[MECH] HealOthers v1.2 - Be a Medic [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Koanga, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Koanga

Heal Others - Be a Medic
    Works for RB 1000
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Information:
    After a large hiatus from plugin making, I present to you a lightweight and small plugin known as HealOthers!
    This simple plugin allows you to simply left click any player with any food item in your hand, and heal them for the correct amount as specified by Notch himself!

Features:
    * Allows you to heal others by simply left-clicking them with the desired food.
    * Deletes the food item upon heal.
    * Returns the correct item as if you were eating it yourself (Mushroom Soup - Bowl)
    * Cannot heal others if their health is full
    * Supports all normally edible food items! (Besides Cake, considering it is consumed differently than other food items).
    * Now supports Permissions and Factions! (Permission node: healothers.canheal)

Changelog:

Version 1.0:
    1. Initial release.

Version 1.2
    2. Added Permissions support (node: healothers.canheal)
    3. Added property "canthealenemyfactions".
    4. Added Factions support.

Properties:
    5. "canthealenemyfactions" - Only usable if Factions is enabled on your server, allowing you to set whether or not players from enemy factions can heal each other. MUST be set to either true/false. Default value: true.

Permissions:
    6. "healothers.canheal" - Defines whether or not you can heal another person.

Planned updates (in order of priority):

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2016
    Phiwa and JonasD like this.
  2. Offline

Plague

title is missing plugin version

3. Offline

Koanga

Sorry, title was fixed. It's been a while...

4. Offline

JoePrime

Excellent plugin, would it be possible to add Factions support so you can't heal members of enemy factions? Or/and Permissions support, so only certain players can be allowed to heal other players?

Thank you!! :)

5. Offline

Koanga

Oh yeah, that is all possible.
    In fact, I'll add that to my list of things to add to this plugin.

Thanks for the feedback!

6. Offline

slodominator

Very Nice!!!!!

7. Offline

Cosmic Break

this is a brilliant idea!

8. Offline

pnede3

omfg... I was looking for this the whole day. this is just... EPIC
    thx dude :D

9. Offline

Koanga

Just released a new version: v1.2!
    This adds Permissions and Factions support.

Note:
    This update was done while I was without internet access, if any issues occur, PLEASE post so I can fix them as soon as possible.

Also, thanks for the feedback, haha.

10. Offline

WingsIsaac

It doesn't seem to work at all... I probably just suck though... :p

11. Offline

Koanga

I think it may be because the attacking event is never fired when PVP is turned off, check to make sure it's on before using this, the same problem happened to my friend.
    When 1.8 comes out I'll update this to support the new food and add some new features.

12. Offline

WingsIsaac

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that when PVP is disabled, it sends the event, but it gets cancelled. I could be wrong, but if this is so, it should be possible to do this with PvP off.

13. Offline

Thyrin

Could you get this to work with 1.8?

14. Offline

Phiwa

I only wanted to push this thread. I thought about new possible plugins and created exactly this plugin in my mind (including Factions-Support and all features), but then I recognized it already exists... -.-
    Please update it or give out the source, so someone else can do that (maybe I try it). ;)

15. Offline

Koanga

Sorry for the late reply, but it's obvious that I've not been coding recently. Because of the demand for me to update to 1.8, I shall do that whenever I can find the time tomorrow. Note the following:

It shall no longer heal HP, but rather the food bar.
    There MAY be a delay on giving the food + eating, I have to think about it.

16. Offline

alanine

Configurable? It may be especially hard to 'heal' them when players are unexpecting it and moving. It would also add lots of options for SMP owners. If that;s impossible: +1 vote towards instantanious 'healing'.

Thanks

17. Offline

Phiwa

My idea of this plugin was that you somehow could fill the foodbar and maybe use a different item/block (wool = bandage ?) to instantly heal, because in a fight everyone might have some food, but what the players really need is instant healing...

18. Offline

NightmareGR

Adding "book" could be very useful for a priest class :D

19. Offline

md_5

Long time no see Koanga. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5