[MECH] InvinciWolf v1.0.1- Wolves That Will Wait For Your Return [1597]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by MiracleM4n, May 6, 2011.

1. Offline

MiracleM4n

Version: 1.0.1 (Versioning = MC Version 1.0 Release 1) (Nov 24/11)

Features:
    • Permissions for everything.
    • Makes it so that if the owner of a wolf/wolves is offline no damage can be dealt to it.
    • Owner of wolf/wolves cannot attack their own wolf.
    • A command???
    • Cap on owned wolves.
    • Self-Updating Config File.
    Download

Source

Other Stuff:
    [​IMG] Please donate to help support me :D

If you don't have permissions all the features that rely on it will default on the OP system (in theory).

It's pretty simple -Not really If a player owns a wolf/wolves and they decide that they would like to leave the server this plugin makes it so that no one can kill your wolves while you are gone (permissions override), it makes it so that you cannot harm your own wolf (need permissions), wolf teleport command in case they wander (need permissions), also there now is a cap on owned wolves(configurable), config file for most things.

Many thanks to stoneLeaf, Xstasy, PsiOmega, and lishid for putting up with me on the IRC.

Commands: (open)

/getwolves <radius> -Get wolves from specified radius that may have wandered and teleport them to you.

Permissions: (open)

"invinciwolf.tele" -Allows use of /getwolves command features.
    "invinciwolf.teleadmin" -Allows unhindered use of /getwolves command features (not confined to an area of 64)
    "invinciwolf.offline" -Allows attacking of wolf/wolves when their owner is offline.
    "invinciwolf.own" -Makes your own wolf/wolves invincible to you. (Can't kill own wolves).
    "invinciwolf.many" -Allows player to own more than 10 wolves.

Changelog:
    Version 1.0.1 (Nov 24/11)
    • Major Code Cleanup
    Changelog: (open)

Version 1.7.2 (Sept 02/11)
    • Fixed more coding.
    • Added GM/PM2,3 Support.
      Version 1.7.1 (July 10/11)
      • Fixed some coding issues hopefully
      • Added a self-updating config file
      Version 1.6.2
    • Fixed taming issues
    • Removed the unneeded UpdatedWolf class
    • Updated to latest RB
    Version 1.6.1
    • Updated for 1.6
    Version 1.5.1
    • Changed versioning....That is all. (Request something)
    Version 0.0.5
    • Added a config file for most things.
    Version 0.0.4
    • Added wolf cap (if you dont have permissions node you can only have 10 wolves)
    Version 0.0.3
    • A Command??? :O
    • Permissions for everything.
    Version 0.0.2
    • Wolf owners cannot attack their own wolf/wolves.
    Version 0.0.1
    • Released.

2. Offline

msw1

Good, now how about no killing your own wolves? :p

Btw, title is very wrong.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    rty likes this.
  3. Offline

kahlilnc

Nice
    @msw1 I don't think you see the point to this. It makes it so no one who is online can kill your wolf while you are offline.

4. Offline

MiracleM4n

And Title = Being fixed XD

I think msw1 wants it so that when you are online the owner cant either. (Will be adding)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

msw1

Yes, that is what I wanted. Thanks!

6. Offline

Sage9234

You need a way to get rid of your wolves still. Like /kw or /kwolf or /w kill

7. Offline

MiracleM4n

It is in v0.0.2 (Latest version)

8. Offline

thepackett

could you maybe add a limit on the amount of wolves a player can tame?

9. Offline

MiracleM4n

Hmm. That is possible. Would it be wise to add it to this plugin though?

10. Offline

blutherz

can admin still kill wolf?

11. Offline

QQCucumber

There aren't a lot of wolf plugins right now that add essential features tbh. I really need a plugin that keeps it so other players can't hurt wolves and won't be attacked by them since right now they are sometimes invisible to other players.

12. Offline

MiracleM4n

1. I Can add the admin feature.
    2. I can make a seperate plugin that cancels all player vs. wolf damage.

13. Offline

retsrif

Can you make it so the wolf doesn't move too?

14. Offline

MiracleM4n

retsrif: I dont know if this is possible. I may be able to teleport all owned wolves to you on startup.

15. Offline

placeboing

I see you are adding teleporting wolves when you log in, and this is controlled through Permissions.

Is this a setting in the plugin? The reason I'm wondering is I am the admin, and I have all permissions (*), but I keep a room in my base with all of my wolves. If I had wolves teleporting to me each time I log in, it would get really annoying.

Are we able to have all permissions, but set a config option to not have wolves teleport to us?

16. Offline

MiracleM4n

Teleport may not be in this release as it is turning out to be a hassle. I may make it a configurable command Ie. /getwolves 20 (will get your wolves in an area of 20 blocks). This will most likely be in v0.0.4

Sorry for delay on updating there has been a feature change. (new command) and I am learning how to use commands now.

Will be updated soon.(Hopefully tonight)

UPDATED. Hope you all like it :D. Took all night and tons of bothering stoneLeaf for tips.

placeboing likes this.
  17. Offline

placeboing

Well I installed this, and I like just not being able to attack my wolves now. Knowing that nobody can kill them while I'm offline is nice too. Thanks for this.

18. Offline

MiracleM4n

No problem if there are anymore features you would like me to add please reply here.

19. Offline

MatCat

I like the concept, gonna try this out on my server (We average 30+ at a time during the day). so I will be able to give you good input :p.

20. Offline

placeboing

Well I'm wondering, since you're one of the only people doing a wolf plugin... Would it be possible to command the wolves that are currently following us to attack enemies? Like whatever enemy we left-click with the stick they would attack? That would be pretty cool, but might be complicated to code.

Edit: Also, I keep a "wolf den" with like 12+ wolves in it, and I only take 1 with me hunting. It would be cool/funny if I could set the wolves that I leave in the den to be aggressive toward anyone that entered the room. Again, I don't even know if this is possible.
    Just giving some random ideas.

21. Offline

MiracleM4n

For the attack idea, does it not do this already? Or would you like it so that if you left click on an entity the entity you left click will not attack you? For the attack thing I will work on it :D. v0.0.4 is almost out im sure everyone will like the new features it has.

Added wolf cap.

22. Offline

QQCucumber

Do you think you could let us control the cap? I was hoping to limit it to like.. 3.

23. Offline

MiracleM4n

I will do this for v0.0.5 (will be adding config.yml file XD)

24. Offline

placeboing

Well what I was thinking was that I could command my wolf to attack an enemy from a distance, pointing at a zombie while waving a stick and my wolf would attack it. It was just a random idea I was wondering if was possible

25. Offline

MiracleM4n

It is possible, But I dont think I can do it yet. (Not enough knowledge of Java and the API).

26. Offline

KcHappy

Wolves keep despawning.. anything you can do about that?

27. Offline

MiracleM4n

Despawning?

28. Offline

mrkillit

I like the idea of clicking on an enemy with a stick from a distance and making the wolf attack. Also it would be great if you could call your wolf back from attacking.

29. Offline

MiracleM4n

This will be implemented as soon as there is a getTargetedEntity :p

30. Offline

Lykkepillen

My wolves keep despawning too. I don't think it's related to this plugin, but if you could somehow force wolves to stay put, even on long logouts it would be great.