listeners.RiderPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(RiderPlayerListener.java:57)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$11.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:330)

at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:178)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:149)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:560)

at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:39)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:516)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:414)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    --
    PHP:
    2011-12-07 12:41:04 [SEVERECould not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to MobRider
    java
    .lang.IllegalStateExceptionStart block missed in BlockIterator
        at org
    .bukkit.util.BlockIterator.<init>(BlockIterator.java:167)

at org.bukkit.util.BlockIterator.<init>(BlockIterator.java:254)

at org.bukkit.util.BlockIterator.<init>(BlockIterator.java:289)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftLivingEntity.getLineOfSight(CraftLivingEntity.java:83)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftLivingEntity.getTargetBlock(CraftLivingEntity.java:109)

at com.edwardhand.mobrider.listeners.RiderPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(RiderPlayerListener.java:57)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$11.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:330)

at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:178)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:149)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:560)

at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:39)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:516)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:414)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)

5. Offline

mung3r

Any comments? These two are the same. You also posted this error previously.

6. Offline

md_5

Nice

Olivki likes this.
  7. Offline

Adrenaline

Spam too much -_-

You cannot test this plugin at your computer.. and give correct update ? [tnt]

8. Offline

mung3r

Are you using this version of the plugin? I can't help you unless you provide more information on your setup.

9. Offline

Raycrash

I request that you split the permissions for each monster/animal.
    And that there should be some kind of waypoint mode, so a pig is waiting at point A.
    When you take your seat on it, it starts going to it's destination set by Waypoints.
    With this iconomy intergration would be nice.

Pig-railways =)

10. Offline

Adrenaline

Work all ;P after update never see errors from this plugin :)

mung3r likes this.
  11. Offline

mung3r

Per creature permission support has been around for a while. Look here on how to do this.

Interesting idea. Sounds like PigCart Mania :p

12. Offline

Raycrash

No I meant that you split the permissions for each animal/monster to ride, and the link is from ecocreatures ? not mobrider ? Oo

Oh and please not only pigs :D

13. Offline

mung3r

Holy crap! I definitely got mixed up between my plugins D:

Yes, per creature permissions is a good feature to have. Will add it to the list.

14. Offline

shanko

is this still vault only?

15. Offline

mung3r

It's now optional. No Vault just means you have to use bukkit permissions only.

16. Offline

Hornik_Honza

Hello,
    my travel speed is very slow, at most when there are no obstacles it is like normal walking speed.
    Is this a problem of the experimental release or is the problem on my side?

17. Offline

mung3r

Hmm, that reminds me that needs to be fixed :). Seriously though, had to disable the speed boost as it was causing issues. However, the code base is at a good place now that I can go back and take a closer look.

18. Offline

Varimathras

I have a server but I have to study this days, when I have time I will test your plugin it looks cool

19. Offline

Hornik_Honza

that would be coool,
    i would really like to use it as mounts for one of nations on our server.
    thx for your work :)

20. Offline

DailyCakeSlice

Wow! This is awsome! I installed this so I could ride ghasts for a video some friends and I are doing. The only thing about this plugin I wal a little disappointed with was the fact I couldnt ride ghasts or enderdragons and I couldn'y control any of the mobs. Great job though! Please reply back to tell me if you plant to make mob controllable!
    [diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][air] (4 out of 5 diamonds):)

21. Offline

ratty

Not sure if this is known, but Vault is a requirement (it being a softdepend threw me off) for this plugin since without Vault, it allows everyone access to all features of the mod even if they have no permissions at all.
    I'm using PEX and could verify that the user had no permissions set at all, was not op, and could mount players. This got exploited a lot on my server, this wasn't a problem in the past so I'm not sure what changed. I finally noticed that line about Vault on the info page, installed it, and now it works. Its kind of a shame I have to install this Vault thing just to run a single fun plugin.

22. Offline

mung3r

Well, Vault lets me support any (or virtually any) Permissions plugin out there. What would really be a shame is if I have to spend time implementing and supporting specific perm plugins like PEX rather than working on the core feature functionality of MobRider.

I'm glad you're enjoying the plugin.

Things should get ironed out with an official release for bukkit 1.0. However, for the meantime, you can always try the latest dev build.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

23. Offline

Sleaker

Are you complaining because you don't know what Vault does? or because you legitimately have an issue with it?

It's a plugin that provides developers with libraries so they can continue developing great plugins that support any system you, or other server admins would want to use.

Vault is a pass-through plugin. That means it adds little/no extra processing when it's just sitting there alone. The only time it gets used is if you have a plugin that accesses it for information such as if a plugin needs to know which permission system to use, and how to use it.

24. Offline

shanko

@Sleaker

Just a question about Vault, I can use vault and register at the same time correct?

25. Offline

Sleaker

On a server or in development? cause you can use both of them in both cases, but I don't see a reason to develop for Register anymore. It supports less, has more problems, and isn't developed anymore.

mung3r likes this.
  26. Offline

shanko

I meant for my server! Works great :D Vault is actually a genius idea, combines economy and perms all in one :]

I have a request for this plugin, add a command for mountng something. Like /mob mount, and it will mount whatever your cursor is on. That way we can use command iconomy or the magic spells plugin to put mana costs, cool downs, or cost economy money :p

27. Offline

mario00037

do the permissions work with Permissions 3 or PEX? I use group manager.

28. Offline

mung3r

All the permissions plugins listed on the Vault page are supported.

I'll add a ticket.

29. Offline

Goldkoron

When are you updating this so that we then can ride and control Enderdragons =D

30. Offline

mung3r

Umm, how about now? :) You can ride them but you can't control them at the moment.

Go ahead and download it here.