Inactive [MECH] Lampstone/Timeblock v1.0 - Automatic night-time ANYTHING [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Izze, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Izze

Lampstone - Automatic night-time lamps ANYTHING
    Version: v1.0

This plugin lets you place any block which turn into another block type in the morning, and then turns back into the first block type in the evening. This lets you build nice looking lamp posts which turn themselves off in the morning and stuff like that.

Feutures:
    • Adds the /lampstone command, which enables and disables lampstone mode
    • Use any block type for both day and night.
    Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Screenshots taken with a modified version of Painterly pack, to match glowstone and glass texture.

Download Lampstone v1.0 here!
    (Mirror)

Instructions:
    1. Download Lampstone.zip above
    2. Open Lampstone.zip
    3. Place everything inside Lampstone.zip in your plugins folder. This should include: Lampstone.jar and a folder called Lampstone, with the files called lampstoneLocations.yml and lampstoneProperties.yml inside.
    4. If you want to change the default properties, open up lampstoneProperties.yml.
    5. In lampstoneProperties.yml, change numbers behind blockDay and blockNight to your liking. (It should be block IDs, default is 20 (glass) in the day and 89 (lightstone) in the night.)
    6. Save lampstoneProperties.yml (if you changed it) and run the server
    7. To enter lampstone mode, enter "/lampstone" in the chat
    8. When in lampstone mode, place a block of the type you specified as blockNight in lampstoneProperties.yml anywhere. If you didn't change any properties, this is a glowstone block. A message in the chat should tell you that a lampstone block has been created.
    9. If you want to use another block combiantion than the defaults (the ones in the configuration file), you use the command like this:
      /lampstone [blockDay] [blockNight]
    10. To exit lampstone mode, simply enter "/lampstone" in the chat again
    Permissions:
    • Lampstone.create (self-explanatory)
    • Lampstone.break (self-explanatory)
    Changelog:
    Version 1.0
    • You can now select any block type for both day and night.
    Version 0.8
    • Fixed a lot of bugs reported by xGhOsTkiLLeRx.
    Version 0.6
    • Checks if the chunk is loaded before it tries to change the block type of a lampstone.
    • Tells you how many lampstones that were loaded at server startup.
    Version 0.5
    • Console outputs a message if it fails to load a block from the lampstoneLocations.yml file. This is for bug catching purposes.
    Version 0.4
    • Fixed bug where properties didn't work. Thanks to SuperThaTom for telling me.
    • Checks so that your properties are valid on initialization.
    Version 0.3
    • Fixed bugs
    • Files creates themselves
    • Warning: BREAKS YOUR V0.2 LAMPSTONES!!
    Version 0.2
    • Added lampstoneProperties.yml
    • You can now choose which blocks should be lampstones
    Version 0.1
    • Initial release
    Known bugs:
    • If you forget to create or remove the contents of lampstoneLocations.yml, the plugin will fail to initialize. Help needed and appreciated! Fixed with help from Nohup! Many thanks!
    • Breaks after a while for some people.

Emiya Shirou, nova779 and MuttsNuts like this.
  2. Offline

Don Redhorse

@Izze can I take over your plugin, I need written proof as it seem..

3. Offline

Mukrakiish

He was last seen Oct 29. I think there might be some kind of writing somewhere to say once a plugin goes inactive that its up for grabs with proper credit to the original owner...I can only guess though.

4. Offline

Don Redhorse

well that was my understanding to, but without the inactive part as that isn't really done anymore.

5. Offline

Don Redhorse

6. Offline

peaky2

I don't know if you are still working on this plugins but, could you fix it so you can use colored wools?

7. Offline

Tompa266

Update?

8. Izze
    Please take the time to update the plugin or release the source so someone else can do it if you dont have the time.

9. Offline

Tompa266

Plzzzz! Update! :D

10. Offline

oli4ei162

can you please update :D

11. Offline

Askart

Attached Files:

12. Offline

crossiron94

I need this plugin, please update !

13. Offline

Tealk

14. Offline

crossiron94

15. Offline

pumakid98

umh i dont get the folder i download the V1.0 plz help

16. Offline

Whistler

Is there a chance of this being updated soon? I need it for my server (pretty huge part...) If not could you possibly send me the codings and I will figure to make it work with the newest version? Thank you.