Inactive [MECH/FUN] Vampire v4.3.1 - Add the horror of vampires to your server [1.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by MassiveCraft, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Offline

MassiveCraft

2. Offline

locutus

I seem to lose all my data everytime I restart the server. Only the players who were logged on at shutdown still have vampirism at startup. Running 1000 on java 1.6 I had to download GSON 1.7.1 to get it to work. I downloaded the source for Vampires 3.4.2, and modified it slightly, but nothing near the loading code.

I guess I should use the latest version. It's confusing that there are multiple threads for this plugin. Also, if anyone is interested, my mod was to make vampires aggro mobs in the presence of disallowed PreciousStones snitch fields. That allows me to create dungeons that are still meaningful and difficult to vampires, but let them keep thier noAggro normally.

3. Offline

BerialFang

@JackBaber I was wondering the same thing was thinking like a optinal on screen blood meter type thingy or something

4. Offline

JackBarber

Yes and maybe a skin changer when a player turns to vampire and night vision ^^

5. Offline

BerialFang

oh yeah night vision i would love because atleast for me it is really dark at night and yeah I know I could change settings but thats not the point

6. Offline

JackBarber

Yeah ^^ Vampires wouldn't need any torch when they will be mining and exploring.

7. Offline

i3w

When I set "enableVampireNameColorInChat" to true Vampire chat no longer shows up in the log.
    I'm using b1000 and iChat would be the only plug-in that could conflict with this. Please fix. :D

8. Offline

b0rnprox

is it possible to change the config so if i eat a golden apple i get 100 blood or something like that?
    foreksample if i eat a raw porkchop i get 4.0 + blood

9. Offline

Kazer

The truce ghast don't work ?

10. ill donate if you port this to spout!

its the only thing now stopping me frmo adding to our server, and if it had a GUI of your blood counter and a couple of vampy sound effect. hell yeah!

just an idea :)

Nurgo and JackBarber like this.
  11. Offline

Urahara72

I have a suggestion that I've gotten from players on my server. Full diamond armor prevents burning in the sun? Simple add right? Hope to see it in the next release!

12. Offline

HuntMASTER15

I think this plugin got abandoned. Can someone please take it over? If I knew a lick of java I would.

13. Offline

riuthamus

Somebody was asking for econ support with the plugin. Not sure why...

The only real concept i think of is the ability to buy ones self a cure with currency. Or maybe even allow the option to buy the ability to be cursed. ( pay a vampire to make you a vampire ) You could even use currency as... a way of upgrading. Say somebody turned the currency system in a level up system. ( which could be done using the configs ) and for you to upgrade your skills with your plugin, they would need to buy them.

14. Offline

strongside

I'm trying to install this plugin but how do you make vampires regenerate health and burn in sunlight because its not working :/

15. Offline

LucidLethargy

If this had a spout link like the werewolf one where it made them look somehow like a vampire... it would be amazing! I never thought this could be a reality, but if people could simply SEE that someone is a vampire it would add SO much more to the plugin!

16. Offline

Grimmy777

can you make a permission node for burning? I would like my mods/admins to be able to be vamps if they desire but the burning thing makes that very annoying. thanks! Great mod btw!

17. Offline

Altobot

Hey guys,

cool plugin, but, is it possible to make Vampires a bit weaker? They are really overpowered. They can heal themselves in Combat verry fast and nobody can defeat them. If they are burning in the Sun they dont care because they are just healing themseves. Maby you could give them another weakness, like when they get hit by Ironweapons they get double damage or something like..

18. Offline

JackBarber

Maybe you don't know that wooden weapons hurt vampires a lot ?...
    And if vampires don't die in the sun when they burn I suppose the config isn't good.

19. Offline

Chosen

This continue plugin don't have option
    infected player where he died?

this:
    "becomeVampireWhenDead": true,

//sry for english

rescpect

20. Offline

igmikey

vampires on my server are starting to be attacked by mobs even when there is a truce between everyone. some are also not loosing blood. there are no error messages when these events occur also.

21. Offline

Deathfromace

22. Offline

JackBarber

23. Offline

alexmack929

Hi there, first of all,

GREAT PLUGIN

Second of all, can I configure the 'effects' vampirism has?

E.g - Burn in sunlight, breathe underwater but not jump with a Rose or need blood to live?

24. Offline

igmikey

anyone know any plugins that conflict with this one?

25. Offline

M4xwellou

Great one !

Could you make permissions that affects who can use altars and who can't ?
    And who can turn Vampire and who can't ? :)
    The actual permissions just affect the commands right ?

'Cause I'm having the Werewolf on my server too, I can make the Vampire not to become infected by Werewolfism but I can"t restrict Werewolfs from becoming a Vampire xD

26. Offline

alexmack929

2011-09-05 13:29:03 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/Vampire.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:135)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:99)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:60)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:213)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:136)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:143)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:110)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:133)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:337)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    What have i done wrong? :eek:
    [diamond]

27. Offline

thamma

Huh? If i right-klick grass it will turn to dirt in an circle with a radius of 3 blocks :confused: Is this on purpose??

28. Offline

rufust

I am abandoning development on this project and will be moving onto contributing to the Supernatural plugin. Seems Olof has gone MIA again on this project.

29. Offline

Monkz

I would really like to see this plugin updated to take advantage of the hunger meter and change to make the hunger meter represent need for blood instead of food for vampires :D

30. Offline

Axoc

Hey, I'm having trouble with the altar system. On the MassiveCraft page, it clearly shows that when right-clicking on the Gold Block at an evil altar, I should be asked for a few items (1 mushroom, 10 bones, 10 redstone, 10 gunpowder, iirc). However, when I right-click on the Gold Block, nothing happens. I have tried this with every possible item I can think of, including my fist.

Any ideas on how to fix this? It seems like I'm the only one here with this problem, so do I need to just re-DL?

Thanks.

Edit: I have placed the Obsidian before the Gold and vice versa. I can find where all of the messages for this are in the text, but I can't find any triggers to activate them...when I attempt to use the admin command to infect myself, it says that I am infected, but when I type /v list, I am not on the Infected list. No one else on my server has tried the command, but everyone has the trouble with the altar.

31. Offline

MassiveCraft

I just updated this plugin and moved it to bukkit dev :)
    Awesome new features ohoy :)